Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    The fanboy comment was valid years back but now the iPhone has become synonymous with smartphone. Even people that know shit about technology go for the iPhone because it is a great mesh of software and hardware. Combining design and UI beauty with functionality.
    Wow... I have an Iphone and love but that has to be the biggest apple asskissing post I have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Ain't that odd when they charge twice the usual price for hardware
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Basically this just proves that releasing the same product with a couple upgrades will is profitable.
    Exactly this, getting sickening like call of duty every year that everybody flocks too because its the "bro" game of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by ElementalThreat View Post
    It's funny, because you act like Apple is the only company that does so.
    Its funny because Apple has built it's reputation acting like the only company that didn't.
    What's hilarious is that Apple is now pretty much the company they lampooned in the classic "1984" commercial. It's all about conformity, the Cult of Jobs, and blind allegiance to products that are no longer "all that".

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    i dont trust a brand that releases a new iphone every 6 months with little difference between them
    Yeah because technology only advances every 5 years am i right ? NO one forces anyone to buy the phones. If you want the upgrade get it, just like when a new car model comes out next year, you don't need to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by zwoopaman View Post
    Thank god for cheap labour in China!
    I know right!

This just shows that there is too many hipsters and spoiled kids in the world

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    Just shows people are willing to buy into anything that happens to become a fashion statement.

Most of it's still shit, and I don't want anything to do with apple products, and I know a huge amount of people who feel the same way.
    And other people will hate anything that becomes a "fashion statement" never been an apple fan boy but I prefer ipods to other music devices. Never wanted a smart phone of any kind so don't have an iphone or android etc, got an ipod touch 32g and really it's not "shit" in anyway. Every APP that I've seen someone mention is on the Apple app store and often with a note saying "coming soon to android" or something, never coming soon to apple.

It has 0 technical problems, and after having for about a year I accidentally put it in the wash (forgot to empty my pockets) next day went to apple store and they replaced it on the spot. Not an apple fan boy like I said, typing this on a PC with windows7, but hate people who refer to popular technology as "shit" or suggest people only buy it because it's a "fashion statement"

Quote Originally Posted by kindohein View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S II - $500
    iPhones 4S - $650

$150 difference != as much as
    Who the heck buys the phone full price without a contract ? they are both 200.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Besides Ipods and ipads they got nothing, google is dominating more then they ever did.
    Agreeing on this, people who buy iMacs/other apple products other than iPad/iPod is:
    1. People who want simplicity, they don't care how they treat their computers. (Old people)
    2. Trying to be hipster, while they're mainstream now. (Hipsters)
    3. Businessmen trying to impress (75% of business men used macs last time I was in a 5* hotel)
    4. Spoiled college students using them as 2000$ Facebook machines whilst complaining about financial problems.
    5. People who acturally use their mac for something productive.

This is my experience with Apple users/fanboys
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Frankly I don't understand that growth last year. I mean I have nothing against Apple even though I don't really have a Mac but how did that even happen, that's what I don't get. New iPhone was basicly the old one with better camera and Siri, not sure what iPad 2 brought but it was no revolution either compared to the 1st one, MacBooks too... It's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenimage View Post
    Who the heck buys the phone full price without a contract ? they are both 200.
    Some of us, for example, have paid phone+data from out employer but would get a new phone every 2 years and it certainly wouldn't be the latest iPhone.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2012-01-26 at 07:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As with every success story behind a giant company like Apple, there's the smaller companies who've provided the parts for their phones, ipads, etc. that have been having a ride to success on the back of Apple too. Some of their providers have seen bigger percentage based stock price increases thanks to just how much Apple have been asking from them and they've been providing it.

The possible downside to this is that some of those companies have been neglecting other companies they provide parts for, such as Android phones, to such an extent that they've ended up having to help them find different providers due to all of their efforts going toward providing for Apple. I hope the growth can be sustained and they don't end up growing too fast then failing horribly if/when Apple don't renew their contract.

It would also seem that, while profits are up, the stock increase for Apple isn't really that well respected amongst stock holders. The rise in profits and the rise in stock price that usually happens as a result has too great a range difference. The expected increase in stock prices was higher than the actual increase. apparently Apple are just sitting on the cash they make so not as much goes back to the stock holder. I wonder what they plan to do with it - 97.6 billion - for the future..
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-01-26 at 07:59 AM.

Deleted
    One problem I have with apple is that you cant buy the software without overpriced apple hardware. Only option then is use hackintosh which isnt very legal.
    Not going to comment on phones...

the only people here hating are the people who dont own an apple product... honestly... ive had both, pc and mac for ever, and at the moment, mac wins, mac wins in tablets, my iphone feels like a phone not a cheap piece of plastic... cough android/blackberry... people are going to hate on my post because their conservative minds cant open to new products and new ideas... but I dont really care. If you are going to hate on something, use it first, and I dont mean try it for 10 minutes... I mean use it....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Agreeing on this, people who buy iMacs/other apple products other than iPad/iPod is:
    1. People who want simplicity, they don't care how they treat their computers. (Old people)
    2. Trying to be hipster, while they're mainstream now. (Hipsters)
    3. Businessmen trying to impress (75% of business men used macs last time I was in a 5* hotel)
    4. Spoiled college students using them as 2000$ Facebook machines whilst complaining about financial problems.
    5. People who acturally use their mac for something productive.

