Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Movies:
    Kara no Kyoukai (1-5, 6 was ok, 7 was meh)
    Princess Mononoke
    Howl's Moving Castle

Shows:
    Full Metal Alchemist (both versions)
    Bakemonogatari
    Fate Stay/Night, Zero, etc.
    Outlaw Star
    Spice and Wolf
    Steins;Gate
    Last edited by mmoc3712a6ea75; 2012-01-26 at 02:35 PM.

Full
    Metal
    Panic.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Series:
    Berserk
    Ghost in the Shell
    Samurai Champloo

If you want more family-oriented, anything by Hayao Miyazaki is basically jawesome: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0594503/
    I liked the ones I have seen:
    Spirited Away
    My Neighbor Totoro
    Princess Mononoke
    Kiki's Delivery Service
    Howl's Moving Castle

@Bleach: It was good... for the first 100 episodes. After watching fansubs for ~3.5 years (~230 episodes), I have decided that the authors of the show were scraping the barrel. They ran out of quality material long ago and turned the show into an endless series of 3-episode sequences of people staring at each other and making witty quips. Nobody dies. There is no conclusion. There is no closure. It is just an endless cycle of the protagonist leveling up and the environment around him leveling with him.
    Here's one example: One of the biggest baddest abilities in the show is called Bankai that supposedly takes many many years (if not hundreds of years) to master. Now the protagonist is somehow able to skip that and become "Totally badass" very quickly. You then find out that Bankai is not really all that it's cracked up to be, and the protagonist goes on to becoming ever more powerful. Along with him, all the other characters are somehow continuously getting more powerful.
    Now figure me this, if Bankai was the pinnacle of ability for so many and everyone besides the protagonist and people in direct relationship to him (the weird group of main characters with weird abilities) are normal, then how in the world is everyone also becoming so much stronger at such a high rate?!

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Revy-Kenzie View Post
    Elfen Lied
    Oh ho ho! I remember this! If you like blood and gore, this show is boss. I do remember there being quite a few horrible plot points and holes and overall it had too much moping about for my tastes, but I'd still recommend the actual show. The pitfalls can be overlooked for BODY EXPLOSIONS

Some of the ones I'll watch over and over (in no particular order):

Cowboy Bebop
    Outlaw Star
    Soul Eater
    Ao no Exorcist
    Ouran High School Host Club (yes, I like shoujo anime too)
    Full Metal Alchemist (original and Brotherhood, though I like Brotherhood better)

My daughter's even started watching anime. She loves Cardcaptor Sakura, Pokemon (she loves the "Goodbye Pikachu episode), and even a couple of the Sailor Moon movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Carazy View Post
    Movies:
    Princess Mononoke
    Howl's Moving Castle
    I cannot believe i forgot those two movies! In my High School Jap class we watched the sh** out of it! Aswell as totoro <33333333333333333333333333333333

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 01:48 AM ----------

Also, (i forgot to mention) Berserk was amazing. Although it did take some getting-use-too because of the old-fashion way of drawing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been into anime per say. But when I was younger a friend got me hooked on "cowboy bebop" which i loved because of the animation and the main character used jeet kune do (Bruce Lee's founded martial art). I think I watched every episode in a single weekend.

A few years later the same friend introduced me to "Blue Gender" which is like a post apocolyptic earth infested with big ass bugs vs. human mechs. Was a bad ass bloody show, the only exception to this was the stereotypical perverted scenes of breasticles and stuff. The show as a whole would be so much better without them trying to toss in stuff like that.
    Survival is Key

Elfen Lied. 11/10.

Death Note
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Fate/Zero
    Gintama
    Fairy Tail

Everyone wants other people to watch the anime they watch. But in the end, no one watches what the other recommends.
    /Zetsumei

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleach
    Deathnote
    Deadman Wonderland

will check out Steins;Gate asap
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

My favorites are:

One Piece (Best of the "big three" imo)
    Gintama (Crazy humor, makes me laugh a lot more than anything)
    Fairy Tail (Just love the theme, atmosphere and music)
    Toriko
    Full Metal Alchemist (One of the best stories ever, honestly)

I used to watch Bleach, but the fillers just killed my interest.
    Also sometimes watch Naruto, but I think in Shippuuden, between episode 100-200, probably half of them were fillers, had to skip quite a lot. It's good when it's focusing on the story, though.
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2012-01-26 at 02:58 PM.

I have too say Bleach became pretty bad after *spoiler* Aizen was arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Nawy View Post
    I have too say Bleach became pretty bad after *spoiler* Aizen was arrested.
    I stopped watching after the Bount arc. Vampires? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Odayaka View Post
    I stopped watching after the Bount arc. Vampires? No thanks.
    It (the fillers and plot) gets worse. At some point you can start skipping episodes without losing track of what's going on. Sometimes even 2-3 episodes!

Deleted
    It's frustrating for me, to see the big names mentioned over and over, as if that is the entire exposure to Anime people have *sigh*
    To name but a handful of Animes from various genres in the hope you look them all up, here are a few names, for one and all;

Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
    Hatsukoi Limited
    Break Blade Movie (6 Long Episodes)
    Golgo 13
    Ristorante Paradiso
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    Kaze no stigma

Ahh the list alas can go on and on and on and on and on and on... you get the picture.

will always be clannad and clannad as...im a sucker for a good ending..

Deleted
    ow god that shit is a hard question

prob top 3 for me would be

Deathnote
    Elfenlied
    Full metal alchemist

other anime's am watching or have seen are

Soul Eater
    Airgear
    dragonball z(hands down it was awesome when i was a god back 14 years ago)
    Naruto shippuunden
    Bleach

although of the last 2 i mostly read the manga's and skip the fillers in the anime's sins the are 90% boring

I don't count the filler episodes when watching Anime, its always terrible.

I usually just skip over those episodes.

Not a huge anime fan...but I do love Ranma 1/2.

You're pretty awesome if you know what this one is.

My favorite anime has always been, and will always be Zoids <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow no one has mentioned Yu Yu Hakusho yet. That's been one of my favorites for like a decade.