Poll: Are you ready to get married?

Deleted

Wedding bells are ringing!

Wedding bells are ringing, and we’ve now made it easier than ever to commit to that special someone! You’ll soon get to experience the thrill of getting married (and maybe even divorced) in RIFT.

Feature still under development. Currently available on the Public Test Server.
    Will be released with patch 1.7

What do you guys think of this new feature?
    What do you think of the background music at the wedding end? (Music in the end of the video)

(Yes... Same sex marriage is allowed! )
    Last edited by mmocd53e5af475; 2012-01-24 at 03:13 AM.

Deleted
    Why not? Don't you want to marry your fellow girl... or guy... (Yes.. same sex marriage is allowed)

Probably won't get married myself. I've been advertising 'SWM looking for same' in 50 chat, but no bites yet.

I still like that this is being added, because it's another indication of Trion listening to their customers and providing additions to the game that customers want. Not all customers want this obviously, but they had a roundtable with RP players and this was one of the things that came up.

I love when marriage in games gives a buff to the couple. My favorite was the buff from Aion that let you teleport to your spouse once an hour.

Hopefully we'll have plenty of weddings dresses to choose from too.

I bet the RPers are as exited as little girls ^^

How to ruin an mmo in 3 easy steps:

1) give it "housing"
    2) give it useless item shop items to glamour your toon, for irl moneys.
    3) give out marriages.

Eeh since does rift have a personal house ? Or "useless item shop items for irl money"
    Marriage is not a such a bad idea. Its just for laughs if you want to marry your friend.

I am strongly in favor of all 3 of those supposed means to ruin an MMO. And have played many where they were no ill effect on the game.

Shockingly, MMOs can appeal to a wide variety of tastes.

I never said rift had housing or an item shop. I'm saying.. that it's one of the three that ruin mmos. Generally when mmos go down the toilet they toss up an item shop to get extra cash or toss in housing to keep the sex addicts playing.

Granted this model doesnt always hold true for all mmos... However.. if cybering in housing is the only reason you play the game, more power to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really my cup of tea, definitely more for the Role-players though...also both Factions have a different setting, Defiants get married in a Meridian setting...Guardians get married at Hammerknell

Both weddings are set in their own, private Instance that you "buy" from the vendor, so that means no gate crashers, no griefing, no ganking on RP-PvP shards or whatever

Guess the guys are Trion saw the 'gate-crashing' of that funeral years ago in WoW

No, because my partner who does not play Rift may find it a little inappropriate xD

The girly part of me would like to though ^^ Just for fun...

Why would having a little RP instanced wedding mean you are into cheesy cyber-sex... the conclusions some people jump to are rediculious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping with the theme and to preserve the balance, i came across a video of the Guardian wedding cermony from none other than Mr Cleric (or is it Mrs Cleric) Guru, Dulfy

Deleted
    Never been a fan of this sort of thing but I guess its good for the RP'ers

Would be cool if you got a Unique title for getting married or something that showed the 2 characters are together in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted no. I'm not into RP at all but with that being said it's good too see they are attempting to cater to everyone including RP, casuals, collectors, raiders and PVPers in the long run it makes the game very vibrant and alive.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-01-24 at 05:18 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahstrasza View Post

1) give it "housing"
    3) give out marriages.
    Really? Care to cite any sources for that statement? Any examples of it happening?

The one about selling vanity items for money especially intrigues me, because the cash shop in almost every game is centered around vanity items in one way or another (mounts/pets are considered vanity items btw).

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Never been a fan of this sort of thing but I guess its good for the RP'ers
    Never been a fan of it, but I still see this as a good thing. I know plenty of RL couples that play these kinds of games and this kind of feature deepens the social experience of the MMO.

OTOH, it also adds an evening's entertainment for RP'ers... and its great that Trion responds to its customers so quickly and decisively.

While I have no issues with same-sex marriages in MMO's one way or the other, I find it notable that Trion decided to give them the green light. I'm guessing there are other MMO's that have allowed this already, but this is the first I've seen personally.

I'll probably not get married myself, but I think it's kinda sweet! More stuff for RP'ers is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahstrasza View Post

1) give it "housing"
    3) give out marriages.
    The only problem is that this counts about every single MMO ever made, except for a few obscure ones no one cares about.