Deleted

SC2 CE from the US, available to run on EU computers?

So I have been thinking about buying SC2 CE, but I can only find it on Ebay, from US sellers and so. So I am wondering, since I live in EU, will I still be available to run the game from US on my computer from EU? I had a problem with this before, where I had a game from US to gamecube, and it could not run on the gamecube in EU. Can any one help me out here? And sorry if it's a little weird questien.

I have a similar question regarding playing SC2 US in the EU as im going to german this summer and want to bring my laptop with me. Any ideas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I have a similar question regarding playing SC2 US in the EU as im going to german this summer and want to bring my laptop with me. Any ideas?
    Thinking about the internet connection ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's like if you buy the US version it's gonna play of the north american servers and not EU servers which kind of can make the game lag. It's gonna be able to be installed and such you will just be forced to play on the NA servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    I think it's like if you buy the US version it's gonna play of the north american servers and not EU servers which kind of can make the game lag. It's gonna be able to be installed and such you will just be forced to play on the NA servers.
    Ok, so you can't change it, like you can with wow servers? Or with like HoN and LoL servers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumf View Post
    Ok, so you can't change it, like you can with wow servers? Or with like HoN and LoL servers?
    You cant change wow servers either. You need the respective EU/US account for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if you call them otherwise I don't think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    Maybe if you call them otherwise I don't think so.
    Yes you can, you need a seperate key though (1 for US and 1 for EU.)

Sc2 cache etc etc gets installed in some folder, and it tells which region you're playing from, so you can't just download the EU files and play on EU server, it comes up with an error about language pack.

What you need to do is download and run this to change between US and EU language pack/servers.
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=139082

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 02:42 PM ----------

So I have been thinking about buying SC2 CE, but I can only find it on Ebay, from US sellers and so. So I am wondering, since I live in EU, will I still be available to run the game from US on my computer from EU? I had a problem with this before, where I had a game from US to gamecube, and it could not run on the gamecube in EU. Can any one help me out here? And sorry if it's a little weird questien.
    Which country are you in?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Yes you can, you need a seperate key though (1 for US and 1 for EU.)

Sc2 cache etc etc gets installed in some folder, and it tells which region you're playing from, so you can't just download the EU files and play on EU server, it comes up with an error about language pack.

What you need to do is download and run this to change between US and EU language pack/servers.
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=139082

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 02:42 PM ----------

Which country are you in?
    I'm in Denmark

Deleted
    Just so you know its only Console games that have the restriction locks computer games dont have that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL_region thats why your gamecube game dident work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in Denmark
    2 minute search brought me this
    http://demo58126.srv100.webshopdemo....n-pcmac-46360/

It's the only retailer in Denmark selling the CE, so it's quite expensive, wish I had bought an extra CE now and sell it

I tried to search Fona, Proshop, Komplett.dk etc but they didn't have it. When Blizzard makes collectors edition it really is, not some bullcrap like other popular titles making 20 million CE versions. (Might overexaggerate.)
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-01-24 at 11:11 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Yes an SC2 CE from the US will just run fine on EU computers same as with the opposite. All u need is a proper connection and understand that u can't play on the EU servers with an US game key. So unless u wanna experience some fun on the Americans server and don't have friend on the UE servers I would say find an SC2 CE from Europe instead somewhere.