First Time Builder looking for critique on chosen parts.

Hey all, I'm from Australia so everything I list will be in AUD.

Budget: $1000
    Resolution: 1920x1080 (my native resolution so couldn't really settle for less)
    Games: Mainly WoW, Swtor, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2. Medium to high settings.
    Parts to be reused All my current peripherals I will reuse. So the $1000 budget is for the tower only.

Parts Currently in my cart:
    Cpu: i5 2500k (not using aftermarket cooler straight away but DO plan to OC in the future)
    Mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    PSU: Seasonic M12II 520W Modular PSU
    GPU: MSI Radeon HD6850 Cyclone Power Edition OC (plan to update to current gen card when the NEW gen comes out in march-april)
    RAM: G.Skill Sniper F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
    Case: CoolerMaster Centurion 5 II Black (No PSU)
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB ST500DM002
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS70 24x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM

Would be grateful for critique here and ask me any questions you need.

Very unsure on which GPU to get and this one seems fairly cheap and decent to last me until I purchase a much more powerful card in the near future.

If the 6870 is only a little bit more, go with it. 650TX V2 might be a better PSU choice.

Well if you don't plan to Sli/Xfire and OC for a while, you could always buy a non-OC mobo with 1 GPU slot to save 30+ $. Then you can get an Ivy Bridge mobo with more options in the future.

I had a look at the prices for the 6870 and the 650TX V2 and have added them in for a mere 20 dollars which I'm happy about.
    (Sapphire Radeon HD6870 1GB [11179-09-41G] and Corsair TX-650 V2 Power Supply)

In response to the SLI question, no I don't plan on doing SLI/Xfire and especially not before the ivy bridge stuff comes out. Could you recommend a good mobo to use instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Minisimp View Post
    I had a look at the prices for the 6870 and the 650TX V2 and have added them in for a mere 20 dollars which I'm happy about.
    (Sapphire Radeon HD6870 1GB [11179-09-41G] and Corsair TX-650 V2 Power Supply)

In response to the SLI question, no I don't plan on doing SLI/Xfire and especially not before the ivy bridge stuff comes out. Could you recommend a good mobo to use instead?
    The Asrock Pro3 Gen3 is a pretty good mobo with OC room; it's not really that much cheaper (I guess 15-25$) than other Sli/Xfire options, but it's money saved.
    Gigabyte has some cheaper boards too.
    If you're not looking for specific features, you can always just wait for some nice Weekly deals on Newegg and grab a 100-120 (after savings) mobo with decent reviews.

Where you can get a lot of savings is with non-OC mobos like the H67 and H61 series.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    great looking build, i would stick with your intended MB personally, never know when a PCIE slot comes in handy...and according to reviews it is a stellar one, wish i got that instead of mine(the flat black board made me do it i swear! lol)
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga