Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    if any one should deserve the pwoer to control internet that one should be me

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anonymous is going to be really really mad here, Something big is going about to happen. It's a domino effect now jeez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YoggZaron View Post
    I bet you're mad because you're American. Accept the reality bro, its America who starts all this bullshit. It's like they are trying to create this whole New World Order
    You definatly show alot of intelligence in your post, shows how little you know about the subject, and your reply shows how much of a blabbering child you are.

I bet you're mad because you're American. Accept the reality bro, its America who starts all this bullshit. It's like they are trying to create this whole New World Order

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    they should have issued megaupload a warning telling them to remove pirate stuff and if they did not it would be shut down. would have also given users time to get their files they needed off it and what ever, just going in there and shutting it down is such a heavy handed approach
    I agree that it was the people using the service for legitimate reasons that are actually getting screwed here, but on the flip side, that would have allowed all of the other content that was not legitimate to be taken down, too, which would have eliminated their chance for prosectution. Sucks for the users, but it served the government's purpose, so it's not really surprising.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to move to filepost!
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

So, if I bought a copyrighted DVD, made 50 physical copies of it, and used mail or delivery company to send it to some guys, does it mean that mailing and delivery companies should be closed, by the same logic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Anonymous is going to be really really mad here, Something big is going about to happen. It's a domino effect now jeez.
    Anon needs to do more than just DDOS sites, that inconveniences them for a few hours while they keep it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, anonymous is going to do something which will be even worse, iv been saying on other boards..

If this keeps up and anonymous keeps staying this aggressive, something way worse than SOPA ever could of been can be passed as a state of emergency action without vote and there's nothing anyone can do about it, all anonymous is doing is screwing everybody over even more.

Die Hard 4 from Anonymous? Anyone?
    MegaUpload: What Made It a Rogue Site Worthy of Destruction?
    http://torrentfreak.com/megaupload-w...uction-120120/

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Yeah, anonymous is going to do something which will be even worse, iv been saying on other boards..

If this keeps up and anonymous keeps staying this aggressive, something way worse than SOPA ever could of been can be passed as a state of emergency action without vote and there's nothing anyone can do about it, all anonymous is doing is screwing everybody over even more.
    So what do you suggest? People just accept that their rights are being stripped away slowly? Slow or fast doesn't matter. It will happen either way.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    this country is coming to a militaristic and police state. we are like sheep to the elitist families that control everything and right now they dont have as much control. they will teighten the reins and make like shit for us and we just suffer and take it.

Normally, I am completely against Anonymous and other "hacktivist" groups. I tend to think that they bring nothing but a bad name for those who have actual arguments for whatever different issues, and far too many people put them on a pedestal that they don't belong on. However, if shit like this keeps happening... If governments keep trying to shut down and control the internet... sending these guys in is the online equivalent of a mercenary company's black ops division.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    So, if I bought a copyrighted DVD, made 50 physical copies of it, and used mail or delivery company to send it to some guys, does it mean that mailing and delivery companies should be closed, by the same logic?
    According to SOPA? yes.
    By common sence? Ofcourse not.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    They are closing the mail companies.. USPS will be gone in a few years.. they are making it so they have control to read ALL mail and by eliminating the unknown or the mail they cant see by bankrupting the USPS then the government will be able to see everything and do what they like with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoulz View Post
    So what do you suggest? People just accept that their rights are being stripped away slowly? Slow or fast doesn't matter. It will happen either way.
    No i suggest different actions than what anonymous is currently doing, read my other posts, there is something way worse than anything we have ever seen coming if this continues.

I think its bullshit honestly...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    No i suggest different actions than what anonymous is currently doing, read my other posts, there is something way worse than anything we have ever seen coming if this continues.

As i said, DDOSing sites is all anon seems to do, and its not really that effective. it takes down a site for a few hours, doesnt have that much of an impact. they need to do something else to show these corporations that they cannot control the internet

Pretty much now we have to depend on torrent. Next thing I bet they would try to take down torrent if they can. Piratebay is blocked to my country but they forgot to block ninjacloak lol. I never got so mad at a government before. I swear iI hate American government more than Rebecca Black's friday
    Hey now, no need to bring my girlfriend in this. I hope anonymous owns the fuck outta these sopa <mod snip>.

<Infracted> Don't use derogatory and inflammatory language on the forums.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-01-23 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    As i said, DDOSing sites is all anon seems to do, and its not really that effective. it takes down a site for a few hours, doesnt have that much of an impact. they need to do something else to show these corporations that they cannot control the internet
    Exactly, DDos is not an effective way to send a message to these old farts who supports these bills. I bet some big companies should be beaten up a bit hard so they would wake from the coma the're in.