Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    Isays the word marriage implies a man and a woman.
    The problem of going with what "the words imply" is that marriage implies just a man. From the latin word for husband "maritus", which is a derivative of the word "mas", so maritus etymologically means "made man".
    Something similar goes for matrimony, which means etymologically "the trade of being a mother".

So the words themselves do not imply a joining of male and female. They either glorify the act of becoming a full man (or joining to one such), or the fact that there is a mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Hello boys.

I don't know shit about USA politics. I barely know the names of the guys. I know that there's two sides: a Donkey, and an Elephant. The 19th, there was a debate in Florida, and I watched it between two periods of my Ottawa Senators hockey.

At this point, I'm wondering - is the guy you elect really important? I don't know much, but it doesn't seem like the president takes a lot of decisions. He just messages the people about what his party's doing. Now take the next part with a grain of salt; they're MY random thoughts. Enjoy!
    yes and no. the president signs and veto's bills, some of them incredibly stupid and some of them very good.

however, the way congress is set up makes it so that any one side can basically make it so that nothing gets done which includes getting bills passed, and since the president needs congress for bills to pass, you can see where this is going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence