Shadow priest and hunters arena?

I have fun with my shadow priest in rated bgs but I wanted to pull my hunter in and do some 2s once it reaches max level. How are hunters and shadows priest in arenas this season? I also have been debating on rolling an afflication lock for 2s but I had a couple of friends telling me just go with a mage, i don't think I would enjoy a mage though lol
    Last edited by Woofwerx; 2012-01-22 at 04:06 PM.

theyre both good.

affliction is good.

mage is good.

theyre all good.

PS. why 2s? u get no benefit from it, esp since ur doing RBGs you would probably get more points in that. 2s are pointless and frustrating.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    theyre both good.

affliction is good.

mage is good.

theyre all good.

PS. why 2s? u get no benefit from it, esp since ur doing RBGs you would probably get more points in that. 2s are pointless and frustrating.
    This is true, just had a friend who wanted to BS around in 2s. I might do affliction in 3s or my shadow priest though.

2s suck massive balls as shadow.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

shadow/mage or shadow/rogue is really the only way to roll in 2s..

Locks are probably the strongest caster in arena right now.

In Rated BG's Shadow Priests will be the "Mana Burn Guy" You will never be able to use any of your other abilities.

In Arena you will be used as "The Bait" and will get focused 100% of the time until your healer runs out of mana or you die.

Choose.

Edit

Until we can answer the question "Why not just bring a Warlock" then Shadow Priests will always be gimped in PVP. This is Blizzard's doing.

- Dots being nerfed by 15%

- Psychic Horror being bumped back to a 2 Min cool down, despite trinkets being able to remove silence and disarms.

- No more friendly dispels (Thanks Blizz, also fuck you)

- Self healing is not good enough.

- Every PVP Shadow Priest who has a brain is wearing Disc gear because they lack an ability they have been asking for since the start of Wrath.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Direshadow; 2012-01-25 at 04:52 AM.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account
    Direshadow summed up our problems pretty well in the above post, but - in RBGs if you are well geared you will be doing DPS not mana burns - bring disc priests for mana burns imo - bring shadow for deleting people in shattercombos.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Direshadow summed up our problems pretty well in the above post, but - in RBGs if you are well geared you will be doing DPS not mana burns - bring disc priests for mana burns imo - bring shadow for deleting people in shattercombos.

Agreed. I can do huge dps in bgs, with Mind Spike or just mind flaying with dots up.

But it's kind of a double edged sword.

Would you rather have the Disc Priest spamming Mana Burn, or would you rather the shadow priest, who will have more haste, do that instead?

Other then throwing out the occasional fear to break up a cluster fuck in a flag room, you're going to be mana burning. Ask any RBG leader out there.

And still the question has to be asked... "Why not just bring a Warlock?"

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Agreed. I can do huge dps in bgs, with Mind Spike or just mind flaying with dots up.

But it's kind of a double edged sword.

Would you rather have the Disc Priest spamming Mana Burn, or would you rather the shadow priest, who will have more haste, do that instead?

Other then throwing out the occasional fear to break up a cluster fuck in a flag room, you're going to be mana burning. Ask any RBG leader out there.

And still the question has to be asked... "Why not just bring a Warlock?"
    I suppose the exception here might be that I'm usually the one coordinating the CC chains and setting up our burst to score kills - so because I'm the ranking tactical officer at whichever node I'm at, my experience as shadow in RBG's may differ from the norm. Almost always I'm the top of killing blows, and very often the top damage as well - but that's a combination of the people I play with (my server is super low population, so it's mostly whatever we can get) and the role I play for my team, if for example your team was being coordinated by your hunter or mage or something - your shadowpriest might be more support based. Makes sense to me ^^
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-01-25 at 08:23 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I was watching metaphorz stream earlier and saw a shadowpriest do some wicked dmg on the opposing team.
    Hunters will give you a headache, only the die hard hunter players do really good, skill cap is insanely high.
    Warlocks are ehh if you dont like being support and limited, i wouldnt bother (Dot/fear bots, only works with Rshammys mainly)
    Mage is pretty fun, lower skill cap, you do insane damage and control. Also you can play fire in bgs and have lots of fun.

Its all about preference
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.