Thread: Inner will/fire

Deleted

Inner will/fire

Hi im new to pvp disc priest.
    in arena what do you normally use will or fire??
    if u change it, then it what situations you use what??

Inner will unless you get heavily focues by a melee cleave. If so, switch to Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Inner will unless you get heavily focues by a melee cleave. If so, switch to Fire.
    If you're getting heavily focused, you don't have the GCD to survive 0 healing.

Glyph Inner Fire, and run Inner Fire. You get most of the movement speed from a boot enchant anyways.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post

Glyph Inner Fire, and run Inner Fire. You get most of the movement speed from a boot enchant anyways.
    True if the other team has a strong melee comp..

Still glyph Inner Fire, but if the other team is a spell cleave you're going to want the mana over 4/6% damage taken on yourself

Completely wrong.

If you walk out the gates and see any type of double melee cleave you switch to inner fire straight away. Gylph of inner fire is a waste, no respectable priest uses it. Just looking at the ladder the top 5 priests all use Gylph of PoM, and the top priest even uses fear ward over inner fire.

Inner will is used for the insane mana efficiency, when you're casting bubbles / PoMs / renews non-stop it goes a long way and when you are spec'd into it (which most do) it gives you 16% move speed, which is double what the boot enchant does.
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2012-01-26 at 09:54 PM.

Yeah I tend to do the opposite at the start of the match, inner fire out the gates and then if I find out I'm not going to need it switch then to inner will.

I just don't like surprise openers and double stealth teams that come out as feral frost etc.

otherwise I agree with the above post

I always start the game with Inner Fire until I know what I'm up against, as some enemy rogues will stealth / spring to get an early sap on you. If you're not in Inner Fire you may find things go rapidly downhill if the rogue opens up on you.

I am in Inner Fire 95% of the time in the arena with a few exceptions, the primary one being when the enemy is not attempting to damage me. In that case the extra movement speed is highly useful for making sure I can "pillar hump" to avoid CC effects. The other main exception is when the enemy is moderately damaging me (say, a mage or a warlock) but there's a priest who can mana burn. In that case the movement speed and mana savings trump the damage reduction, as the fight is likely to be won and lost on the mana burn war.

I did not mean for him to change it when he get's switched, you have to decide when the game begins and you see your comp.

Running with lavawalker and Inner fire will oom you in notime, good luck winning anything over 2k rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use innerfire mostly. Inner will is probably what you should use if you're not being focused.