Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I think people don't realize how polished GW2 was even a year ago. Of course they are still adding more stuff like extra skills, dungeons etc, but the core system is almost perfect. This is a very important thing because more stable and robust your engine is, adding new content becomes easy and the speed is only limited by your artists/level designers and not coders who have to patch everything together. It means their developer tools are rock solid.

Yeah.. sometimes I think I'm more in love with Anet than GW2 ;P. It's just as a developer I love to observe things coming to live and Anet is doing it with a style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sindacairion View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/sgl3I.jpg
    anyone seen this before?
    28/6/12 is a European date though, whereas Anet are American, they also told us that people were just looking too much into that picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    SNIP
    Actually on one of their recent blogs, like pre-2012, don't ass me to find a link, they said there will be closed beta then shorty after press beta, then shortly after open beta, then shortly after release. no lies go find the blog.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What a great way to start my Monday!!!!! Where's my fuckyeah.jpeg when I need it?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Quote Originally Posted by sindacairion View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/sgl3i.jpg
    anyone seen this before?
    mind f*cking blown!

Quote Originally Posted by repefe View Post
    it's wow champion, not mmo champion that's why. Anyway ... Nice to see beta announcement already ... My bet is on christmas release however.

by god, a company is leaning towards the majority!!!

Fire all the cannons!!!

Deleted
    This is just a little something that caught my attention when reading the blog post. They said that in February, they will invite select press to participate in the beta. Do you think that they'll be able to report about this or that they are just chosen because the guys who will play know something about games(because they write reviews and all) and are qualified enough to do some final testing? If they can tell us about what they did/saw in the beta, february could become very interesting.

I think they'll still be locked to the NDA until the real open beta starts though. What do you guys think?

The sooner we know the GW2 release date, the sooner we know the D3 release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalgo View Post
    The sooner we know the GW2 release date, the sooner we know the D3 release date.
    It will be interesting to see how blizzard reacts to this, either D3 release although i don't see how that could counter it or a rushed 4.4 or MoP

Select press eh? /runs off to start video-game reviewing website....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Just looked up the date and it's actually a Thursday! Hmmm that really makes me think now. Release for games in Germany is always on Thursdays.

Deleted
    also arenanet does a lot of updates on thursdays

10+ Year Old Account
    This is huuuge! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    by eric flannum on guru :

Those jersey's are actually a tradition we've had in our design department where if a member of our design team who had been there for a while leaves, we'd hang a "retired" jersey on the wall for them. They used to be really crude t-shirts with names and numbers drawn on in pen but when our soccer team had cooler jerseys made we decided to order some for them. The number is their last work day. Sorry to ruin any fun conspiracy theories but any relation between those numbers and any kind of date is entirely coincidental at best.
    I love bursting bubbles
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

"And of course, this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year."

This is what I was waiting to hear.Can't wait :-)
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

At least something we know for sure.
    It's coming out in 2012!!!1one
    Now seriously. My bet is on April. No, not April 1st, but April

I'm actually surprised that they're already finished their first closed beta test. February/March/April are going to be exciting months, and perhaps we can hope for a summer release.

At the very least, we know it's 2012, and that's great news on its own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    by eric flannum on guru :
    I dug around and found proof

http://i.imgur.com/oq789.jpg

Personally, I'd wait until September, october, even December. I don't want to play in Beta, I want to see the finished product when It's done. :-D
    Hi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I dug around and found proof

http://i.imgur.com/oq789.jpg
    Mif... You keep on impressing me with your skills of digging in GW2 information. This is just... amazing how you can find information like this Keep up the good job!