Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Epic Bounty Hunter pvp video

pretty solid quickslot setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUUWIgm5ssE

I see what you did there.
    Not funny, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is... that is a pretty accurate representation of mercs!

For the record, I am a Merc. Its a little OP, considering my Tracers with 2pc have over a 50% crit chance and hit for 3400 crits. When I use my adrenal, its about 4700ish a crit. Its a bit stupid.

Tracers need to be nerfed a tad bit, but if that happens we need Rail Shot buffed a bit too since its about subpar at max level.

At first i was like , then i realised most of the opponents were sub lvl 50.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Sad, but true
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    In my opinion it's better to have tracer missile in multiple slots, so you don't have to be so accurate with your mouse when you move your cursor to quick bar. Makes clicking so much more effective.

Now that takes some serious skill /sarcasm
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

In PVP they're incredibly easy to shut down with LOS and interrupts. As an assault specced commando I just run around pillars setting them on fire and tossing assault plastiques while they're unable to fire off a single tracer.

This is the unfortunate side effect of Bioware putting absolutely every buff and debuff critical to the spec into grav round/tracer missile. If you don't spam it your other attacks suck.

Heh, and Operatives/Scoundrels are the ones getting nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Heh, and Operatives/Scoundrels are the ones getting nerfed.
    Only ones who could survive Op/sc were healers. Everyone can survive Arsenal(Mercenary).

Not actually sure if you were serious though..
    Last edited by Algore; 2012-01-24 at 11:17 AM.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Only ones who could survive Op/sc were healers. Everyone can survive Arsenal(Mercenary).

Not actually survive if you were serious though..
    Well I do have a Merc BH. It is so freaking easy to play. Operative burst was a little much but outside of that their dps is pretty poor. While this fix is probably good for pvp, I imagine pve is going to be a bit rougher. I do know that on my operative the leveling in pve was my least favorite of all the classes I played (some due to the damge but most of that was due to the clunky mechanics of the operative itself).

Anyway, I fully expect a sorcerer and bounty hunter nerf upcoming as well.

Everyone who set even foot into a warzone knew this. BH are just spamming Tracer Missle till the cows come how, and Commando's only seem to have Grav Round bound to every quickslot. And the worst part is they do pretty damn fine for such simple gameplay. Guess its the new Arcane Mage :P Only, in plate and hard to kill.

Bioware has to strongly reconsider the rotation of those specs. How can that even be fun?

Deleted
    Tbh, I use almost all my abilities with my BH. There are excellent instant hits I can do while running. Ofcourse the rocketspam is nice, but a good BH won't use this alone.
    On top of this, this BH was very well geared, and it was pre-patch cuz he is killing lvl16 opponents. So this is kinda gg, but fun movie.

Deleted
    It's like Arcane specced mages. It's not that bad but as Gerion said you want get to have much of mobility vs a kiting opponent. Still, tracer missiles hit like a truck when they are stacked

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Everyone who set even foot into a warzone knew this. BH are just spamming Tracer Missle till the cows come how, and Commando's only seem to have Grav Round bound to every quickslot. And the worst part is they do pretty damn fine for such simple gameplay. Guess its the new Arcane Mage :P Only, in plate and hard to kill.

Bioware has to strongly reconsider the rotation of those specs. How can that even be fun?
    Dude, do you even know what you are talking about? Arsenal DOES NOT ONLY use tracer missile at all, perhaps you should consider reading the tooltips within it's talent tree.

Only newbs would spam tracer missile as you can interuppt it, a good Arsenal player makes use of more than one spell; Railshot, Unload, Explosive Dart etc.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    Dude, do you even know what you are talking about? Arsenal DOES NOT ONLY use tracer missile at all, perhaps you should consider reading the tooltips within it's talent tree.

Only newbs would spam tracer missile as you can interuppt it, a good Arsenal player makes use of more than one spell; Railshot, Unload, Explosive Dart etc.
    Ow i can smell the mad on you from miles away.

Fact is, good or bad, Arsenal BH use Tracer Missle alot. And theyd still be doing pretty solid if it was all they used, altough i never once did i say its the only thing they use.
    But thats probably you being upset over people mocking the spec you probably play yourself and classing it as easy. Well, it is. Get over it. And i am fully aware of the Arsenal spec with the Heat signature buffing Heatseeker missle and allowing Railshot to be used and all that fancy stuff.

When i see a BH in a warzone odds are his next move is Tracer Missle... and the next... and the next. And ow, lookie, a Heat Seeker missle to benefit from the buffed damage. And here comes another Tracer Missle, right on time. Ow god, he has to move out of an AoE so he should be, ow yah there it is... the Rail Shot. But he's standing still again so well be seeing the next Tracer Missle anytime now.

Lol I like the Arcane mage comparison. Only if mages had full plate armor and self heals. For the record that isn't me I play gunslinger.

and just like arcane mages, if they aren't focused and are allowed to free-cast they do damage, but if anyone with half a fucking brain goes up against someone just trying to spam tracer they will rape them.

Notice NONE of the people he versed even interupted/stunned him, and they just stood still in his face trying to kill him while he had guard/healers.

Of fucking course hes going to hurt people.

people on these forums... one of these days forum, one of these days.

POW straight to the moon.

also this was done pre-1-49/50 bracket.

in Expertise heavy gear, vs mostly fresh 50s/sub 49's.

herp durp.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Hey guys,

That video is actually me. The video was just for fun. I met a republic in Ilum I PvP'ed against a lot and he asked me if I had Tracer Missile keybound to WSAD, which made me want to make that video.

There is kind of a problem though, I only have a about 180 Expertise at Valor rank 44 (Non-Ilum farming, and champ bags hate me). But the 2 piece PvE bonus is way too unbalanced for PvP. It makes actually casting anything but Tracer Missile not worth it. Of course when you are locked out of it you do have a huge arsenal of other skills to use. It is just boring to PvP on a BH because sadly the best thing is to sit in the background and faceroll people. Yes, you can say people need to L2p, but come on, we all know probably 75% of people you see in a warzone are just lolbad.

2 piece set bonus adds 15% crit to Tracer Missile putting you at ~50% crit. Crits vent heat. So basically Tracer Missile spam keeps your heat down. I can only imagine someone with all PvP gear + 2 piece bonus, it would literally be a faceroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Arsenal when I feel like DPSing, this is...kind of accurate. However, I'm ridiculously surprised that no one interrupted him. If I tried that I'd be interrupted and would then have to go through my list of abilities to get away. Jet Boost em away, and then use some instants like Railshot, Quick Shots, Explosive Darts, and Heatseeker Missiles while I try and make more distance.

And this is assuming there aren't 2-4 others trying to attack me or someone near me (like my healers)
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”