Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 4.3.2 Going Live This Week

Patch 4.3.2 Going Live This Week
    The information isn't official yet but assuming everything goes as planned, Patch 4.3.2 should be going live this week. This patch is bringing us Cross Realm raids for older content with RealID friends, a few item tweaks and new items, a few new achievements, and a reduced game client install size. It also brought testing of the 64-bit client which didn't appear to have widespread or major bugs, however I'm not really sure if it will be available on the live realms.

As usual there's a slight chance (1%) that the patch will be postponed if something terrible happens, but as far as I know, we're good to go this week.

Cross Realm Raids
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We previously introduced the ability to form cross-realm parties with Real ID friends, and now with Patch 4.3.2, we're adding the ability for players to use that same functionality to form raids to run older normal or heroic raids, or participate in Battlegrounds!

This will allow you to join up with your Real ID friends from other realms and:
    • Form a cross-realm raid and use Raid Finder
    • Jump in to any classic dungeon or raid and be automatically placed in the same instance
    • Join forces and dominate the Battlegrounds

Please note, you will not yet be able to run normal or Heroic Dragon Soul with cross-realm Real ID raids.

As we look forward to the BattleTag system, it’s a very exciting time for World of Warcraft. No matter what realm you and your friends are on you’ll be able to team up and take on group content throughout the game.

4.3.2 PTR and New File Optimization Tech
    With the 4.3.2 patch we’ll be testing some new file optimization tech. As you may be aware, with previous major expansion patches (2.0, 3.0, 4.0, etc.) we’ve carried out a time-consuming process to reorganize the game files currently installed on your hard drive to integrate all previous patch files, essentially ‘cleaning up’ what’s on your computer and reducing the full installation size. This process used to require an amount of free hard drive space double that of the entire installation size to complete, which is why we’ve reserved them for large expansion-sized patches.

The new tech we’re testing with the 4.3.2 PTR will process these cleanups with no additional hard drive space required beyond what the patch is adding. Because of that you may see them appear more frequently with patches.

While the cleanup is occurring you’ll see a specific message on the launcher informing you the process is currently taking place. If you encounter any issues with the new process please be sure to visit our support site at http://www.battle.net/support/

Items
    Vial of Shadows had the proc damage cut in third and proc frequency tripled to reduce burst in PvP.

Many of the original level 60 ranked PvP gear items have had Replica added to the start of their name, making their name identical to the versions being sold in Area 52, for example the Replica High Warlord's Cleaver. However, they still retain their higher item level and stats.

Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps had its proc time increased to 12 seconds from 10 seconds. This change was made to all three versions of the item.

The three new items added in Patch 4.3.2 are found on the TCG Loot vendor in Booty Bay. They are part of the Timewalkers: War of the Ancients expansion. (Feldrake, Eye of the Legion, and Demon Hunter's Aspect)

Client Strings Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • ERR_PARENTAL_CONTROLS_DISCONNECT_WARNING = "You will be disconnected due to parental controls in %d |4minute:minutes;.";
    • ERR_PARENTAL_CONTROLS_DISCONNECT_WARNING_SOON = "You will be disconnected due to parental controls in less than 1 minute.";
    • TIME_PLAYED_ALERT = "You have been playing for %s. Excessive gameplay can cause inconvenience in your daily life.";

Achievements Changes
    Dungeons & Raids

Player vs. Player

Feats of Strength

Spell Changes
    General
    Mounts
    • Feldrake Summons and dismisses a rideable feldrake. This is a flying mount. 1.5 sec cast

Companion Pets

Classes: General
    Druid (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Tier 13

Hunter (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Beast Mastery

Survival
    • Deterrence now also reduces all damage taken by 30% while active.
    • Black Arrow now ticks every 2 secs instead of every 3 secs. Damage is now spread over 20 secs, up from 15 secs.
    • Lock and Load no longer affects Arcane Shots.

Marksmanship
    • Bombardment now lasts 5 secs instead of affecting your next multi shot only.

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Fire

Paladin (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Tier 13

Encounter
    10 Man
    • Sludge Spew: Inflicts 29250 43875 to 30750 46125 Shadow damage to an enemy.
    • Stomp: Splits 750000 damage between all targets within 25 yards. Morchok's current target and their The two targets closest ally will to Morchok take a double portion of the damage.
    • Void Diffusion: Deals 180000 Shadow damage split evenly between units. In LFR mode, the base this damage dealt is 50,000. does not split.

10 Man Heroic
    • Stomp: Splits 750000 damage between all targets within 25 yards. Morchok's current target and their The two targets closest ally will to Morchok take a double portion of the damage.
    • Void Diffusion: Deals 269100 Shadow damage split evenly between units. In LFR mode, the base this damage dealt is 50,000. does not split.

25 Man
    • Sludge Spew: Inflicts 43875 82875 to 46125 87125 Shadow damage to an enemy.
    • Stomp: Splits 2300000 to 2700000 damage between all targets within 25 yards. Morchok's current target and their The two targets closest ally will to Morchok take a double portion of the damage.
    • Void Diffusion: Deals 540000 Shadow damage split evenly between units. In LFR mode, the base this damage dealt is 50,000. does not split.

