Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why do people assume Blizzard is just canceling it for shits and giggles? They love Blizzcon. But they have a heavy plate this year. Three big projects still in development. They can't really take focus off that and prepare for Blizzcon. Everyone should be focusing on their projects, not a convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurflord View Post
    No source, but there were some quotes from a while back about it being heavily FPS based. Now that could mean we'll be chucking spears and shooting bows, but more likely a sci-fi based game......or it could be something completely off the wall like a wild west, or WW2 game but I doubt it. At this point, no-one in the community knows anything, all we can do is talk about probabilities.
    Yeah, the only thing I do recall is that it's not based on any existing franchises. They've done fantasy with WoW, so sci-fi is the other general option. Although steampunk/gaslamp fantasy would be interesting. I highly doubt it would be anything "real world" like wild west or military - we expect more from Blizzard than that.

Given that just about everyone who works for Blizzard also works Blizzcon, and with 3 major titles hitting, I don't blame them for not having one this year. Like most have said, MoP might not have even had a content patch yet, and having Blizzcon would push back work on that as well. While announcing things at Blizzcon is nice, a lot of us would probably much rather things were already in development - and perhaps ready for alpha/beta - by the time they're announced. That gives us demos to play at Blizzcon that aren't the same stuff we've already been doing. With MoP/D3/SC2 out - what incentive is there for me to go? No new demos - other than Pandaria itself, but I'll have been playing the beta already. I'll have D3 as well due to Annual Pass, so no need to demo that either. I've never been a big RTS fan, so SC2 would be the only thing I might be interested in. No reason to go. Although I will miss meeting up with some of my fellow raiders, that's not quite enough of a reason for all of us to fly to California (since quite a few already live in SoCal).

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Meh, the esports for these games isn't that appealing to me.
    I have to agree here, its not THAT exciting to watch a bunch of Koreans/Japanese people playing StarCraft 2 >.>

Or to watch a bunch of nerds raging because they couldn't kill a shaman....

I AM NOT OK WITH THIS... /sadface

It comes down to the fact that they wont really have anything to show at blizzcon 2012.

No.

Nononononoonono.

I enjoy a large scale SC2 tournament now and again but WHY. THE HELL. ARE THEY. STILL!!!! FORCING. WOW. AS. AN. E-SPORT !?!?!?!?!?

You can't balance an MMO! Arena has always been a joke and their sloppy attempts to 'balance' WoW by forcefully homogenizing the classes has done nothing but negatively impact the game!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    It comes down to the fact that they wont really have anything to show at blizzcon 2012.
    So much this.

Coincidence that it's korean/asian with them releasing MoP?

Blizzard are SO trying to hit the eastern market.

A real bummer. As sad as it sounds, Blizzcon virtual ticket was one of the highlights of my year last year. Hopefully they change thier minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    Much more to show in 2013.. probably early 2013. I'm sure it will be worth the little extra wait just to see Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it means more content, I'm kinda glad.

Blizzard Entertainment is proud to announce the 2012 Battle.net World Championship, a major global eSports event featuring some of the best pro-gaming competition in the world. Slated to take place in Asia toward the end of 2012, Mists of Pandaria (Pandas)? Asia? Coincidence?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    There wasn't a Blizzcon in 2006, so why are people freaking out.

Oh noes we skipped another year, everybody panic!
    Hardly anyone is freaking out. Get a grip.

So they miss a year, it makes perfect sense with the releases coming.

oh people seeing evil consiracies in every little thing blizzard does! how new and original, i feel like it isnt still year 2007 where people bitched about the same crap and still were proven wrong! geez, why cant blizzard be small and widely underestimated again... i hate to read the same old all negative responses on every breath blizzard takes.. nitpicking everything... are your lifes so miserable that you have to bash on somebody to feel better? im sad that there wont be a blizzcon this year, but they really have planned to release 3 titles this year and that is a feat that has never happened before, so im very excited and probably wont even notice that the blizzcon is missing while im playing d3 or sc2 hots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazinger View Post
    You quit WoW just because Blizzcon is not taking place? Lol

I personally am happy that they focus on developing instead of this convention. They lose money for making Blizzcon anyway.
    yeah people get worked up over such small things, makes me wonder why there still here, oh that's right attention whore syndrome
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    There wasn't a Blizzcon in 2006, so why are people freaking out.

Oh noes we skipped another year, everybody panic!
    None in 2006
    None in 2012

Then that means...

No Blizzcon in 2018!

Also, whilst I will miss seeing Blizzcon, I'm glad they'd rather spend their time working on their games for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Do you know how many subscriptions they'll lose if they try dragging 4.3 out all the way till November? Lot's.
    They guarantied enough subs with annual pass so they really dont care.

They will probably throw 1-2 pets and mounts into store to make enough money to cover the rest. Maybe even some stats items since aparently ppl are ok with it in other games...

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure that Blizzard is just aware that the world will end in December, so there is no point in hosting a Blizzcon. /conspiracy

wtf, the year i would finally be able to go, and they're not doing it. bad move, blizz, and where the f is titan?

Since the start Blizzard was always working on 3-4 working titles\major features, and they missed 1 year in the past 8 years. So yea, there's more up then "we're busy!".

Deleted
    They skip it because Diablo WoW and Starcraft2 expansions are planned to be release before the 2012 blizzcon

What would they announce if all the 3 major titles will be already released and Titan must be planned to be released in 2014?
    I say 2014 because they have to give some info about it months before...just to tease people and make everyone start to talk about it.
    Last edited by mmoc37672be2a3; 2012-01-25 at 11:43 PM.