Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    oh comme on i love blizzcon was fun to see evry year..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    It means that Pandaria will be ut before blizzcon would have happened. Probably may-july release date.
    In order for that to happen, they would already need to be in the late alpha stage at this moment. Then they would have to start the beta process no later than the middle of February. Unfortunately, I doubt they're that far into the development cycle.

Seriously, I'd be shocked and amazed if MoP releases before November. Hell, I'll be amazed if D3 releases before September.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    You don't think that a ridiculous number of hours goes into creating the mega-event that is a Blizzcon? You've never been to one. It isn't an excuse, Blizzard has typically worked on a single game at a time, with a WoW expansion being hammered out in long-term segments. They are now releasing a main title, and two expansions within a rough year of each other.

This is time consuming.
    Don't patronize me. I know (roughly) how much time goes into an event of that size. I also know that 95% of the dev team(s) are not involved in it in any shape or form. I also know Blizzard PR speak when I see it - this is most definitely an excuse. The real reason - which so many others in this thread have understood - is that BlizzCon would take place at a time when they're not ready to make any new announcements about upcoming titles. That's all there's to it.

Deleted
    Not really surprising, with all of their upcoming titles slated for release before blizzcon they'd have nothing to talk about other then "whoo blizzard rules!" and having metzen yelling "For the Horde!"

With Blizzard suffering a $25 mil profit loss to date so far this year it kind of makes sense cancelling it.

I knew something like this would occur...for the best. If you think about it, there's no way they can do a Blizzcon as good as last year's this time around...especially on the WoW front. MoP will then have (relatively) recently been released, along with D3 and Heart of the Swarm..with people probably nagging for Titan info they can't share yet.

I imagine 2012 will be great with most likely the expansion after MoP announcement, possibly D3 exp announcement and a wallop of info on SC2's last expansion. Oh and who knows maybe a Titan trailer

That will be my prediction for the next 2 years. I'm of course sad that there's no Blizzcon to watch on the stream but I completely agree with the decision.

And yeah lol @ people who think Blizzcon is a small effort. Any event of that scale takes enormous amounts of time to plan and organize.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Well they could...maybe sow some stuff for Starcraft 2 Part 3 (the name evades me if they gave it one yet) but yeah...thats it. Thats not nearly enough to host a convention over.
    I don´t think that there would be much to talk about this year !! I mean all of their major releases 2012 will be out before Blizzcon.

BTW: The Protoss campaign will be called "Legacy of the Void" http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Star...cy_of_the_Void

Will this be an epic troll? They said MoP will be out for the next Blizzcon... Blizzard trollface?

Lol Blizz too ashamed to show their faces after this year's release of D3 and MoP, can't blame em, I would hide in cave if I were in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    rofl, thats awesome
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

This just confirms that MoP wont be coming out anytime soon and we will have to stick in this raid tier for a long long time. Disappoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck that..

What this means: 1. D3 will be released before October 2. MoP will be released before October 3. HotS will probably be released before October 4. Blizz is not ready to announce Titan this year 5. Blizz wants to put more emphasis on Esports 6. Blizz doesn't feel threatened by SWTOR's release

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes perfect sense. It would have been at a very unfortunate time. 3 titles just released, and with time not being ripe for new announcements yet. People would complain about it being boring.
    Agreed. Still I like Blizzcons :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthawk45 View Post
    kind of gutted its in asia tho and not US but meh
    INB4 people saying that it backs up the conspiracy of Blizzard moving to a Asian audience
    Any theory as to how they actually don't cater anything WoW related to Asian audience?

I mean I don't really care and I think this is the 1st time I even post about it but it's kind od hard to ignore all the evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Lol Blizz too ashamed to show their faces after this year's release of D3 and MoP, can't blame em, I would hide in cave if I were in their place.
    wtf does that mean?

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    In order for that to happen, they would already need to be in the late alpha stage at this moment. Then they would have to start the beta process no later than the middle of February. Unfortunately, I doubt they're that far into the development cycle.

Seriously, I'd be shocked and amazed if MoP releases before November. Hell, I'll be amazed if D3 releases before September.
    Beta doesn't need to last near as long as cata beta lasted, because there aren't thousands of quests and dozens of zones to test. I bet MoP is in alpha now, and even if beta doesnt start until march, then MoP can still release in June or July.

Noooo! O.o

Maybe BioWare should have a SWTOR-con next year instead!!! :P

I thought Blizzcon was for/about the fans and not just to pimp the latest Blizzard product? Guess this puts that notion to rest.

no blizzcon weekend this year? kinda sucks... but tbh im not surprised... no announcements ... would be pointless if they made blizzcon just for costume competition

Deleted
    Well they have no excuse for the next Blizzcon to suck like the last ones.