[Music] Top 10 hip-hop albums this past decade?

Anyone have a good list for best rap albums this decade??

Heres my list;

1. Lupe Fiasco - Food and Liquor
    2. Kanye West - College Dropout
    3. Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem
    4. Stillmatic - Nas
    5. Common - Be
    6. Outkast - Stankonia
    7. CunninLynguists - A Piece of Strange
    8. Immortal Tech - revolutionary vol 2
    9. Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon
    10. Kendrick Lamar - Section 80

Thoughts??? Its really tough to make a list but this is my best list I can think of

Rap was at its height during the 1990s and has been garbage since then. Nothing can hold a candle to old Outkast, Slick Rick, Tribe Called Quest, Goodie Mob, Wu-Tang, Lost Boyz, not to mention Pac and Biggie. I can go on forever. Pretty much the worst rapper during the 90s (No Vanilla Ice Doesnt Count) is better than any current rapper. Just glad I was in high school then and got to actually listen to Rap when it had meaning.

To answer your question I cant even think of anyone deserving to be on a list. Maybe Lil Wayne. The Carter Albums were awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythria View Post
    Rap was at its height during the 1990s and has been garbage since then. Nothing can hold a candle to old Outkast, Slick Rick, Tribe Called Quest, Goodie Mob, Wu-Tang, Lost Boyz, not to mention Pac and Biggie. I can go on forever. Pretty much the worst rapper during the 90s (No Vanilla Ice Doesnt Count) is better than any current rapper. Just glad I was in high school then and got to actually listen to Rap when it had meaning.

To answer your question I cant even think of anyone deserving to be on a list. Maybe Lil Wayne. The Carter Albums were awesome.

The only time that Tupac was good was when he was a back-up singer/dancer for Digital Underground

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You place Lil Wayne above Eminem, no offense but did your parents drop you at birth.. a couple thousand times?

The only time Tupac was ever good was when he was a back-up singer/dancer for Digital Underground

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalHack View Post
    The only time Tupac was ever good was when he was a back-up singer/dancer for Digital Underground
    I am just gonna leave before I rape you with words. I MEAN... DAFUQ?!!!!!!!

A milli, a milli, a milli

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalHack View Post
    Thug Life was his best album by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have much respect for mid 90's rap that is my era. It is very hard for me to get into the stuff I hear today.
    Current mc's do a lot more technically with their versus than rappers of the past but their content is very watered down, ergo why I have a hard time getting into them.
    from 2000-current. in no particular order just quality hiphop, thats what this convo is about hip hop right?..cool ok

Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse, Kanye West- Graduation, Jay-Z -The Black Album, skyzoo-The great debater, The Roots-How I got over and Things Fall Apart, Joell Ortiz-Free Agent, Crooked I -planet cob vol 1(real west coast), K'naan-troubador, and I do believe that J.cole-The Warm up (mix tape) is fair enough to include in this.

Other artists that also included in this round will include El-P, Mfdoom, Aesop Rock, J Dilla (rip), Shabazz Palaces (butterfly from digable p), PharoheMonch,Taalib Kweli, Mos Def, Emnm, Outkast and believe it or not Game-The Red Album and Curtis Jackson (50cent)-Massacre should be included......but if you really just want to hear some good music just stick with J.Dilla and Mf doom special blends series purest hip hop for reals.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Army of the Pharaohs should be mentioned I know it's a group off several rappers, but that's what makes them awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Lythria View Post
    Rap was at its height during the 1990s and has been garbage since then.

My personal top ten:

1. Binary Star - Masters of the Universe
    2. CunninLynguists - A Piece of Strange
    3. Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP
    4. Madvillain - Madvillainy
    5. The Roots - undun
    6. Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Volume Two
    7. Atmosphere - When God Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold
    8. The Roots - Game Theory
    9. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
    10. Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030

That old moniker that "it was only good in the 90's" is full of crap. People who say that don't listen to much Hip-Hop.

Literally Last Decade

01. Madvillainy, Madvillain
    02. Donuts, J Dilla
    03. Vol. 5: Dil Cosby Suite, Beat Konducta
    04. Vaudeville Villain, Viktor Vaughn
    05. Late Registration, Kanye West
    06. Game Theory, The Roots
    07. Center of Attention, InI
    08. Below the Heavens, Blu & Exile
    09. Blackalicious, Blazing Arrow
    10. Fishscale, Ghostface Killah

2000 - 2009

02. Donuts, J Dilla
    03. Supreme Clientele, Ghostface Killah
    04. The Cold Vein, Cannibal Ox
    05. Like Water for Chocolate, Common
    06. Vol. 5: Dil Cosby Suite, Beat Konducta
    07. Deltron 3030, Deltron 3030
    08. The Unseen, Quasimoto
    09. Fantastic, Vol. 2, Slum Village
    10. Vaudeville Villain, Viktor Vaughn

10+ Year Old Account
    B.o.B - The Adventures of Bobby Ray

But my favorite -

Danish rapper L.O.C. is the best rapper in the world. His newest album “Libertiner” is one of the best albums ever made. And I am not usually a rap-kinda-guy.

Whichever one has Ambitionz as a ridah by tupac

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Literally Last Decade

02. Donuts, J Dilla
    03. Vol. 5: Dil Cosby Suite, Beat Konducta
    04. Vaudeville Villain, Viktor Vaughn
    05. Late Registration, Kanye West
    06. Game Theory, The Roots
    07. Center of Attention, InI
    08. Below the Heavens, Blu & Exile
    09. Blackalicious, Blazing Arrow
    10. Fishscale, Ghostface Killah
    So glad to see someone else mention Below the Heavens. Honestly, I've yet to hear another album top that. Blu.. is probably my favorite rapper by far. Exile is an amazing producer. Seriously, if you like hip-hop, please check this album out. It's nearly 4 years old now, but, still amazing.

Deleted
    Notorious big - Ready to die

gr8 album

Woah! Judging from a lot of the comments everyone that posted are in their late 20's mid 30s???

I don't mean to be rude I understand we all have opinions, but don't you guys feel a little bias if you always claim that 1990's music is better? That is fine if you favor it more but I really cant see how there are more good artist back then then now. I feel hip-hop is stronger then ever, basically picked up off where very early 2000's left off. Of course you ignore like 90% of the mainstream that's purely business not art so you really shouldn't count that. There are to many good rappers right now that are so amazing and soon to become legends. THIS YEAR will be better then last year and last year was AMAZING! That alone says something. All I'm saying is if you like the 90's rap that's fine but don't say ITS WAY BETTER or say that 2000's music sucked cause it didn't. Being 'worst' in your opinion doesn't mean its necessarily 'bad'.

Love the comments tho tyvm!

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    My personal top ten:

1. Binary Star - Masters of the Universe
    2. CunninLynguists - A Piece of Strange
    3. Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP
    4. Madvillain - Madvillainy
    5. The Roots - undun
    6. Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Volume Two
    7. Atmosphere - When God Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold
    8. The Roots - Game Theory
    9. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
    10. Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030

That old moniker that "it was only good in the 90's" is full of crap. People who say that don't listen to much Hip-Hop.
    Love to see The Roots and Binary Star on your list
    Last edited by Shoryuken; 2012-01-26 at 03:22 PM.