Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by pleaserelax View Post
    They said that keeps will have partially destructable terrain/structures, so yes, it's similar and the same exact tech being used, I'd imagine. Destructible/usable environments are going to be a mechanism used in the game regularly and it seems like they're pleased with how they've put that tech to use.
    Not "said" but "shown". Things like trebuchets will destroy environment, and you can break things like windows in certain locations.

Apparently it's all predetermined though, so you won't get to play it Red Faction style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Not "said" but "shown". Things like trebuchets will destroy environment, and you can break things like windows in certain locations.

Apparently it's all predetermined though, so you won't get to play it Red Faction style.
    God, I loved playing through the original Red Faction. I'd love to see that level of destructable terrain again, although absolute freedom in that regard might not work in an MMO setting.

Was hoping we might be able to tunnel into a keep sapper style oh well...
    And gief giant asura golem siege suits! Awesome

Deleted
    Sounds Fantastic I just hope that the Clone's actions are slightly more varied than just standing still and spamming the Mesmer's primary nuke, otherwise it just sounds like a wow mage's mirror image (only without built in aoe resistance).

Also a little confused by the thief's 'steal' (in terms of PVP) if anyone can help me out. I know the thief steals a weapon from the profession, but does that mean they have access to all the skills associated with that weapon or just one particular skill, or is it a completely different type of skill? Like steal a Mesmer's mask and use it as a boomerang
    Last edited by mmoce5fee02e00; 2012-01-25 at 12:42 AM.

This website not working for anyone else? It just sits there and loads for hours...

Quote Originally Posted by pleaserelax View Post
    Destructible/usable environments are going to be a mechanism used in the game regularly and it seems like they're pleased with how they've put that tech to use.
    I remember a Interview about the 5vs.5 maps and they clearly said that destructable envirenments is a perk which is only be used on the map "battle of khylo". Other maps have other perks. So I guess they use it only on the Kyhlo map & WvWvW.

10+ Year Old Account
    listening to the podcast >>> reading it, you also get the flow of the interview better not to mention the written notes tend to paraphrase or out-right omit what was said.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I remember a Interview about the 5vs.5 maps and they clearly said that destructable envirenments is a perk which is only be used on the map "battle of khylo". Other maps have other perks. So I guess they use it only on the Kyhlo map & WvWvW.
    This is actually really unfortunate. Destructible environments are an amazing feature for PVP, and it would be nice to still have destructible walls that could be knocked down with attacks even if there were no catapults.