This is my experience with Apple users/fanboys
    Windows users:
    1. People who want their computer to be a "project" because they think it's "cool"
    2. Anti-hipsters who try to defend using the same thing as 90% of others as being "cool" because they're deliberately being just like everyone else.
    3. Teenagers who think everyone else values those $100 they could save by building their own machine as much as they do.
    4. Gamers
    5. Actual productive users

Do you see what I did?

(Some notes:
    My first computer? Spectravideo SVI-328 (64kB RAM, 16 kB VRAM, 32 kB ROM, 3.6MHz Zilog Z80 CPU)
    Windows versions I've used? 3.1, 3.11 for WG, NT3.51, NT4, 2k, 95/98/98SE, XP, 2k3, 2k8.
    Linux user since? mid-90s, technically I started on BSD and then went hopped around between distros, mostly using Slack and RH until around the turn of the millenium, then I went to FreeBSD
    Mac user since? 2006, I find it to be a competent UNIX system that "Just works", an opinion clearly shared by other software developers, just go to a developer conference and look at what laptops people are using if you don't believe me...)

Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post
    Honestly, I used to be just like you. Then I got a free itouch at a holiday party 1 year ago. My mind was blown by how awesome and easy to use it was. I eventually ended up buying an imac as my primary computer, and it works great; without a doubt the simplest computer I've ever had, never crashes, and runs every game at 60+ FPS on max settings at 2560x1440.

Honestly, stop living in 2002, and go into 2012. And at least try the products before bashing them.
    And you could have had something that performed just as well for half the price if you didn't buy an apple product. You also wouldn't need to bootcamp your mac or run a windows partition to play any major titles minus World of Warcraft.

Honestly, you're just buying into the hype and purchasing a ridiculously overpriced product that just carries the apple name.

Apple does make quality products, but so does pretty much every other competitor in the market. As it has been said before many times in this thread its all about the advertising. Apple does it well, better than anyone else and makes their products seem to be the must have at the time.

My stepfather was one of the first people in Sweden with a Mac, so I've used Mac since I was 10, now, he is a true "Apple fanboy", the only one in my family that got a pc is my brother that plays Non-Mac friendly games, all got an iPhone, 3GS or higher, we got some iPads, loads of iPods and such, we love Apple, some people are better suited for Apple than for other companies.

Yeah, Windows might be leading with somethings *coughgamingcough* but Apple is STILL leading over the other companies, perhaps because it's so easy to use.

Also notice that Macs are better than PCs in some ways, Macs can use iOS-X AND Windows, PC's can't.

And,m ,lastly, shouldn't we really call Macs "PC", since Macintosh WAS the first PC

Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    What's hilarious is that Apple is now pretty much the company they lampooned in the classic "1984" commercial. It's all about conformity, the Cult of Jobs, and blind allegiance to products that are no longer "all that".
    A thousand times this.

I have an SGS2 and i prefer Android, not because i have tried iOS - but because i cant stand the way Apple "competes" by throwing hissyfit lawsuits when other companies bring new products to market to compete with apple.

Also, Steve Jobs might have brought useability to smartphones - but he was still a douchebag. Remember his "good artist copy, great artists steal"... - and then nerdraging like crazy when Google brought out Android...
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mludd View Post
    Windows users:
    1. People who want their computer to be a "project" because they think it's "cool"
    2. Anti-hipsters who try to defend using the same thing as 90% of others as being "cool" because they're deliberately being just like everyone else.
    3. Teenagers who think everyone else values those $100 they could save by building their own machine as much as they do.
    4. Gamers
    5. Actual productive users

Do you see what I did?
    Yea...I see what you did but it wasn't as good as the mac one, or even accurate. You overused the word cool. I built my own PC not because it's "cool" but because it was fun...and I've never seen anyone say "Windows is better because 90% of people use it and therefore its cool!" no....no one (well maybe the odd weirdo) uses a PC to be cool....

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    And,m ,lastly, shouldn't we really call Macs "PC", since Macintosh WAS the first PC
    By that logic we should call them "Micrals" as the "Micral N" was the first computer you didnt have to assemble/build yourself - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_computer

And why would anyone put that unsecure PoS software that OS X is on his/hers PC? - its been proven time and time again a hacker conferences that its so unsecure it like doing a break&enter in a house of cardboard. Windows on the other hand has been hammered for years forcing MS to (rightfully) strengthen its security.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.