Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A bit surprised but seeing how they'll just have released the WoW expansion, the SC2 expansion and Diablo 3 I can't blame them. Sure they could have talked about the next patch in WoW, but the only thing that's interesting is Titan and they clearly don't want to do that yet. So either a crap-ass Blizzcon or a nice SC2 tournament, I'd go with the SC2 one any day. Who knows, Diablo 3 might even be enjoyable to watch too as an added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    People defending this crack me up...You think if the company/game was still doing well they would skip an event they have done every year for a long time now? They LOVE doing Blizzcon, or at least they used to till they started putting out inferior products.

Nothing to talk about? Please...I highly doubt mop will be out yet, plus there is D3x1, SC2 protoss campaign, Titan Teasers, they could even do previews for WoW 5.1 etc.
    Considering neither Legacy of the Void or D3x1 are probably even in development yet and Blizzcon is only 9 months away, what exactly would they have to show? A teaser for vaporware and a content patch? They don't "LOVE" doing Blizzcon, they love the publicity it brings those products. You pretend like their motivation behind Blizzcon hasn't always been unfettered greed.

But there's nothing to promote, so what's the point? This isn't a fan-run convention that throws these events just for the hell of it, it is a corporate-run advertising campaign.

I love these people who wear the rose-tinted glasses and think that Blizzard's philosophy hasn't always been to make money. Blizzcon was a complete contrivance from the get-go, and I'm actually somewhat impressed that they're smart enough to know that sometimes a corporate circle-jerk isn't always appropriate when there's no product to show.

Not a surprise, they have nothing to announce this year if you check their cycle chronologically.

There you are folks. No Titan announcement until 2013 and release planned for 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    I have just one thing to say... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- I was so planning on going next year, cause I might actually have money. >:

Blizz is soo predictable. I bet that on the BlizzCon 2013 they will announce TONS of stuff like:

Titan
    Diablo 3 1 Expansion
    SC 2 Last expansion
    Wow Last expansion (Burning Legion expac, lvl 100, 2 new hero classes, many changes, bosses like Kil'jaeden (return), final boos: avatar of Sargeras,

and because of lack of BC in 2012, hunger will grow so imagine whole crazines after releasing all these news in 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephh View Post
    World is ending everybody hoard the toilet paper!!!!!!
    Don't forget to grab a brown paper bag!

But yeah, I like looking forward to reading and watching stuff from Blizzcon. Sucks that there won't be one this year, but hopefully it really will help them out with getting things done for the upcoming releases.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

I think we all know what the real reason is. Since the world is ending this year, Blizzard didn't think there would be any point to holding a Blizzcon this year to announce any further projects.

Am i the only person who does not care for titan?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly watch Blizzcon for the tournament stuff anyway so I'm actually pretty excited about this. I can understand their reasons too, they're probably working flat out to get all their stuff done.

I agree with posters who said that blizz simply has nothing to show, and both D3 and MoP are way off (i.e. not earlier than september). The biggest proof is a year subscription that was used to lure the guillible. Enjoy raiding the same thing for a year, haha.Either way, since Activision took over, quality has been on the slide, but the majority of the people nowadays will take any crap thats thrown their way and ask for more.

Thats terrible why in the world would they NOT want to have blizzcon this year? considering they have Mists of Pandaria coming out soon and what. But whatever. way to screw over the fans. To be honest im not entirely that impressed with what Blizzard has come up with lately. Diablo III looks OK but still basically the same game as 10 years ago just with better graphics, and the Panda update looks cool but i really wish they would put more time into adding more stuff to World of Warcraft.......but yeah whatever thats just sad they wont have a blizzcon unless they are shelving Mists of Pandaria for a while? who knows...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnicton View Post
    I think we all know what the real reason is. Since the world is ending this year, Blizzard didn't think there would be any point to holding a Blizzcon this year to announce any further projects.
    Let's see, where's that Mayan announcement...

Dang, can't find that one meme image. Anyway, at the bottom it said "Trolling people since XXXX".
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

What this means: Expect D3 in Q1/Q2 Expect SC2: HotS near Q3, MAYBE Q4 Expect MoP around Q4 (probably another november release)

Quote Originally Posted by Matutin View Post
    So, if no BlizzCon till 2013, when and where this guys are going to announce Pandaria? :O
    It would have been released before any potential blizzcon anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    i bet blizzcon tickets in 2013 will be twice what they cost last year

Quote Originally Posted by Athinah View Post
    Since I have no clue what it is of yet I really am not sure how you could have feeling for or against it

Quote Originally Posted by Evenios View Post
    Thats terrible why in the world would they NOT want to have blizzcon this year? considering they have Mists of Pandaria coming out soon and what. But whatever. way to screw over the fans. To be honest im not entirely that impressed with what Blizzard has come up with lately. Diablo III looks OK but still basically the same game as 10 years ago just with better graphics, and the Panda update looks cool but i really wish they would put more time into adding more stuff to World of Warcraft.......but yeah whatever thats just sad they wont have a blizzcon unless they are shelving Mists of Pandaria for a while? who knows...
    Honestly If blizzard pushes back MoP till next year they are going to loose a LOT of subs for a while. Even people who are pretty loyal fans will probably go try out Star Wars (like myself) Is wow going to die? I hardly doubt that, wow will die when blizzard lets it, because even if they do loose a lot of subs they will always have people paying them for wow as long as they put out content for it.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 06:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buryit View Post
    Since I have no clue what it is of yet I really am not sure how you could have feeling for or against it
    Sorry I should have said that better. That's pretty much what I mean, I do not understand how someone can be excited/disappointed for something that we no absolutely nothing about.
    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8

Quote Originally Posted by Athinah View Post
    How can you not care for something that you've seen literally no assets for? For all you know it might cater to your exact specific tastes and be the best game you'll ever play.

Don't judge something before you know anything about it.

I only care about WoW. So it would have been a boring Blizzcon for me anyway. At best they would have just talked about the next patch.