25 Man Heroic
    • Stomp: Splits 2000000 damage between all targets within 25 yards. Morchok's current target and their The two targets closest ally will to Morchok take a double portion of the damage.
    • Void Diffusion: Deals 807300 Shadow damage split evenly between units. In LFR mode, the base this damage dealt is 50,000. does not split.

Items
    • Vial of Shadows: Your melee and ranged attacks have a chance to trigger an additional attack for 4028 12084 to 6042 18127 physical damage.
    • Vial of Shadows: Your melee and ranged attacks have a chance to trigger an additional attack for 3568 10706 to 5353 16059 physical damage.
    • Vial of Shadows: Your melee and ranged attacks have a chance to trigger an additional attack for 4546 13640 to 6819 20461 physical damage.

Official Patch 4.3.2 Notes
    Classes: General
    • Vengeance is no longer triggered by receiving damage from other players.

Druid (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • The Tier 13 Balance Druid 4-piece bonus now also increases the damage of Starsurge by 10%, in addition to its current effect.

Hunter (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Aspect of the Hawk now grants roughly 35% more attack power.
    • Deterrence now also reduces damage taken by 30% while active.
    • Black Arrow now ticks every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, as opposed to every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. The total damage dealt by the ability is unchanged.
    • Lock and Load no longer benefits Arcane Shot, nor is it consumed by Arcane Shot.

Mage (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Fireball damage has been reduced by roughly 6%.
    • Pyroblast damage has been reduced by roughly 6%.

Paladin (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Holy Radiance now costs 40% of base mana, up from 35%.

Priest (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Mass Dispel should again prefer dispelling targets that have magic effects that can be dispelled.

Rogue (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
    • Adrenaline Rush no longer triggers a global cooldown.

Dungeons & Raids
    • You can now form same-faction raids with Real ID friends, allowing you to enter Raid Finder in groups larger than 5, run older normal or heroic raids, or participate in Battlegrounds. You will not yet be able to run normal or heroic Dragon Soul with cross-realm raids of Real ID friends.
    • Several typo fixes and clarified descriptions have been added to the Dungeon Journal entries for Dragon Soul.
    • Players can no longer win multiple copies of the same item on a single Raid Finder boss kill. For example, a player who chooses Need on two set piece tokens or two weapons and wins the first, will not be eligible for the second on that particular boss.

Baradin Hold
    • The roaming Eyes of Occu'thar have been replaced by hateful creatures who serve Alizabal.

Dragon Soul
    • Warmaster Blackhorn
      • The visual warning for Twilight Elites' Blade Rush should be easier to see.

Items
    • Vial of Shadows damage (Lightning Strike) has been reduced to approximately one-third of previous damage. However, it will now trigger approximately 3 times as often. This is intended to keep overall DPS the same while reducing burst damage, especially in PvP.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2012-01-23 at 11:52 PM.

32-bit is so 2000's, give me 64 bits!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    wooot! Sounds good!

Deleted
    Nice. Looking forward to the cross realm raids with my real ID friends :3

Anyone have any idea if they fixed Will of Unbinding not proccing from dot dmg?

lol, no changes to heroic spine and no 64bit client. fuck you.

Hopeful that the 64-bit client makes it, it is the big thing in this patch that I was looking forward to!

Been waiting for them hunter changes, woot!

Deleted
    WoW is dieing, and MoP is it's final end. Im rolling swtor

10+ Year Old Account
    Very cool. Only thing I don't understand is

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The roaming Eyes of Occu'thar have been replaced by hateful creatures who serve Alizabal.
    What's the point of this? Not like people kill Occu'thar anymore...

64bit client, nao plox QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps had its proc time increased to 12 seconds from 10 seconds. This change was made to all three versions of the item.
    Wrong. It's a tooltip fix. It has always been 12 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by sinist3r View Post
    WoW is dieing, and MoP is it's final end. Im rolling swtor
    and you're still here complaining, get over it and go play your precious game

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post

The roaming Eyes of Occu'thar have been replaced by hateful creatures who serve Alizabal.
    not 100% sure, but i think its the trash, no point in having trash that belong to another boss

yes. 64 bit client will be nice. i kinda doubt it will be out, but maybe. Its kinda like d3. You can wake up every morning and hope its being released, but you better get back in bed for a month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    and you're still here complaining, get over it and go play your precious game
    nah bro, im just so fkn bored trying to learn to my exames that i even found my self here, you know that feeling

Deleted
    Finally, I'll be able to properly use keybinds on Mac again... that bug should've never made it live.

I'm assuming it means rather than the pack of eyes on the way to the new boss we'll get a new mob more fitting.

10+ Year Old Account

The ROAMING eyes have been replaced. Not the ones that come from the boss.
    My Main is Melithiria (90 Lock)

The Left-Hand Path is the brightest path I have ever walked upon.

Any word on if you have to do a full reinstall for the x64 client? or will it just replace the files that need to be?