Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well that is really surprising. I imagine they are going to use that event to preview all of their upcoming games and content like they do Blizzcon. Grats to the Asian players on getting their own convention. Thanks for ignoring the East Coast again Blizzard. This makes me think that MoP will be out prior to Blizzcon. It just seems weird that they wouldn't have their premier event in the States when there is a major game about to launch that they would have been previewing like crazy. Post-launch Blizzcon only features upcoming content patch information so they could still do that. More fuel to fire the Panda-ering to the Asian market folks sadly.

Last second effort to make competitive arenas show up on esports gaming news feeds at all. I haven't read a single thing about the top arena scene on any website other than mmo/blizz/youtube since BC. It's funny to me that Titan is so underdeveloped that they can cancel blizzcon 10 months ahead of time.

Deleted
    "witness some of the most skilled pro players on the planet " Made me Lol hard

Understandable why there is no Blizzcon this year. There really wouldn't be much to talk about because by that time their 3 big new titles will be released or we would have already known everything about them by that time. So I expect to see some big announcements next year including Titan!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    I very much doubt they'd lack content for blizzcon lol
    Yea except they actually would. DIII would be already out by fall 2012, there isn't much on the SC scene overall and MoP was already announced. Plus there will be MoP beta for everyone who actually cares about it (Annual pass).

Lack of relevant content is precisely the reason why there won't be any Blizzcon because they wouldn't have anything to do there.

I know Blizzcon takes a lot of time out of the employee's schedules. For example the forum blues barely make any posts during the proceeding week of Blizzcon because they're busy with preparations. So the good thing about this is we get HotS/MoP faster than they would be out with Blizzcon.

i basically read that as "yeah so we are working on project titan in valve time so expect that when half life 3 is announced, mists should be in beta long before blizzcon and heart of the swarm will be out so we have nothing interesting to announce until next year, when we will show off the protoss starcraft 2 expansion" seriously though its a shame i love blizzcon weekend even though i've never been able to attend in person. maybe this means blizz might turn up at E3 this year for the mists opening cinematic reveal.

So this is the only way they foudn to get a wow xpac faster.....CUT THE BLIZZCON WE DOTN HAVE TIME FOR SHENANIGANS THIS YEAR! Or money talked....go figure (was it costly , i dotn think just saying this over my head)

Not really a surprise. I remember watching the last two Blizzcons and thinking "wow, I'd be really pissed off if I had actually paid for this junk".

I agree that MoP will be out before BlizzCon I've been saying it for ages. I predict by the summer break in the U.S. But who knows right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    Looks like all cosplayers got extra year to finish their projects!
    Seriously. But by next year priest t13 won't seem as cool. =(

Oh well. More time to save money.

Edit: Seriously though guys, Blizzcon is no small feat. It takes a boatload of work. It's probably not a light decision to not have one and instead work really hard on stuff. But I just hope we benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matutin View Post
    So, if no BlizzCon till 2013, when and where this guys are going to announce Pandaria? :O
    They are going to do it 3 months ago
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Understandable why there is no Blizzcon this year. There really wouldn't be much to talk about because by that time their 3 big new titles will be released or we would have already known everything about them by that time. So I expect to see some big announcements next year including Titan!
    Agreed, with their current work being released around that time (I could imagine) there'd be no big news other than potentially Titan. But we'll wait for 2013 then, surely we'll get loads of awesome stuff then. =D

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Yea except they actually would. DIII would be already out by fall 2012, there isn't much on the SC scene overall and MoP was already announced. Plus there will be MoP beta for everyone who actually cares about it (Annual pass).

Lack of relevant content is precisely the reason why there won't be any Blizzcon because they wouldn't have anything to do there.
    Exactly. Except MoP will have been released by then, and it'd be too early to talk about the new expansion.

Well they could...maybe sow some stuff for Starcraft 2 Part 3 (the name evades me if they gave it one yet) but yeah...thats it. Thats not nearly enough to host a convention over.

Another large part of Blizzcon is they promote soon to be released products. This is a year that all of their major, revealed, projects are laying down the merch before Blizzcon. Remove the concert (big PR problem last year), the giant new product announcement (D3/SCII/WoW have none, Titan apparently not ready for it), and filler panels (still cool, but they are filler) and what do you have left? A couple tournaments.

So I'm guessing their answer is a half-truth. Because of their busy schedule they'll have no big product to reveal this year. Without that, it is hard to justify beyond just being a large party to the share holders.
    Last edited by Geigerton; 2012-01-25 at 01:52 PM.

Geigerton: Yeah makes sense. Perhaps an early/Spring 2013 slot will suit Titan and the next WoW Xpac better than Fall 2012.

They can't really win on this issue. If they hold it this year, it will be much like the 2010 blizzcon where they didnt announce anything and the fans were outraged. Better to hold it off for a year and make it kick ass. Hopefully this means they are pushing MoP and D3 pretty hard at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Meh, the esports for these games isn't that appealing to me.
    only sc2 is good, wow arena has no place in esports tbh, its too imbalanced

on the bright side, D3 and MoP are guaranteed to be released before blizzcon was supposed to take place
    Last edited by Bluey111; 2012-01-25 at 01:56 PM.

DIII would be already out by fall 2012, there isn't much on the SC scene overall and MoP was already announced. Plus there will be MoP beta for everyone who actually cares about it (Annual pass).

I don't know much about what's going on in the SC2 scene, but other than that this sounds about right.

But really, who cares? Not having a BlizzCon this year will just make next year's more exciting, tbh.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."