Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hurry up February so we can at least (fingers crossed) get some new juicy info, screenshots, videos.. drooooool, as for the release, we have waited a long time, what's another 5 months......... torture!! HAHAHA.

All aboard the Hype train Woo Woooo

Quote Originally Posted by jac_Arcanis View Post
    I'm pretty sure they released SWTOR mere weeks after the last phase of Beta testing. Why on earth would they hold out until December if the game is finished now?
    I'm going to say May hopefully, June probably, later, unfortunately.

Been waiting since 2007, I can manage a bit more I guess.
    Except SWTOR was released too early and is still unfinished, imo. And by what ArenaNet keeps saying, they don't want to release an unfinished game.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Except SWTOR was released too early and is still unfinished, imo. And by what ArenaNet keeps saying, they don't want to release an unfinished game.
    Then this will depend on the Beta testers. If they actually report bugs and such then things would hopefully get fixed promptly.
    Still wont be December.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jac_Arcanis View Post
    I'm pretty sure they released SWTOR mere weeks after the last phase of Beta testing. Why on earth would they hold out until December if the game is finished now?
    I'm going to say May hopefully, June probably, later, unfortunately.

Been waiting since 2007, I can manage a bit more I guess.
    Well, considering D3 has been in beta for many months now, and was recently postponed for some additional design work to be done... I know it's not the same studio, but ANet is equally perfectionist.

nice, youtube will get my laptop killed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Well, considering D3 has been in beta for many months now, and was recently postponed for some additional design work to be done...
    Call me a conspiracy theorist, but it wouldn't surprise me to see D3's release share something in common with this thread...

10+ Year Old Account
    Expecting Q3 or Q4 release. After Beta testing I'd expect them to polish the game and work out the remaining bugs and just in general put the finishing touches on the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very cool, can't wait to finally play my Charr Ranger and meet all my guildies in game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    Doesn't even sound like open beta for March and April. He said many of you not all of you.

But yeah unfortunately that sounds like we won't see release until like late summer...maybe. Meh...
    Open beta doesnt mean everyone is able to take part. Could be some restrictions like most games open beta tests.

Deleted
    I still say April 28 birthday of prophecies. It would actually be a little sad if they miss it looking at how close they are too it.
    "We recently finished our first closed beta test, and we’re now ready to hold progressively larger events. In February we’ll invite select press to participate in beta testing, and in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate. And of course, this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year."
    Looking at what arenanet's philosophy is on Beta testing i think its fair to say that "in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate" means open beta. At witch point the game in their eyes is about a finished as they want to get it before release so that would be imminent shortly after. Now say the last open beta is somewhere in the first week of april, then april 28 is not that unthinkable in my opinion.
    I know its a long shot but i'm still aiming for it.

There might be quite a lot of bugs discovered when more players join, if they want a perfect release they'll have to work on them and that might take months.

Thinking April 28th is very very very optimistic.

I'm going to predict it's not going to be released before September 1st. You can hold onto this post and prove me wrong if it is released earlier
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why you all assume every beta test in the industry is the same. This could just be a stress test for all we know. Expect a summer release.

Returning home after 5 hour exam and what do i see - RELEASE announcement Made my day

YES!!! So March and April i may get an opportunity. No Release date but we get a release year. Im guessing it will be this summer, and i cant wait =p

Quote Originally Posted by v2nkata View Post
    Returning home after 5 hour exam and what do i see - RELEASE announcement Made my day
    They only said that press beta comes february, then open in mach and april. and release sometime after that.
    How is that release announcement?

Deleted
    Ehhh still long time to wait... I was thinking about April as furthest realese date...

Also... does anyone remember fanday t-shirts date?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajesto View Post
    They only said that press beta comes february, then open in mach and april. and release sometime after that.
    How is that release announcement?
    It says Guild Wars 2 will release later this year. Thus a release announcement.

"In February we’ll invite select press to participate in beta testing, and in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate. And of course, this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year."

10+ Year Old Account
    The major issue with this statement (and I realize many of you won't see it as such, but it is) is that he is giving firm dates for their beta phases. This means can mean two things; the game is pretty much as far along as they want it to be for release (content-wise), and they have taken care of most of the major issues they intend to troubleshoot.

It is *very* bad to give beta phase timelines because what do you do if a press invitee discovers a hugely game breaking bug one week before public beta? You have to stop the whole process and you then have 'fans' calling for your blood.

The life of a developer that gives timelines... I don't envy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

So I have to get a new PC before May? Awesomes, got a little longer to save up!
    RETH

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sat after no sleep violently ill all night. Feeling like utter shit and i read this post! Feeling better already <3