Poll: Will Visa Reform Bring You to Visit the US?

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Nope never wanted to and propably never will want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    Yeah US medical care would scare me too, plus I don't know shit about insurance and that kind of stuff.
    haha yes i'm sure to the EU our medical system looks pretty confusing.

Yes I will. I most likely got an internship there after the summer holidays, and if that doesn't work out I got a few colleges that I applied for.

Quote Originally Posted by cpy View Post
    Slovakia is the word! I told you, nobody knows this country!
    Not true, I remember when it still was Czechoslovakia :P
    And I would love to visit it, so far in eastern Europe I've only been in Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Deleted
    What? I dont think its hard to visit the US as it is now (or were) I went just a month ago, and i visited 4ish years ago as well.
    Fill out a form, if you dont, they hand it out to you on the airplane, pay a small fee. Done.

Depends on what country youre from if they are going to be strict, (no racism really? ya rly)
    If youre from Sweden, like me. They arent so anal, I filled out i had food in my bags, they didnt even check or ask.

Once i freaked out for whatever reason and acted supper nervous and stressed, he just asked me 3 more random questions and let me through.
    But yah, filling out the form, just dont say youre terrorist and eat american children, and youre good.

Not a big problem going there for me I don't even have to apply for a Visa if I don't want to stay more than 3 months. Had a great time in the U.S and even though I wouldn't want to live there (unless I'm rich someday maybe) it's not as bad as most people told me although I heard it really depends on where you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Yes, there are quite a few places in the US that I'd like to see.
    As far as I know, it's not particularly difficult for EU nationals to get tourist visas at the moment, so not sure how much of an impact the changes would have on me - but I already want to visit, so making it easier is just icing on the cake, as it were.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    I am ½ American, ½ Danish. Live in Denmark. I love to visit family in Texas, California and New Mexico. Contrary to what most people believe, Americans are actually some of the friendliest and most hospitable people around unless they are diehard republicans, in wich case they are morons.

I want to the US, but my parents thinks it's too far away, though, if I will work with what I want (cruise sea captain) I will most likely live in the US, you will not get away from me!

I went to the USA for 5 weeks at the end of 2010 (Nov/Dec) and it was such a blast I can't wait to go back (Sadly Don't have the money and won't for ahwhile becuase of Uni and other reasons) ...

However I will NEVER go back to LA ever again ... Fly in at LAX... Transfer across to the Domestic Port .. And fly right back out to wherever; Vegas, NYC, Orlando ect ect.
    LA is the biggest shithole ... Dirty, Disgusting and every 3 steps you take you feel like your going to get mugged ... I'd love to sit here and say "LA is shit but Hollywood/Beverly Hills are great", but NOPE.. Even Hollywood and Beverly Hills are dirty and horrible. (Some areas of Beverly Hills looks nice, but still the majority of it is terrible).

So Hell Yer I'd love to Travel back, And I WILL FOR SURE!!! (Once I'm 21 at least) .. And it's nice to know that it could be even easier to Travel Next time I wish to go over ... But yea .. Inc Avoid LA at all costs :S

Deleted
    I wouldn't want to come here if i were you. For safety, have you ever seen movie hostel?
    Then why go to the US, I mean have you seen Independence day??

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    If things play out and it becomes much easier to visit the US, will you visit the US for vacation? This is obviously a question in regards to Obama's recent speech at Disney.

http://www.hotelnewsnow.com/articles...or-visa-reform
    No. I have such a strong resentment towards their government and a majority of the populace that I wouldn't want to.

I plan on spending next christmas in New York, currently live in the U.K.

Spending Spree, Top Hotels & Laughing at thick new york accents. \o/

Deleted
    why would i want to go to the next Police State to come? just thinking of SOPA is a prof of that
    so NO never in my lifetime will i ever got to the US

Deleted
    I don't! I'm affraid i might die/get killed/get arrested there.
    Why would you be afraid of that? I´m pretty sure most tourists don´t go to gang/crime infested areas wearing "screw the crips" t-shirts.

Deleted
    I want to visit Phoenix. I said to myself yesterday, if I ever wanted to start a new life. I'd love to do it in Phoenix AZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunAkke View Post
    I want to visit Phoenix. I said to myself yesterday, if I ever wanted to start a new life. I'd love to do it in Phoenix AZ.
    hope you like the heat man... it's like fuck you hot out there.

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MmoFanatic View Post
    why would i want to go to the next Police State to come? just thinking of SOPA is a prof of that
    haha a simple no would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by MmoFanatic View Post
    Seriously I went to the; Grand Canyon, LA, NYC, Washington D.C, Orlando, and Anaheim ... And the ONLY place I felt majorly unsafe at was in LA ... I always got back to my Hotel by 9-10pm and in my 4 days there ended up only going out for 2 days (One day a Bus Tour, One day to just chill around Hollywood) ...

NYC, Washington D.C, Orlando and Anaheim I'd be walking around at 10pm - 1am or riding the Train and not once did I ever feel unsafe/In Danger ..

Bantokar here is spot on:

Why would you be afraid of that? I´m pretty sure most tourists don´t go to gang/crime infested areas wearing "screw the crips" t-shirts.
    With the exception of LA which I assumed being a Touristy area would be safe and happy but was shit ... That is exactly true. Even in LA it wasn't a "Gang" feeling just more of being in a constant state of feeling Unsafe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haitischmock View Post
    NDAA, guns in every house, religious fanatics etc.
    Things that shouldn´t and wouldn´t effect you as a tourist. Some countries in the middle east are far far worse. Sounds more like baseless prejudice.

Hell Norway and Sweden have political violence and fairly large Nazi affiliated groups, yet are still very safe countries
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2012-01-24 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think alot of tourists get the wrong idea about LA / Hollywood. It's not really a cool place to visit (of course this is opinion) but too spread out, dirty and not very friendly. If I were a tourist I would go see NYC, maybe Boston, Dallas, New Orleans (probably number 1), Pittsburgh, Savannah GA and Charleston SC