Page 1 of 51
... LastLast
    Deleted

LFG Tool Definitely Required

So I was always on the fence when it came to LFG Tool debates however after last night I definitely decided SWTOR needs a LFG tool. I'm on a heavy server and despite 200 online at the Imperial Fleet I couldn't get a group for any of the 20-30 Flashpoints after trying for an hour! Eventually I just gave up and logged another character, whereas a LFG tool could've put me in a server wide queue broadening my search whilst enabling me to quest too and not waste an hour spamming chat...

Now I know the big argument is IT KILLS COMMUNITY (which i personally believe is bs but that's another debate) so in order to counter this simply limit it to your server

I'm definately for an LFG system for low level dungeons, or possibly all normal modes, and leave the hard modes to spamming, there should be enough people for those I should think

Aslong as it's not going to be cross server then it will be fine. I have just quit wow and this was one of the reasons the community got destroyed. Started playing this 2 days ago and loving it so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    whats wrong with chatting to your fellow gamers rather than recreate the silent wow df groups where no one says anything and you never see the people again.

15+ Year Old Account
    i have no problem on my server finding a group for anything so no its not required

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So I was always on the fence when it came to LFG Tool debates however after last night I definitely decided SWTOR needs a LFG tool. I'm on a heavy server and despite 200 online at the Imperial Fleet I couldn't get a group for any of the 20-30 Flashpoints after trying for an hour! Eventually I just gave up and logged another character, whereas a LFG tool could've put me in a server wide queue broadening my search whilst enabling me to quest too and not waste an hour spamming chat...

Now I know the big argument is IT KILLS COMMUNITY (which i personally believe is bs but that's another debate) so in order to counter this simply limit it to your server
    Exactly, I hope Bioware doesn't listen to the million fanbois who think the game is perfect and implement this. The dumbest thing I've heard ist that spamming "LFG/M" on your server creates a better "community", no the thing that creates the community is that you're forced to sit in a non-full group with people you don't know and end up talking to them because you've got nothing better to do than wait for sometimes hours 'till the group is finally full. That's like saying prison creates friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    i have no problem on my server finding a group for anything so no its not required
    "I'm not dying to starvation so there's no need to send help to starving people in Africa"

Just because it's not a problem for you doesn't mean it's not a problem for anyone. I don't play Swtor but i have heard a lot of people complain about this, and as long as it's only server wide i really doubt it would destroy the community.

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    I'm definately for an LFG system for low level dungeons, or possibly all normal modes, and leave the hard modes to spamming, there should be enough people for those I should think
    No, all modes and all flashpoints need to be included. Its abysmal for some of those in guild who come on at the wrong time or wrong spec; yeah we have that now. There are only so many of us who will tank and do it right, or put up with this abysmal ui and heal.

I would also like to see a RIFT style mechanism where people are put in large public groups for H4+ planetary quests. Either that or put in a robust LFH system alongside LFG so people can show which Heroics they need and their proximity to the quest. (no entering a LFH list if your on fleet)
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    "I'm not dying to starvation so there's no need to send help to starving people in Africa"
    To continue your innadequate analogy, should I starve myself because that way at least it would be the same for everyone.

If it was just server wide, it's wouldn't change a thing, and if it was inter-server, it would be a catastrophe for the community.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've looked for groups, found them, liked the people I've grouped with and added them to friends, making it easier to find a group in the future.

a LFD doesn't promote one thing, and that's player reputation. What I mean is that if you are looking for a group, but are known to be an ass hat, or completely incompetent then it's far less likely you will find a group. But if you have a good reputations (you don't need on everything, you don't break C if/when it's used, you perform your role well (tank, heals or dps), etc. it's easier to find a group.

EVEN if a LFD tool is server side only, you don't know who you are going to be grouped with, and as such you might get a group with the biggest loser on your server. Then you are either forced to play with them, or wait in another queue to get a different group, in which you might get server loser #2.

Will this eventually get implemented? More than likely, doesn't mean it'll be as great as you think it will be, nor does it solve every issue.

I can certainly see the next arguement: I was waiting in LFD for an hour for a specific FP and it never popped. They need to implement cross-server LFD...

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Well your not getting a cross server group they said as much the last time they addressed this topic. However, a server based LFD tool does appear to be in the works and would be the only one I would personally tolerate. For all its convenience you can not possibly deny the absolute disgusting troll behavior and abuse that comes with a cross server tool. Everyday I see new posts about how people troll LFR and LFG in that other game and you want this in SWTOR? I cant for the life of me see how the benifit outways the cost.

In server is coming and we will see how it works. Personally.. I got a guild so.. hey I heard that's what there for and I get groups all the time with no trouble! If your guild isn't active enough for you find one that is or start one of your own. Its bad enough that there working on a in server form of that tool but it will at least still keep the ass hats in check somewhat as you will know who they are.

