Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I doubt they'll ever get rid of the hidden blade. That's kinda the signature weapon of an assassin. But other tools, yes, I would love to see more.
    The Hidden Blade can't go. It's awesome and it's the iconic weapon of the series. And they've shown it still exists in the present day (mostly ceremonial, but they're still trained in it) in the comics.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Yes there will be an AC3, and it will almost guaranteed be announced at E3, that way that can have the release of the game coincide with the date of the Templar satellite launch in game. Also, willing to bet the game will take place in China, and will star an assassin that's related to Shao Jun. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Shao_Jun

AC3 will be the end of the series, but not the final game that's produced. It will wrap up the story of Desmond and the war with the Templars, but there's still plenty of room for milking the series after that without relying on the Desmond story via spinoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Death and despair of bein a newbie
    ww2 is not in 2012 haha ww2 is world war 2 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Yes there will be an AC3, and it will almost guaranteed be announced at E3, that way that can have the release of the game coincide with the date of the Templar satellite launch in game. Also, willing to bet the game will take place in China, and will star an assassin that's related to Shao Jun. http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Shao_Jun

AC3 will be the end of the series, but not the final game that's produced. It will wrap up the story of Desmond and the war with the Templars, but there's still plenty of room for milking the series after that without relying on the Desmond story via spinoffs.
    I think that Shao Jun with teach Flavia, Ezio's daughter, to be an assassin and that will be taking place in china. So the game will be about Flavia, or her child in China. Or she will teach Ezio's son too.

Well i wish this will happen, it would be cool.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-01-23 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    I heard that subscribers to the AC Newsletter got sent a poll asking them in which setting would they prefer the next AC game to be set; from the options I remember; it was something like:

Feudal Japan, Victorian England, American revolution, China (I can't remember the time period). There were a few others; but they were all I could remember.

15+ Year Old Account
    We will end up at Assasin Creed 10 if people keep paying for it.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss when AC1 came out, and they were just saying there was going to be AC1, AC2 and AC3.
    Oh I miss those days, when they didn't only care about money, but actually wanted the game.
    4 Games later, and they managed to stretch the story on.
    I hope there isn't too many 'expansions' for AC3, I just want to know what happens!
    But then they are free to make 'expansions' to recount everything, or make up a new thing story.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    We will end up at Assasin Creed 10 if people keep paying for it.
    Undoubtedly. AC3 will still be the last game in the series chronologically though. They will milk the franchise, that's been obvious from the start. They will not milk the Desmond story though, which will be finished with AC3.

Deleted
    Well yeah judging by Assassin's Creed Embers its most likely going to have an oriental theme and will probably deal with the Mongolian invasion/empire, would be awesome to have a a few run ins with Genghis Khan himself.. the franchise has always had the presence of big names from the past e.g Richard the Lionheart (AC1) The Borgias (AC2 etc) and it will most likely be the case in the next game.

As for playing as a girl? .. Meh seems a bit lackluster, may sound a bit sexist.. but when you think of Assassin's creed you think of a slick killing machine guy, no?

Asia would be amazing as a location. We've seen Europe in the Crusades, we've seen Renaissance Italy, we've seen Ottoman ruled Constantinople...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline21 View Post
    As for playing as a girl? .. Meh seems a bit lackluster, may sound a bit sexist.. but when you think of Assassin's creed you think of a slick killing machine guy, no?
    I'm currently thinking of a spoiled ladies man from a rich family.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-01-23 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    If it's going to be Asia; I'd prefer Feudal Japan. Would be such an awesome culture to see if they do it right. Plus you've got the whole Ninja thing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline21 View Post
    Well yeah judging by Assassin's Creed Embers its most likely going to have an oriental theme and will probably deal with the Mongolian invasion/empire, would be awesome to have a a few run ins with Genghis Khan himself.. the franchise has always had the presence of big names from the past e.g Richard the Lionheart (AC1) The Borgias (AC2 etc) and it will most likely be the case in the next game.

I'd be okay with a female protagonist as long as it's not a terrible stereotype of a character. And honestly, I think the dev team is mature enough to avoid the common pitfalls of female main characters, such as over-sexualizing them, or making them whiny, etc. Assassin's Creed is a very serious series and it demands serious characters. Yes there's room for occasional humor like Ezio being a bit of a shameless flirt, but overall it's a fairly grim/serious story.

And really, there's nothing inherently wrong with a female main character. A woman can be just as badass, as long as they're the proper species and have the sixth sense. Remember, it's not gender, or training, or upbringing, or experience that makes Ezio powerful, it's inherited.

I predict 1920s gangster for the Assassin.

1700-1800s Japan wouldn't be bad though.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-01-23 at 07:20 PM.