Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Druids are a bit behind, but we're not in the least broken. Imo, we're still fairly competitive on certain fights and while we not top HPS on every fight, there are still fights we claim first on. Priest/Shammie/Druid are all pretty equal, Pallies are just the OP class this patch :/

Your resto druids should do about equal HPS overall with the other healers. A pally will be slightly higher. HOWEVER the problem is we did get nerfed with no dmg mitigation CDs to compensate. So we are currently raiding with a slight handicap. Since it is not so bad as to prevent us from raiding (except for hardcore grps that have already replaced resto druids with pally alts etc), Blizz does not look like they are going to give two sh*ts about it till MOP. If the druids HPS are much lower then other healers at equal ilvl, then they are doing something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem isn't our effective healing/hps sucking. It's bad, but not completely broken which is why we are fine in most 10s and reg modes. The problem is HM encounters favor everyone but us. When looking at recruiting someone for progression there is just no real need to pick a druid over anyone if you have equally skilled/geared apps.

And as far as hps goes, regs druids can keep up most fights. In HMs a few fights where good on too(hps wise, this has nothing to do if were good to take due to CDs). If you are topping meters every fight your other healers are really terrible. Way too many fights favor HR, pally healing in gen, and hpriests.

I know this might be a bit off topic, but I couldn't find anywhere to ask.
    I picked up Maw of the Dragonlord yesterday in LFR but I'm not sure wether to use it or stick to my Vagarise of Time normal version. I lose a lot of spell power and of course crit and haste.
    Don't know if you need to know my stats to know which one to use, but I have roughly 9,5k spell power and 15% haste.

Deleted
    I dont really understand i am always top on healing on my druid just make sure haste cap. but this was at the start off cata and i have quited like 3 months ago so dunno what there like now

Quote Originally Posted by Mekekek View Post
    I know this might be a bit off topic, but I couldn't find anywhere to ask.
    I picked up Maw of the Dragonlord yesterday in LFR but I'm not sure wether to use it or stick to my Vagarise of Time normal version. I lose a lot of spell power and of course crit and haste.
    Don't know if you need to know my stats to know which one to use, but I have roughly 9,5k spell power and 15% haste.
    There are a lot of threads about this. Someone correct me if I am wrong but LFR Maw is better then Regular healing weapons (except of course reg maw etc). Keep both. Use maw on Stack fights, and use the other weapon on Hag and Ship, where this is less stacking. On stack fights, Maw will do between 5% and 9% of your healing done.

Deleted
    As alot already said, the problem is that they both nerfed the healing on Wild Growth (which was needed), but they also nerfed our CD on it.
    Make it like priests on CoH - Increase manacost by 20% and let it hit one more target. That would bring us back imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    As alot already said, the problem is that they both nerfed the healing on Wild Growth (which was needed), but they also nerfed our CD on it.
    Make it like priests on CoH - Increase manacost by 20% and let it hit one more target. That would bring us back imo.
    They didn't nerf the cooldown on WG. They changed Glyph of WG, which added extra cooldown time IF you choose to use that glyph. That glyph isn't always the best choice, and if you want to maximize healing, you should carry a stack of dust, so you can swap that glyph as required for the fight.

Anyways, on topic, Druid healing is fine, as long as the druid knows how to gear. All int gems, no hybrids unless needed for meta, haste to 2005. Easy.

My group just picked up raiding a couple of weeks ago and we're now getting into heroics. On Morchok I'm fine on my druid (because well, it's Morchok :P) but on Yor'sahj I had to switch to my less-geared pally, just because their toolkit is so much better for those mechanics. We'll be trying Ultraxion tomorrow and I'm still unsure which to bring. Obviously there's druids that can still compete in heroics but I feel it's easier to bring my pally if it helps us get progression kills more quickly.

Overall like most people have said, druids are the weakest this tier. In normal DS they're still great, but a lot of the mechanics in heroics favor shaman and pallies. However, if you're a druid healing WITH either of these, that makes it a lot easier for us!

The major problem is that they nerved our throughput without giving us any damage mitigation tools. I feel completely useless on my druid in heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    There are a lot of threads about this. Someone correct me if I am wrong but LFR Maw is better then Regular healing weapons (except of course reg maw etc). Keep both. Use maw on Stack fights, and use the other weapon on Hag and Ship, where this is less stacking. On stack fights, Maw will do between 5% and 9% of your healing done.
    Yep, LFR Maw > normal weapons for stacking fights, despite the lack of secondary stats, for sure.

Deleted
    Druid is still great in PvE. Has a different role than a Paladin. Therefore the people looking only at healing meters and seeing Paladins topping everything and immediately reroll paladin are stoopid. They suck in PvP. Might be better at PvP in Mists, as their talents look delicious.

This is the only truth.

I can't really complain much about the resto druid healing. But then again, I didn't play in 4.2 so I can't compare to anything.
    Anyways, I'm usually on par with our other healers (rShaman/hPriest) and often above thoose 2.
    Loving Tree From + Lifebloom on 6-7 people while using WG and Rejuv + Swiftmend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
    My group just picked up raiding a couple of weeks ago and we're now getting into heroics. On Morchok I'm fine on my druid (because well, it's Morchok :P) but on Yor'sahj I had to switch to my less-geared pally, just because their toolkit is so much better for those mechanics. We'll be trying Ultraxion tomorrow and I'm still unsure which to bring. Obviously there's druids that can still compete in heroics but I feel it's easier to bring my pally if it helps us get progression kills more quickly.
    It's pretty apparent how much more desirable a Holy Paladin is over a Resto Druid on a fight like Yor'sahj. We typically have a Holy Pally and Disc Priest for this fight, but we had to use a Resto Druid last raid in place of the Holy Paladin who was absent, and it was a struggle. We used to take for granted that we had an external CD for the MT for *every ooze* using this order:

1. Hand of Sacrifice
    2. Pain Suppression
    3. Hand of Sacrifice
    4. Lay on Hands
    5. Hand of Sacrifice
    6. Pain Suppression
    7. Hand of Sacrifice

Without the Holy Pally, the MT went splat pretty often on the 3rd Void Bolt. We did eventually beat that fight, hopefully it will be easier from next week on what that slacker MT finally gets his Mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    Druid is still great in PvE. Has a different role than a Paladin. Therefore the people looking only at healing meters and seeing Paladins topping everything and immediately reroll paladin are stoopid.
    Calling someone you don't know stupid is really mature. Way to go, mate.

I'm already at the point where me on my paladin outperforms me on my druid on some encounters. I will close the gap or outperform on other encounters when I get HoU and Maw. By outperforming I also mean taking AM, BoSac and GoAK into account.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zabel/advanced - that's the bad guy.
    We'll be trying Ultraxion tomorrow and I'm still unsure which to bring. Obviously there's druids that can still compete in heroics but I feel it's easier to bring my pally if it helps us get progression kills more quickly.
    If you don't have another paladin or have disc priest in the group, go on your paladin.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

Deleted
    maw is a good choice even the 390 version.

we can still be decent in 25man but we need to respec ,know the fight well so we can time our cds and have reliable co-raiders (using their def cds when needed), else we will struggle and dont enjoy the raid . Most rleaders think we are there to give them tranq when they think its good... hardly they understand that a good druid knows better when to use it (few secs later or before from when they usually call for it) and how to increase its effect ...

i really hope they provide us with small buff in direct healing (which wont change the healing balance because or direct healing is really really bad) to compensate for builds that dont favour mana or give us a decent glyph that helps our survival or healing . I have create a thread in druid forums in eu wow concerning that.