Personally its not so much of a community killer.. though I believe this as well its a, Hey lets encourage people to be the biggest ass hats in the world tool!! that I despise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will give up on MMOs if SWTOR ever puts in a looking for baddies system or nerf the outdoor "HEROIC +X" missions.

That will tell me, they are in it for the quick cash and not a quality game.

This kind of thinking, destroyed the videogame market in the early 80's and it's really working on destroying MMOs, atm.

It is amazing that no one seems to have a problem with the LFG Tool that is already in place for PVP (even with the dreaded teleport function) but some people absolutely hate it for PvE.
    And by the way, where is this amazing community that the absence of a LFG tool creates ? At least the two servers i play on are not much different than the WoW servers i play on, the only difference being that most of the time no one talks at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    I will give up on MMOs if SWTOR ever puts in a looking for baddies system or nerf the outdoor "HEROIC +X" missions.

This kind of thinking, destroyed the videogame market in the early 80's and it's really working on destroying MMOs, atm.
    ...this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Main reason I quit SWTOR was the lack of a dungeon finder and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cry for LFD will win, bookmark my post for later review. As time goes on people don't do as many flashpoints or only limited ones for that elusive piece of gear and the player pool slowly shrinks. Rift at launch had no LFD then only server only and a month or so later cross realm. Like it or not this tool is required for modern MMO to work, a lack of LFD will harm the game if it eventually doesn't get added.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post

Your kind of thinking makes me wanna beat my head against the wall, if you're grouped with a baddie KICK THEM, as a matter of fact the current system will make it much more likely to be grouped with a baddie and then not be able to get rid of him because you've looked for 1+ hours and don't want to get ouf the instance and look again. In WoW when I get a baddie vote kick -> new player comes in 1-5 mins later DONE. And nerf the Heroic + missions are you one of those people who thinks SW:TOR is like super hard? Those missions can be solo'd by a lot of classes so why the hell would they get nerfed?

The only thing that WILL get this game destroyed and it WILL cause me to unsubscribe after my month is up (don't tell me I haven't seen late game content my guild has the whole content CLEAR on nightmare) is if I want to do a quick flashpoin on my 50 alt and have to look HOURS then eventually give up on it and realize there is nothing else I can do but grind rank 60 on my main (using the same tool that "zomgwilldestroyswtor) because it's quick and easy to get into pvp but not quick and easy to get into PvE (yet the game focuses on PvE wtf?!).

Don't get me wrong this game is great but if Bioware listens to the few people who have no hard time finding groups because they have a gazillion fanboi friends who are always online and ignore the people who have just now hit 50 (majority) and don't have the time or patience to look for groups for hours and (specially true for melee DPSers) then people will either just focus on pvp and if they don't like pvp they'll make an alt or just quit.

I'm on the most populated server and I only respec dps in raids otherwise I respec heal to PvP and do flashpoints for fun this being extremely overgeared and I have a hard time. Imo the things this game needs is: Bug Fixes > LFG tool > Combat Log + Damage Meters > More UI Customization

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Main reason I quit SWTOR was the lack of a dungeon finder and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    Thats funny, alot of people stuck around because there was no a dungeonfinder aswell. Guess you simply cant please everyone.

I could live with a dungeonfinder if its restricted to the server and i can prevent from landing in groups with certain people. Like WoW, not getting grouped with the people in your ignore list.
    But im not having any problems running flashpoints now. And i play a pure dps class.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    It is amazing that no one seems to have a problem with the LFG Tool that is already in place for PVP (even with the dreaded teleport function) but some people absolutely hate it for PvE.
    And by the way, where is this amazing community that the absence of a LFG tool creates ? At least the two servers i play on are not much different than the WoW servers i play on, the only difference being that most of the time no one talks at all.
    Because.. I get to kill them? really there is a VAST difference. With one you have trolls / ass hats that chain pull and leave and berate you endlessly for no other reason than to get there jollies. Its the abusive behavior that comes with it that degrades the community, no thanks. Again.. and I dont understand how people miss out on this.. GUILDS ARE YOUR LFG TOOL IN PVE. Is it really that hard to understand or.. like so many have mentioned each time you do a group friend these people or.. oh I dont know..actually be social and talk to them and you will build a pool of people to group with.. you know community? I think people simply have forgotten what the MMO part of a MMO is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    Because.. I get to kill them? really there is a VAST difference. With one you have trolls / ass hats that chain pull and leave and berate you endlessly for no other reason than to get there jollies. Its the abusive behavior that comes with it that degrades the community, no thanks. Again.. and I dont understand how people miss out on this.. GUILDS ARE YOUR LFG TOOL IN PVE. Is it really that hard to understand or.. like so many have mentioned each time you do a group friend these people or.. oh I dont know..actually be social and talk to them and you will build a pool of people to group with.. you know community? I think people simply have forgotten what the MMO part of a MMO is.
    I raid with my guild, I won't bother them every time to run a flashpoint for me because I want to gear my alt. There is no reason people can still talk to each other and make groups themselves if a LFG tool is implemented there just is no good argument against it specially if its server-wide.