Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I'll make it a point to do LFR on my Druid tomorrow and check it out again. All I know is I was pleasantly surprised to be able to Shred Ultraxion the first time I ever fought him due to the fact I'm not behind him, and I did LFR a couple of weeks ago on my Druid and was still able to Shred him. So unless something changed in the past two weeks, you should be able to. The information I've found online, including on Fluid Druid, are saying that it is possible to Shred Ultraxion. Apparently, Druids need to move back and forth a bit to find the spot where it can be done. I've never noticed that issue, though??? For the most part, it looks like Druids just assumed they couldn't so they never tried. But I'll come back tomorrow with screen shots if I'm able to do it, and if I'm not, I'll just post that I couldn't.

To the OP, if it's true you can't Shred on Ultraxion, that guild is not a good match for you. They should know that and not test you on that particular boss. They should test you on a boss like Yor'sahj where they can tell you to just stay on the boss when the adds spawn. My guild has me do that on my Rogue, so it's not like it's going to take away from the guild's effort to kill the ooze (assuming I didn't get the names of those two bosses confused).

The whole Shred on Ultraxion issue could also be getting two bosses mixed up. I know who Ultraxion is, so it might be that I think it's him I did it on but it was really another boss. I'll have to see.
    I can confirm you cannot shred. Did LFR Ultra again and also Regular Ultra. Not shredable.

The whole Shred on Ultraxion issue could also be getting two bosses mixed up. I know who Ultraxion is, so it might be that I think it's him I did it on but it was really another boss. I'll have to see.
    You are thinking about Spine/Madness where pretty much everything can be shredded from the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Yes, and that might have been why you failed. Maybe he wanted to see if you would do as he said, no matter how stupid it was.
    If one of the raid leading officers tells you to do something(ingame) during a raid, the correct reaction should be to do it, even if it sounds stupid.
    If it is, that's the officers failure, not yours. That's kind of their job, after all.

This kind of test would therefore be entirely nonsensical and counterintuitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    So i recently went guild hunting, found one and the trial was to dps ultra..In LFR
    Im a 389 ilevel feral kitty with mostly LFR gear. I pulled 37 k, is this low? because all i got after the run was :l
    I don't know what people expect. any suggestions? or...input because im confused.
    There is not enough information.
    If you are applying to 8/8 guild than 37k dps on LFR ultraxion is not enough. Oh maybe its 6/8 guild that is sitting on spine, and they need decent geared kitty to tank blood?
    There can be multiple reasons to reject applicant. Maybe your application was not written very well? Or maybe you had bad reforges/gems? Or maybe your normal mode experience was pretty poor? Or maybe you just can't attend all their raids?

Ultraxion LFR dps is 3-4k higher than heroic Ultraxion DPS because fight is shorter and you can ignore mechanics.
    It means that on heroic ultraxion you will do 34k dps, and its pretty low, it means that others will have to carry you to kill this boss. Also there should be a good reason to gear 389 character.

So.. give us additional information about the guild that rejected you and other details about your application. Why did not you talk to this guy btw? Like explaining that ferals have 7% dps penalty on this boss due to inability to dps from behind?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    There is not enough information.
    If you are applying to 8/8 guild than 37k dps on LFR ultraxion is not enough. Oh maybe its 6/8 guild that is sitting on spine, and they need decent geared kitty to tank blood?
    There can be multiple reasons to reject applicant. Maybe your application was not written very well? Or maybe you had bad reforges/gems? Or maybe your normal mode experience was pretty poor? Or maybe you just can't attend all their raids?

Ultraxion LFR dps is 3-4k higher than heroic Ultraxion DPS because fight is shorter and you can ignore mechanics.
    It means that on heroic ultraxion you will do 34k dps, and its pretty low, it means that others will have to carry you to kill this boss. Also there should be a good reason to gear 389 character.

So.. give us additional information about the guild that rejected you and other details about your application. Why did not you talk to this guy btw? Like explaining that ferals have 7% dps penalty on this boss due to inability to dps from behind?
    How is 37 k dps not enough for a 8/8 guild lol i clear Dragon Soul every week normal mode and maybe heroic Mor. in pugs and i will always be at the top of the meter first or second place. Obviously im not ready for more than that. The guild was 8/8 pushing 1/8. The application didnt go through, Hence why they wanted me to do LFR, Some website issues officer or recruiter said its been happening often.

10+ Year Old Account
    37k being too LOW?

I can barely sustain 15k on my lock...
    My Main is Melithiria (90 Lock)

The Left-Hand Path is the brightest path I have ever walked upon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Works View Post
    How is 37 k dps not enough for a 8/8 guild lol i clear Dragon Soul every week normal mode and maybe heroic Mor. in pugs and i will always be at the top of the meter first or second place. Obviously im not ready for more than that. The guild was 8/8 pushing 1/8. The application didnt go through, Hence why they wanted me to do LFR, Some website issues officer or recruiter said its been happening often.
    I always forget to put that "h" in the end of the 8/8, I just think that its self-evident.

So you was rejected by 1/8h guild?
    Its not about your dps.
    Last edited by Fiana; 2012-01-27 at 06:16 AM.

I'll make it a point to do LFR on my Druid tomorrow and check it out again. All I know is I was pleasantly surprised to be able to Shred Ultraxion the first time I ever fought him due to the fact I'm not behind him, and I did LFR a couple of weeks ago on my Druid and was still able to Shred him. So unless something changed in the past two weeks, you should be able to. The information I've found online, including on Fluid Druid, are saying that it is possible to Shred Ultraxion. Apparently, Druids need to move back and forth a bit to find the spot where it can be done. I've never noticed that issue, though??? For the most part, it looks like Druids just assumed they couldn't so they never tried. But I'll come back tomorrow with screen shots if I'm able to do it, and if I'm not, I'll just post that I couldn't.

To the OP, if it's true you can't Shred on Ultraxion, that guild is not a good match for you. They should know that and not test you on that particular boss. They should test you on a boss like Yor'sahj where they can tell you to just stay on the boss when the adds spawn. My guild has me do that on my Rogue, so it's not like it's going to take away from the guild's effort to kill the ooze (assuming I didn't get the names of those two bosses confused).

It definitely isn't ultrax, you can't attack ultrax from behind :P

You can attack madness and tentacles on madness from behind(while being in the front) and also the drakes on warmaster, they are the only ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

I just did LFR, and I definitely had the bosses mixed up. It was Deathwing I'm able to Shred despite being in front of the mobs, not Ultraxion.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Were there other members of the guild you were apping to in the LFR? If so, how did they do by comparison? That's what I would have made sure of.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Deleted
    I just did LFR, and I definitely had the bosses mixed up. It was Deathwing I'm able to Shred despite being in front of the mobs, not Ultraxion.
    yeah we knew that....

OP can we get an armory link?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    Were there other members of the guild you were apping to in the LFR? If so, how did they do by comparison? That's what I would have made sure of.
    There was one guild member, im guessing the recruiter.
    Was a boomkin, with legendary- Pulled 41 k if i recall correctly.
    We both ignored Heroic Will.

They just didn't like you. w.e find another guild plenty out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    did 35362 dps today on Ultra 10 man Normal, full 397, no vial no spine trinkets, with 397 Spire, dont be fooled, shred makes a big difference in our DPS.

33k dps on Warmaster
    55k dps on Zonoz
    30k Spine
    61k dps on Madness, 75k dps in LFR
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø