Poll: Which class has the best set of companions?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Which class has the best set of companions?

Which class do you think has the best set of companions as a whole? This can be based on their performance, story, looks, etc, etc, etc. Please state the reason(s) why you voted for each class.

Edit: I'm voting Sith Warrior, I haven't played all the classes but out of the 4 that I have they're my favorite. Vette has such a cool storyline.
    Last edited by Velorian; 2012-01-24 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted
    I my self think the SW got the best companions don't really like the "freak shows" the other classes gets

Well, I've only experienced 2 sets so far, SW and SI, and to me the SW companions are far superior to the SI.

The SW companions makes sense, a Slave an officer a Jedi and a troper kinda guy.

At the same time, the SI get's the horrible Khem monster, who I would have sent out the airlock if I could, for blocking my view so often, a Pirate....? and some Teenage wannabe Jedi, that's the current companions I've gotten for thoose classes so far.

Heck I prefere my SI over my SW for gameplay, but the SW story and sidekicks are just better by far.

Sw>bh>>ia>>>si

15+ Year Old Account
    IA gets some fairly creepy companions an anarchist, a lycanthrope,a hive mind speaker, an untrained secret Force user,an ancient shady droid. They will all make sure that you are not mentally sane anymore by the end of your storyline.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Jedi Knight: a droid and a pureblood sith; What's more epic to run around with?

Ceran Thedrax is just lol, who came up with a skill like summon holiday anyways?

Deleted
    I only really ever played a Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior (during beta).

I never really felt all that attached to the Jedi Knight companions. T7 is fine, but a little generic. Kira is the obvious love-interest and practically made to be likeable. Doc, while a powerful addition doesn't seem all that interesting and Rusk just seemed to come out of nowhere with very little setup. Lord Scourge is kinda cool I guess, but comes a little late and being the same class you are, doesn't really mesh well.

Trooper's companions are pretty imba for Crew skills.

Deleted
    M1-4X <3 Troopers all the way.

Close call between Vette (SW), and T7 (JK). The astromech droid won out.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I never really felt all that attached to the Jedi Knight companions. T7 is fine, but a little generic. Kira is the obvious love-interest and practically made to be likeable. Doc, while a powerful addition doesn't seem all that interesting and Rusk just seemed to come out of nowhere with very little setup. Lord Scourge is kinda cool I guess, but comes a little late and being the same class you are, doesn't really mesh well.
    I agree, they aren't all great, especially Rusk who is probably my least favorite companion. Probably has to do with the fact that he just gets thrown at you about two seconds before you go get Lord Scourge who is infinitely cooler. That said, I don't get why I hear so many people say Doc isn't interested. Doc loves to party, wants to create and cure his own infectious disease (for fame and the ladies), and apparently he used to date a certain Imperial companion. I was expecting nothing out of Doc and he turned out to a be the perfect foil for an uptight LS Jedi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    M1-4X <3 Troopers all the way.
    I agree with this person. M1-4X rocks.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bounty Hunter...we have:

Mako - Crazy intelligent hacker who has the internet hard-wired into her brain.
    Gault - One of the most elusive thieves in the galaxy.
    Torian - A Mandalorian with a grudge and flamethrowers.
    Blizz - A Jawa with a Rocket Launcher.
    Skadge - A dangerous criminal and slightly psychotic.

It's a cool combination and...honestly if you weren't won over with the Jawa with a Rocket Launcher then nothing I say can convince you.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted
    I've only really got experience from with inquisitor and sith warrior, at least any real depth, and can't really say either really rises above the other. It seems the companions are sort of design to provide different interests. For example Ashara plays a role for people going sort of lightside/darkside combo, Khem is for really evil people, and so forth. What annoyed me, particularly with the inquisitor is that I had hoped for a fitting apprentice companion, for an evil inquisitor, the way which I chose to play it. Ashara is a kinda doesn't know if she's lightside or darkside and Xalek comes out as a redneck with an "I is warrior and hit things with glowstick" feeling more like a sith warrior companion than one fit for a cunning inquisitor.

Sometimes it is also really difficult to figure which dialog choice would please which companion. I felt like that particularly with Vette and often it felt like there were clear contradictions. Others are easier though, like Quinn who is clear as crystal, although with a few strange quirks on that side as well.

Deleted
    For general usefulness my assassin companions are superb, not much actual story to go with them though

Deleted
    Bounty Hunter was fine until Skadge. Seriously Skadge is the kind of guy who invite himself in your house, help himself in the fridge then complain about the food.

During the first talk in the ship I mentioned I wanted to Airlock him, (for some reason it resulted in +rep), I really hope i'll be able to do it someday!

I love the Jedi Knight companions. T7 is a crazy likeable droid, especially with the line that went like "T-7 part of Jedi Order=Needs Lightsaber upgrade!" had me laughing. Kira and Doc are funny additions. Rusk is indeed an odd addition, he should've been added in much earlier because almost two missions later you get Lord Scourge, which was a pretty big shock (especially if you read the novel Revan). Gear him up proper and he can eat punishment like no other.

I'd have to vote JK if not for Rusk and Doc.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

M1-4X character is awesome.

However, overall I feel that Sith Warrior / Imperial Agent have great companions as far as story goes.