Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    so unless if you play for 10+ hours straight at least you aren't going to experience a full Event right?so lets say I am logging in and going to the swamp to kill the zombies..the zombies after attack the fortress and after ..... and then I am going to sleep or I am going for a beer..when I come back I log in and the event is over without even know what happened..so I miss the whole story..

or I log in and again I have to kill zombies in a different location without knowing how the story evolved and the zombies are in this place now..At the end it will be like
    loggin -> kill some mobs of an event you don't know how/where it started -> logout -> login tomorrow and kill some other mobs of an event you that again you don't know how/where it started -> logout

so either you are online 8-10+ hours per day and keep up with the story and how map changes and why changes or just grind mobs without reason/story. Well to avoid misunderstanding , I don't mind grinding..I played Lineage and I am playing Aion atm and if the combat is enjoyable I don't mind grind for hours :P and I have high hopes about the combat in GW2..I just have a concern that maybe Dynamic events in GW2 is not going to offer much story to casuals rather than being a "without reason" mobs killing..except if I am missing something...

from the other hand this is realism...the world continue to live and evolve...

Also lets say I am fighting in an event and suddenly I must log off before a part of the event even finished..will I get any rewards once I log back for the time I was participating? Or I must be there when the event is finished?

Again, these are some slight concerns..in no way I am saying that questing or rifts are better in any way..
    the NPCs around the DE's area can be talked to to learn the background of the event
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    the NPCs around the DE's area can be talked to to learn the background of the event
    To add to this I also seriously doubt doing a single DE chain would take 10 hours. That is a bit much. I doubt any of them except maybe a long one in Orr would take longer than 3 hours max if you want to see it from one end of the chain to the other. Sure it's just speculation, but do you seriously think it would take 10 hours to do one chain? That would be a crazy amount of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    To add to this I also seriously doubt doing a single DE chain would take 10 hours. That is a bit much. I doubt any of them except maybe a long one in Orr would take longer than 3 hours max if you want to see it from one end of the chain to the other. Sure it's just speculation, but do you seriously think it would take 10 hours to do one chain? That would be a crazy amount of content.
    I'd agree for the most part, I think even if you took the longest chain in game and took it from one end of the chain and pushed it all the way back to the other I couldn't see it exceeding 5 hours. Though that doesn't mean you're going to push events all the way to the other end because success isn't guaranteed by a long shot. I think ANet has said they're aiming for 60/40 success/failure rate for DEs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    All content in the game will always be relevant. Even after expansions and even if they were to raise the level cap it wouldn't matter because of sidekicking and scaling. Even after 2 campaigns and 1 expansion, people are still spread all throughout Tyria in GW1, it's not like everyone is only in EOTN since it's the last release. Content in Guild Wars games stays relevant and nothing becomes obsolete like other MMOs. This is even more true for GW2 than GW1.
    This is true for GW1, and I hope it will happen in GW2 too.