Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post

He reported it to his higher ups who were responsible for stuff like that and they didn't do shit so he is not solely at fault.
    You are ABSOLUTELY right. Not solely at fault. Lots of other people are ALSO at fault. That doesn't remove his blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    You are ABSOLUTELY right. Not solely at fault. Lots of other people are ALSO at fault. That doesn't remove his blame.
    Yea but 99.9% of the flak is getting thrown at him when their is a decent amount of non famous people who should be sharing the blame. Also in my opinion it was mcqueary's job to report it to police anything paterno said would just be heresay, he didn't actually witness anything.
    Last edited by rcking09; 2012-01-22 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchez View Post
    Good, help cover up child sexual abuse while he was coach, it's a shame the kids life's who he helped ruined won't be ever be normal.
    Joe Paterno reported the sexual abuse to his superiors at Penn State, which is all he is legally required to do. He did not participate in the sexual abuse nor did he actively participate in a cover-up. His dismissal from the coaching staff, which he sat on for 62 straight seasons, was the cover-up. He was hung out by the people he trusted for "only doing what the law requires."

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mytwocopper View Post
    Guess the guilt finally caught up to him, hope he burns in hell. You people still defending him, wake up idiots, he took advantage of kids you sick people.
    You're ignorance is exceeded only by you're stupidity. He never participated in the child abuse. He never even witnessed it. An Assistant Coach, who did witness it, reported the incident to Paterno. Paterno then reported it to his superiors, which is ALL THE LAW REQUIRES. He never violated any children or law. At worst he is guilty of poor judgement. And I'm pretty sure EVERYONE on these forums, including you, has been guilty of poor judgement at one time or another.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People do some research before you bring pitch forks to this thread and blame the man for something he didn't do. For one he didn't not molest or "take advantage of kids" hell he didn't even see any of it happening he heard about it and reported it to the AD's. Yes he should have reported it to the police just like the person that saw it happening should have and the AD's that Joe Pa reported the crimes to should have. If your going to post in this thread or any thread's on MMO please get your facts together before condemning people to hell for actions they didn't do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rest in peace JoePa, you are the example other coaches should aspire to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Rest in peace JoePa, you are the example other coaches should aspire to.
    lol 10ch

He saw it and did not report it to the police, allowing Sandusky get away with and abuse many other kids, he was very much involved.
    This is true. He participated in a cover up, and allowed a child rapist to continue having access to kids.

JoePa died without honors, and he shall be remembered for his role in covering up the actions of a child rapist.

I hope he rots in hell.

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    People do some research before you bring pitch forks to this thread and blame the man for something he didn't do. For one he didn't not molest or "take advantage of kids" hell he didn't even see any of it happening he heard about it and reported it to the AD's. Yes he should have reported it to the police just like the person that saw it happening should have and the AD's that Joe Pa reported the crimes to should have. If your going to post in this thread or any thread's on MMO please get your facts together before condemning people to hell for actions they didn't do.
    They are condemning him to hell for actions he did do, which is cover up for a child rapist, so Sandusky could continue to rape children.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
    This is true. He participated in a cover up, and allowed a child rapist to continue having access to kids.

JoePa died without honors, and he shall be remembered for his role in covering up the actions of a child rapist.

I hope he rots in hell.

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 05:09 PM ----------

They are condemning him to hell for actions he did do, which is cover up for a child rapist, so Sandusky could continue to rape children.
    I don't understand how he "covered it up" he didn't see anything him self and reported it to the higher ups, how are you going to report someone for a crime when you're not 100% positive the incident occurred Mcqueary could have totally fabricated that incident for all joe knew, look at it from his point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post
    Yea but 99.9% of the flak is getting thrown at him when their is a decent amount of non famous people who should be sharing the blame. Also in my opinion it was mcqueary's job to report it to police anything paterno said would just be heresay, he didn't actually witness anything.
    and 100% of this post and thread(check the title, son) is about Joe Paterno and his legacy. If you want to start a thread about the responsibility of the other parties involved, be my guest. This thread is about Joe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Godspeed Paterno. May your D1 football win record last for lifetimes to come, and be something for other coaches to even aspire to reach and even surpass.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

and 100% of this post and thread(check the title, son) is about Joe Paterno and his legacy. If you want to start a thread about the responsibility of the other parties involved, be my guest. This thread is about Joe.
    First off im the one who started the thread *derp* second you're a hypocrite because this thread is about his death and you and others started bashing him over the abuse scandal so if you want to to start you're own thread to bash joe paterno be my guest , but this thread is about his death.
    Last edited by rcking09; 2012-01-22 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I love the "Son" thing that gives this guy the self empowerment he needs to get a slight erection.

Also, Joepa = awesome, well I know a dog with that name, assuming the named him after this guy, yeah he must be cool.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saying he went to "higher ups" is bullshit. He should have called 911 the second it happened. The president of penn state university isn't someone to go to with child abuse alegations. That's like me getting stabbed and running to a mall cop and telling him about it. There's no chain of command for child molestation.

He was a good football coach with a fucked up moral compass. Why are you all mourning so much? Much better people have died recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    He saw it and did not report it to the police, allowing Sandusky get away with and abuse many other kids, he was very much involved.
    He didn't see anything, he heard it second hand from a scared little puss of a man, who ran and told his daddy and Joe Paterno instead of the police. You shouldn't talk out of your ass ya know.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just posted tzm and difference statement from the passing of joe paterno

Check out tmz
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/22/joe-pa.../#.TxxfQoF1CVp

Penn state website
    http://www.psu.edu/

Penn state athletic site
    http://www.gopsusports.com/

Statement from the university
    http://live.psu.edu/story/57323

Coach O'Brien release a statement
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1222047.html

Jerry sandusky release a statement
    http://www.centredaily.com/2012/01/2...-paternos.html

The family of paterno release a statement
    http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/brea...eleases_s.html

Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    Saying he went to "higher ups" is bullshit. He should have called 911 the second it happened. The president of penn state university isn't someone to go to with child abuse alegations. That's like me getting stabbed and running to a mall cop and telling him about it. There's no chain of command for child molestation.

He was a good football coach with a fucked up moral compass. Why are you all mourning so much? Much better people have died recently.
    Meh I give up Penn state really did a good job turning paterno into a scapegoat.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    How is this guy not getting banned?
    Penn State fanboy huh? If Nick Saban swept a child abuse scandal under the rug for years I wouldn't back him anymore. Funny picture though, pretty much true. JoePa cared more about football then those kids. He did about the bare minimum to do anything about it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    i reported him to the moderator

also Joe paterno stat
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Paterno

also Joe paterno 400th win.........Penn State vs Northwestern 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRTo8Dql1XE
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-01-22 at 07:34 PM.

It's gone. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    Penn State fanboy huh? If Nick Saban swept a child abuse scandal under the rug for years I wouldn't back him anymore. Funny picture though, pretty much true. JoePa cared more about football then those kids. He did about the bare minimum to do anything about it.
    He did his job penn state didn't do their's there is really no debating it, if you want to bash someone bash mcqueary he should have went to the police the second he saw the incident happen. Paterno didn't see it and you cant really go to the police with a serious allegation like this based on heresay. Now I do admit his judgement was terrible but people need to stop this he is getting more hate then the actual abuser...
    Last edited by rcking09; 2012-01-22 at 07:36 PM.