Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementalThreat View Post
    This is why more game companies need to support Macs.
    yup, wish tor was optimized for my ipod / ipad

Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    Just shows people are willing to buy into anything that happens to become a fashion statement.

Most of it's still shit, and I don't want anything to do with apple products, and I know a huge amount of people who feel the same way.
    Cool opinion you have there. Too bad most people in the tech industry disagree with you. iOS is still the #1 mobile operating system, the iPhone is still the most sophisticated piece of hardware in mobile tech, and the MacBook line are the most well-built consumer computers in existence.

The iPad had zero competition until a few months ago (ASUS Transformer) and the MacBook Air had no competition until a few weeks ago (the amazing new Ultrabooks viewed at CES)

Being an anti-Apple fanatic is just as bad as being an Apple fanatic. Just for the record.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Sadly Apple sales have little to do with actual quality of their products. Not saying the Quality is bad mind you, but the amount of money they spend on advertising would far outweighs any quality concerns the general public may have. Apple has the best and most comprehensive marketing plan in the industry, and it is paying dividends.
    And I hope Windows 8 has a great marketing campaign because some competition in the tablet space would be awesome. Google does jack squat advertising, But Microsoft is the only company that can match Apple (MS bank= ~106B, Apple Bank= ~94B).

I'm really looking forward to this year in tech.
    I remember it all too well

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    The fanboy comment was valid years back but now the iPhone has become synonymous with smartphone. Even people that know shit about technology go for the iPhone because it is a great mesh of software and hardware. Combining design and UI beauty with functionality.

Wow because that doesnt sound like its straight out of a commercial or anything. Yup youre definitely one of those aforementioned zombie fanboys.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    Just shows people are willing to buy into anything that happens to become a fashion statement.

Most of it's still shit, and I don't want anything to do with apple products, and I know a huge amount of people who feel the same way.
    This. Times a thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyaku View Post
    Wow because that doesnt sound like its straight out of a commercial or anything. Yup youre definitely one of those aforementioned zombie fanboys.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 08:34 PM ----------

This. Times a thousand.
    I'm posting this comment on a Windows 7 PC and within arms reach is my Nexus S, iPod Touch and Macbook.
    I remember it all too well

I'm not sure how that's a shock... If you sell outdated pieces of hardware that you produce for very cheap and charge 2-3 times more than its worth, your profits will go up. Now, claim that the grass is greener on your side of your fence to computer illiterate people and (because you're the only one offering this miracle product) make lots of money.

Especially when you claim that old technology, re-branded under a different name (Video chat! Sorry, I meant Facetime) and people fall for it, well... Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by zwoopaman View Post
    Thank god for cheap labour in China!
    I guess you forgot that the same company that produces iPads and iPods also manufactures the Xbox.

i dont see all the fuss tbh. i'd rather pay half the price for something that i can modify and upgrade myself.

When you employ 43,000 US employees making you $400,000 profit per employee but contract out over 700,000 chinese workers at Foxconn making $2 an hour, I'd say you would have a record setting quarter too.

Lets not get into the discussion of the government stifling or not stifling manufacturing growth in the united states because thats a whole other can of worms.

Despite having some great hardware, it's hard for me to completely like Apple since iTunes is just so... awful. It totally kills the entire experience for me since everything is built around it. Apple is getting better, with iCloud allowing you to transfer things now, but I don't think you can completely escape iTunes yet. That said, I'm not a gigantic fan of iCloud, or for that matter, most Apple software doesn't click with me. I think Windows is the much better desktop OS and Android is the slightly better mobile OS.

Apple really does have Gen X and Gen Y by the balls, and it looks like Gen Z will be following suit, so I wouldn't doubt Apple to be the new "standard" in computing in the near future. Who knows, maybe a few generations down the line will hate Apple since it'll be too popular, just like the current Gen X'ers and Gen Y'ers hate Microsoft for being the old defacto.
    Last edited by detectivekr; 2012-01-26 at 04:52 AM.

I'm an Apple fangirl because I like my tech products not only functional but user friendly. I do have a problem with the company they use (FoxConn) to make their iPods and iPads but Microsoft uses the same company to produce their goods. In fact it's hard to find a major tech company that doesn't use FoxConn to manufacture their goods. My Apple products have been the most reliable electronics I've ever purchased.

Now if only more games like SWTOR were Mac friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by RaffleSpike View Post
    Android still leads. Nuff' Said.
    Agreed. I've been using iphone4, then bought samsung sgs2 and I liked it better. Its not that i hate apple, in fact, i admire them for what they did in mobile devices industry. But, like it or not, there are new players on the field. Btw read what Wozniak says bout android. He is explaining it pretty much the same way i feel about this.
    Навахо - druid 85
    Будда - warlock 85
    Кул - rogue 83
    Адвил - priest 82
    Клик - mage 80
    Ямастер - death knight 80
    Чикис - warrior 77
    Джетсет - paladin 76
    Кензу - shaman 74
    Коп - hunter 72

I to this day have never owned an Apple product, just because of how much I see my friends Apple products fail (one of the friends is a Customer Support jockey at Apple and is amazed at the amount of broken/failed hardware he hears bout), and the fact that every 4 months there is a re-re-re-release of the same product with an extra bell or whistle on it.

Many companies make Many devices that are On-par with all Apple Products, and for 1/4 of the price.

Of course you are going to have huge revenue when all you need to do is slap an Apple logo on something and the hipsters and fanboys froth at the mouth and pay exorbitant amounts of extra money for a machine will similar functionality to some that is soo much cheaper.

And yes, I know other companies machines fail and such, I just don't see the reasoning of paying 4x as much for a brand logo.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, they should have founders die more often, great for profits.

In all seriousness, I do like my little iPod Nano.
    Last edited by Clevername; 2012-01-26 at 05:21 AM.

I will never own an apple product and neither does anyone else that i know after i point out their blatant lies to the consumer about their products.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never understood the popularity of Apple computers.

iPhone, iPad and iPod? Yeah, I get those. But not the computers. They've always been twice as expensive and half as powerful as a PC. That's what I've never understood. When I bought my current laptop, the iMac with comparible stats was twice the price.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyaku View Post
    I cant stand Apple. And i dont see how all the fan girls and fan boys will buy everything they spit out religiously. Its weird to say the least.
    Apple's rise had a lot to do with marketing. They convinced a younger generation that their products were a must need in today's world. And well.. at this point they pretty much are in many ways.

Probably one of the best things they did was make things easy to use. Even when they began in the industry, they were the kings of making technology easier to use. Today, they still do the same thing which makes them a favorite with a generation that doesn't want to read manuals in order to make a product function. This is something a lot of companies fail miserably with.

Quote Originally Posted by ElementalThreat View Post
    Macs really dont have anything to do with their success. If they relied on macs alone, they would go bankrupt in a month.

So people would spend 1,200 for a computer because its from Apple, rather than spend 600 dollars for the exact same specs but windows (better operating system too).

Pretty much sums up why we are so much in debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Apple's rise had a lot to do with marketing. They convinced a younger generation that their products were a must need in today's world. And well.. at this point they pretty much are in many ways.

Probably one of the best things they did was make things easy to use. Even when they began in the industry, they were the kings of making technology easier to use. Today, they still do the same thing which makes them a favorite with a generation that doesn't want to read manuals in order to make a product function. This is something a lot of companies fail miserably with.
    nailed it.

noob friendly + good looking + lots of marketing = success

Now if only more games like SWTOR were Mac friendly.
    Ohoho. Assuming it should be up to the game manufacturer to spend time and resources to make their game work on a platform with a 10% user base, rather than the responsibility of the creator of the platform. Why can't apple make games "just work", as they like to claim everything does on their miracle OS?