Thread: Brain teasers?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How do you make seven even?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    /facepalm, assasination mastery increases poison damage, as far as i'm aware envenom doesn't count as poison damage

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by tremors View Post
    you subtract s or an odd integer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    If you divide by zero, let's say 4/0, would it then be 4 because nothing got shared and it would be whole, or nothing because there was no one there to get it?
    Its impossible to divide something by nothing. Theres no division, in mathematical terms its undefined, graphically tends to infinity.

You're stuck in a room with no windows,doors and no way out. All you have is mirror how do you get out. (hint requires elementary grade English and math )
    move out of the reflection?!

------------------------------
    Theres 5 eggs in a basket, 5 persons take one egg each, how come theres still one egg in the basket?
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

Deleted

remove the S?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    how do you proof that you are you if cant use mathematics to support your proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Bikni View Post

move out of the reflection?!
    no sorry. Requires a lot of dumb thinking =P
    /facepalm, assasination mastery increases poison damage, as far as i'm aware envenom doesn't count as poison damage

Theres 5 eggs in a basket, 5 persons take one egg each, how come theres still one egg in the basket?
    The fifth person took the basket with the egg in it.

You're stuck in a room with no windows,doors and no way out. All you have is mirror how do you get out. (hint requires elementary grade English and math )
    one should look in the mirror and see what you saw, take the saw cut the table in half, two halves make a whole, jump in the hole.

You look in the mirror and see what you saw, you take the saw and cut a whole in the wall, which you then use to get out.

That's the one I've heard.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Purifier View Post
    one should look in the mirror and see what you saw, take the saw cut the table in half, two halves make a whole, jump in the hole.
    There was no mention of a table. :P

You're right :0 I heard a different version before and just thought it was the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    You look in the mirror and see what you saw, you take the saw and cut a whole in the wall, which you then use to get out.

That's the one I've heard.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 05:42 PM ----------

There was no mention of a table. :P
    Thats just because he just googled the riddle, i couldn't resist and googled it as well, either the OP posted a different one or forgot that bit, anyways if theres no table my answer is, you looked in the mirror see what you saw, took the saw, cut your wrist and bled to death "escaping" the room.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

Thats just because he just googled the riddle, i couldn't resist and googled it as well, either the OP posted a different one or forgot that bit, anyways if theres no table my answer is, he looked in the mirror see what you saw, take the saw, cut your wrist bleed to death and escape the room.
    Haha no there are a few versions answer to mine(the one i always hear) : Look in the mirror see what you saw take the saw cut the mirror in half two halfs equal a whole.

But yeah there are a few versions. And yall are cheaters =(

Whoever makes it, tells it not. Whoever takes it, knows it not. And whoever knows it wants it not.

Deleted
    Both my parents have three children, but i myself have three siblings how is this possible?

for further information, none of us are adopted and we're all alive.

Number sequence here.

Find the next number, enjoy! I am off to bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purifier View Post
    Whoever makes it, tells it not. Whoever takes it, knows it not. And whoever knows it wants it not.
    Fake money.
    ---------------------
    This one is fairly easy, but I'm too lazy to find something more challenging at the moment

I have towns but no houses. Lakes, but no water. Forests but no trees. And mountains but no rocks. What am I?
    Last edited by Kerath; 2012-01-26 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Added riddle
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Brumsta View Post
    21 Whats the next line in the series?
    ---------
    ?????????
    I love this one. Each line describes the one above.

1 1 - There is 1 x 1
    2 1 - There is 2 x 1
    1 2 1 1 - There is 1 x 2 & 1 x 1

there's suppose to be a table in the room with you as well.

you look in the mirror and see what you saw, you take the saw and saw the table in half, you add the two halves to make a whole, you crawl through the hole and you are now out of the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    One of the 5 is you, therefore you keep your egg in the basket? Or the last one took the egg AND the basket?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I have towns but no houses. Lakes, but no water. Forests but no trees. And mountains but no rocks. What am I?
    A map

---------------------

If you randomly choose an answer to this question, what are the chances you will be correct?

a) 25%
    b) 50%
    c) 0%
    d) 25%
    Last edited by mmoc4fd0b8c673; 2012-01-26 at 11:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mob View Post
    A map

---------------------

If you randomly choose an answer to this question, what are the chances you will be correct?

a) 25%
    b) 50%
    c) 0%
    d) 25%
    Oh dear, I'm crap at these, but I'm going with 50% because two of the answers are the same?
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP