Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Damn you Blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Oh, I agree. I just find their PR nonsense rather insulting - as if they expect their fans to fall for the whole "oh, we're too busy making games!" spiel. Especially considering two - or perhaps all three - of the mentioned games will already have been released by that time.
    You don't think that a ridiculous number of hours goes into creating the mega-event that is a Blizzcon? You've never been to one. It isn't an excuse, Blizzard has typically worked on a single game at a time, with a WoW expansion being hammered out in long-term segments. They are now releasing a main title, and two expansions within a rough year of each other.

This is time consuming.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    I love E-sports (SC2 ftw) but no Blizzcon this year....that sucks big time.

I understand the reasoning behind the decision from a business standpoint, but that doesn't mean I'm not still ticked off about it. =P My guild was going to have their first annual BlizzCon meetup this year, and we had everything planned out - rooms, a few carpools for those on the West Coast, the parties before, during, and after, and even a trip to Disney...guess we're screwed until next year. Ah well, c'est la vie - hopefully they'll use the time to make MoP better and less buggy at launch than Cata was XD

Good, would rather see Mists come out and live up to the previous expansions than tank and really become their downfall. Any spare time they have to work on it sounds like a smart move.

Looking forward to seeing some esports too, been too long since I saw pvp streams on the front page

lol....talk about blizz aiming at the asian market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trexxen View Post
    I understand the reasoning behind the decision from a business standpoint, but that doesn't mean I'm not still ticked off about it. =P My guild was going to have their first annual BlizzCon meetup this year, and we had everything planned out - rooms, a few carpools for those on the West Coast, the parties before, during, and after, and even a trip to Disney...guess we're screwed until next year. Ah well, c'est la vie - hopefully they'll use the time to make MoP better and less buggy at launch than Cata was XD
    What was buggy at Cata release? I cant remember anything being bad at all.

Deleted
    So I guess there won't be any new announcements this year therefore no point in having a BlizzCon. At least that's how I see it. What happened to Warcraft movie? What happened to project Titan. Well... I guess we'll have to wait until 2013 to find out.Also... what is up with Blizzard and Asia lately?

Deleted
    Not really interested in esports for Blizz games so I doubt I'll watch most of it.

If they don't over focus on the competition and still hold a bunch of panels it might be decent tho. Definately won't attend however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by connectz View Post
    lol....talk about blizz aiming at the asian market.
    Blizzard are not aiming at the Asian market over Europe/North america. They make like 10-20% of there money at max from Asia and the rest from the west. It would be stupid for Blizzard to make an expansion just to cater to Asia. Assuming you were talking about MoP of course.

Deleted
    What i do like about no BlizzCon this year?It brings hopes up high that they will actually release MoP and D3 before or in the 3rd Quarter of 2012, which is reassuring If they had MoP or D3 on Timetable later than that, then there would be quite the need (read: income) for hosting a BlizzCon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geigerton View Post
    The faster x-pac schedule, if pulled off, makes announcing a new expansion at this Blizzcon (if one was held in 2012)... iffy. It might not go over well potentially announcing the next expansion after MOP when patch 5.1 might not even be out yet. Blizzard may not even know what they want to change yet or what works/fails of MOP that needs changed.

Imagine Blizzard announcing CATA back when most average guilds were just beginning to farm KT in Naxx, and Maly/3D Sarth were progression still. Average, keyword, average.
    Sorry, I should've clarified. At the 2013 Blizzcon we can expect an expansion announce pretty much for sure. =P

Not having Blizzcon this year is the biggest mistake since Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.

makes sense, there wont really be anything to announce this year as this past blizzcon they dropped more diablo stuff sc2 expac and MoP in one, only thing left un announced atm is titan which probably isnt anywhere near reaady to announce.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Not having Blizzcon this year is the biggest mistake since Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.
    I don't see how making millions of dollars is a mistake

Dumbest Thread 2012

Deleted
    Its only being held in Asia because that's the main E-sports zone, Korea already have the best players and host the main tournament for Starcraft 2.

Deleted
    No blizzcon pet this year then?

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Because?
    D3 will be out by then, so will HotS and MoP is either just released or close to release.
    What can they announce then? Titan?
    Doesnt seem like thats far enough in development to be shown to the public already.
    Not having Blizzcon is a solid decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually this is awesome! I love the starcraft tournaments!!!!

Deleted
    kind of gutted its in asia tho and not US but meh
    INB4 people saying that it backs up the conspiracy of Blizzard moving to a Asian audience