Titan, Gamebreaker speculation thread.

Alright, short and sweet.

Watching the gamebreaker live stream show, and there is a link they linked that showed that Blizzard is hireing for someone thats good with add placements (Like in game stuff)

So the speculation is that

- Its modern day
    - In game adds
    - F2P

What do you guys think about this?

Edit: Modern day because modern day adds sorta deal. Basic jist of it.

Sounds just about as plausible as any of the other speculations about titan, but it's impossible to credit one speculation more than another because we simply still don't know anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    Sounds just about as plausible as any of the other speculations about titan, but it's impossible to credit one speculation more than another because we simply still don't know anything about it.
    I agree, while i do think the post Apoc sort of fall out thing would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldn't mind if it was ad supported as long as the ads were like, in game ( Like billboards, but with real ads on them )

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    i wouldn't mind if it was ad supported as long as the ads were like, in game ( Like billboards, but with real ads on them )
    Yeah, why they suggested that it would be a modern day setting.

Nike adds in a high fantasy or sci fi wouldnt work.

My guess as i said before was a fall out sort of thing.

wtb more information.. hoping for something game changing :P!

Probably set in modern day, and played in real time, like a RL simulator.

Basically designed so basement dwellers can experience 'real life' without having to be exposed to sunlight... or real girls.

theirs adds in SC2 so i wouldn't mind it in my mmo as long as i dont have to watch a commercial BEFORE loading into something, or in fact having to watch commercials at all might be a game breaker

Quote Originally Posted by fiireballz View Post
    Yeah, why they suggested that it would be a modern day setting.

Nike adds in a high fantasy or sci fi wouldnt work.

My guess as i said before was a fall out sort of thing.
    It could work a certain degree for SC2 if they wanted to have in game ads (doodads with pepsi logo for example) during esport type of events.

As long as they are not items or commercials then im ok with it so long as its not excessive. I would guess that it would probably be B2P or some payment system other than F2P. Blizzard has mentioned about how F2P is becomming more popular but I cant see them doing a F2P type game. In game ads doesn't mean the game is going to be cheaper or have no monthly fee.

The game had better be F2P if there's gonna be ads in it...

I highly doubt, knowing blizzard, and speculation that it's a new MMO would be F2P right off the bat. I also highly doubt blizzard would use product placement in a videogame.

Last time I checked, Blizzard would make less money releasing a F2P MMO, so you can pretty much scratch out that idea.

With real adds it will indeed most likely be F2P... although I was under the impression that WOW would go F2P and Titan would go by subscriptions.

I've heard from random speculative comments that it would be a FPS genre, but I've yet to see a fun/successful shooter RPG... and RPG is Blizzard's strength. I just don't see them trying to compete with BF3 or MW3...

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I suspect Blizzcon 2013 will be in 2013 Q1 or Q2 (Blizzcon 2012 not happening) once D3, MoP and SC2 part 2 are cleared out of the way and that's when they'll most likely announce Titan.

I'm honestly more curious about the name itself. I know Titan is 95% a code name, but I guess it might be possible they end up just naming the game Titan if that gets enough hype ?

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 10:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Last time I checked, Blizzard would make less money releasing a F2P MMO, so you can pretty much scratch out that idea.
    That's stupid. The F2P market is huge. If WOW went F2P, they might even break 100M "active" accounts and you only need a small % of that playerbase to buy transfers, name changes, pets, mounts, titles or custom looks to make a LOT of money. Sure they won't go F2P now, but if Titan forces players to choose between 2 subscriptions (WOW or Titan) then they might end up making WOW F2P and Titan subscription based. Under 4M active accounts, WOW would probably do better with a F2P model. There are just so many random people that never tried WOW because it is subscription based that the market would be enormous.

adds as in mobs or advertisements?
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    adds as in mobs or advertisements?
    Main tank on the coca-cola machine, off pick up the sprite ad(d)s, make sure and pick up the lemon-lime power up when sprite adds go down.

Sounds like a fun game actually

Im all for wondering about titan but do we really need to make a new thread speculating about it every 3 days?

I heard an idea/speculation that was really cool and it was basically Titan would have a fast paced, yet still rps focused combat system (similar to Skyrim/Fallout), and be set in a semi-futuristic modern setting. And also saying that since good MMO's need a large array of environments, it might be travelling to different Earthern civilizations throughout the world, or something similar. They way it was explained made it sound awesome.

Closing this, there's already a thread discussing Titan recently and there are about a dozen other threads speculating on Titan that can be used to continue discussion.