Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

First Megaupload now Filesonic

What on earth is going on guys? Filesonic has taken down its files sharing capabilities. I renewed my premium account just yesterday and right now i'm mad as Bill O'Reilly. Would you guys think they would refund my money? After all they took it down without warning

10+ Year Old Account
    this is becoming so fucking retarded.

Not only Filesonic, but Fileserve either..

This is going to get ugly soon

Deleted
    ok , this is first time i lose time to login and reply to a post ever in a mmo forum.
    first megaupload now filesonic , after ( NOW , ye it is hapening now!) every other known fileshost site is being updated/closed. some of them gona close the others will have a system to avoid pyraci.
    also the websites from where i download naruto one piece etc.. are being closed or restricting foreign countries .
    next step is trackdown torrents »( and i dnt know how to say this in english)« and many users of torrents are going to get problems with law
    next every private servers will be closed

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 02:31 PM ----------

how is possible such thing is not on newspaer nor in tv ,, all websites against this should close till they stop this shit

I have the feeling that we are coming to a turning point. All that SOPA/PIPA stuff, sharing websites getting shutdown... I have no idea where this will lead, but there will probably be a before and after 2012 as far as Internet is concerned.

Pretty much now we have to depend on torrent. Next thing I bet they would try to take down torrent if they can. Piratebay is blocked to my country but they forgot to block ninjacloak lol. I never got so mad at a government before. I swear iI hate American government more than Rebecca Black's friday

It's like they are going ahead anyway even though SOPA/PIPA was taken down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YoggZaron View Post
    Pretty much now we have to depend on torrent. Next thing I bet they would try to take down torrent if they can. Piratebay is blocked to my country but they forgot to block ninjacloak lol. I never got so mad at a government before. I swear iI hate American government more than Rebecca Black's friday
    Sigh.. it's not just the American government., it's pretty much every government in the world working together, if you go to the fed site for the original megaupload take down which i think anonymous took down, it says all the agencies that were involved which is literally the whole world, even the Netherlands even though they are a neutral country, do some research before your speak nonsense.

If this keeps up it might end up with lots of companies blocking all US visitors.

Question: if these companies can get taken down because users uploaded and shared copyrighted material...could this not happen with forums too? If users are sharing links to copyrighted material could the forum providers not get shut down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rebecca Black is something that the Internet made famous, without the internet she would still be some nobdoy in the street. however it seems wierd that all this shit is happening while SOPA isn't even in yet. its like trying to piss people off before the blow is struck, logically they would do this AFTER.

something fishy is going here and i don't like it...

Deleted
    VPN is our savior

I have no problems with this. SOPA didn't pass because it was meant to weed out piracy but restricted free speech in the wording of the bill. So now they are just shutting down known pirating websites while leaving the rest of the internet as it. If you use these websites for legitimate means, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'm sure there will be some site out there that either quickly changes and eliminates piracy themselves or one will go up after the fact that does that. If you are a pirate, you should have known this would happen sooner rather than later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoulz View Post
    It's like they are going ahead anyway even though SOPA/PIPA was taken down.
    SOPA and PIPA was merly a justification to do what they want to do, so people would not cry as much. They could do it all along, with or without the acts, as they show now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    If this keeps up it might end up with lots of companies blocking all US visitors.

Question: if these companies can get taken down because users uploaded and shared copyrighted material...could this not happen with forums too? If users are sharing links to copyrighted material could the forum providers not get shut down?

probably yes.
    and blocking US from the sites might be a solution, but maybe not, the best thing to do would be to move all your hosting away from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Rebecca Black is something that the Internet made famous, without the internet she would still be some nobdoy in the street. however it seems wierd that all this shit is happening while SOPA isn't even in yet. its like trying to piss people off before the blow is struck, logically they would do this AFTER.

something fishy is going here and i don't like it...
    It's sounding more like someone called "FIRE", and just to be safe, people are spraying down one another with an extinguisher. I can understand Megaupload's issue, since they're having actual legal problems at the moment... but if anyone else who isn't currently being arrested is doing this... it's either preparation or panic.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Deleted
    no 1 have to hate rebecabalck now ,, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi00ykRg_5c
    be happy

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Sigh.. it's not just the American government., it's pretty much every government in the world working together, if you go to the fed site for the original megaupload take down which i think anonymous took down, it says all the agencies that were involved which is literally the whole world, even the Netherlands even though they are a neutral country, do some research before your speak nonsense.
    I bet you're mad because you're American. Accept the reality bro, its America who starts all this bullshit. It's like they are trying to create this whole New World Order

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post

http://youtu.be/N8Xg_C2YmG0

This isn't anything fishy. This is the little guys seeing that the big guy was taken down and not wanting to be prosecuted in the same way. They're simply covering their collective asses because they're realizing that they could be next.

Regardless of the side of the issue anyone falls on, most people don't have the resources or desire to go head-to-head with government or corporate prosecutors and come out ahead, especially if they've had their hand in illegal file sharing for quite some time. The torrents are still out there, though, so this just means that the most casual file-sharing folks will either stop or becoming more educated and figure out how to get stuff elsewhere.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by procyan View Post
    I have no problems with this. SOPA didn't pass because it was meant to weed out piracy but restricted free speech in the wording of the bill. So now they are just shutting down known pirating websites while leaving the rest of the internet as it. If you use these websites for legitimate means, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'm sure there will be some site out there that either quickly changes and eliminates piracy themselves or one will go up after the fact that does that. If you are a pirate, you should have known this would happen sooner rather than later.

they should have issued megaupload a warning telling them to remove pirate stuff and if they did not it would be shut down. would have also given users time to get their files they needed off it and what ever, just going in there and shutting it down is such a heavy handed approach

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 02:43 PM ----------

I bet you're mad because you're American. Accept the reality bro, its America who starts all this bullshit. It's like they are trying to create this whole New World Order

the main reason is all the big corporations that back this are US companies.