Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    i've kinda gotten to a point on my server where im known as a great tank for heroics and ops and have a friends list of reliable dps and heals very rarely do i come across a moment where i cant get a group seeing as my guild is slow leveling and its driving me bat shit crazy
    I'm doing the exact same thing.

Currently im stuck on level 37 because my lazy mates dont level fast enough because they are not a no-lifer like me *forever alone*.
    So all I do is sit around on Dromund Kaas and Balmorra and asks in general if someone needs help with a Heroic mission and there's always someone who could use a helping hand. Then again half the time people ask me if I'm drunk or high since I willingly help out others, but it's still fun. It's a great way to make new friends online and when they then level up, you got yourself a friends list as long as the Chinese Wall to help you find and create a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Horrible trolls? How would you know you haven't even tried the LFG tool on SWTOR I have never grouped with a troll so bad that even after kicking him it would ruin my experience in WoW. Since you're talking about MY CHOICE let's talk about YOUR choice how about YOU keep going to dungeons with your guild after they implement the LFG tool how woudl that affect you? Right it wouldn't so wtf is the problem? Also do you honestly believe everyone is in a guild so nice they would spend 3+ hours a day gearing your alts?
    People are people, give them this cross server and its my firm belief that the exact same behavior will follow into SWTOR and nope sorry dont want that. As how would it effect me? Well your right atm it wouldnt however as soon as you go down this slippery path you devalue guilds and eventually it will as people stop caring about guilds or community, server rep or helping others. Whats the big deal of that you say? Well why have guilds at all then? What you end up with is the eventual sidelining of guilds to the point of them becoming gloried chat rooms and IF thats your definition of a guild.. well thats just sad really. The game slides toward the inevitable instant gratification crowd and no I dont want that at all. If your guild cant be arsed to help your alts im sorry but yes we do help. Once your main is 50, your raiding, doing illum dalies.. then of course the natural progression is alts, running with guildies alts and so forth.. again thats what good guilds do.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    whats wrong with chatting to your fellow gamers rather than recreate the silent wow df groups where no one says anything and you never see the people again.
    One and a half hours (which is what I spent on fleet last night) of spamming "DPS LF HM Flashpoint" is boring as hell, and does not promote any form of community building.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I'd be okay with realm only lfg. Cross realm would fuck it all up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post

Currently im stuck on level 37 because my lazy mates dont level fast enough because they are not a no-lifer like me *forever alone*.
    So all I do is sit around on Dromund Kaas and Balmorra and asks in general if someone needs help with a Heroic mission and there's always someone who could use a helping hand. Then again half the time people ask me if I'm drunk or high since I willingly help out others, but it's still fun. It's a great way to make new friends online and when they then level up, you got yourself a friends list as long as the Chinese Wall to help you find and create a group.
    i've helped my guild out alot but i can only run them through so much before it drives me insane

LFG sucks, I hope they don't add it. Remember RIFT? they added all the things that were in wow and no nobody plays it because it's so boring. It's natural for the player base to push for things they think will make the game easier (merge servers, lfg, really fast mounts, portals everywhere) but you end up with an extremely boring "room" based game where nobody knows each other and you might as well be in an xbox type lobby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    One and a half hours (which is what I spent on fleet last night) of spamming "DPS LF HM Flashpoint" is boring as hell, and does not promote any form of community building.
    Try putting a little more effort in your LFG messages. Whisper people. Be sociable.

A protip from someone that has never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes looking for Flashpoint groups.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    LFG sucks, I hope they don't add it. Remember RIFT? they added all the things that were in wow and no nobody plays it because it's so boring. It's natural for the player base to push for things they think will make the game easier (merge servers, lfg, really fast mounts, portals everywhere) but you end up with an extremely boring "room" based game where nobody knows each other and you might as well be in an xbox type lobby.
    By room do you mean sitting in fleet spamming the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... ? Cause I would agree.

You know that just because you added them to your friends list doesn't really mean they're your friends, right? I'd be amazed if even half of the people on your "Chinese Wall friends list" remember your name after a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    i've kinda gotten to a point on my server where im known as a great tank for heroics and ops and have a friends list of reliable dps and heals very rarely do i come across a moment where i cant get a group seeing as my guild is slow leveling and its driving me bat shit crazy
    So you're lucky enough to roll a tank, like it and be good with it. Guess what not everyone is a tank, not everyone is great. If you've got that huge friendlist of uberpros with which you can do Flashpoints in 15 minutes that's great for you and a LFG tool wouldn't suddenly make those people use it instead of whispering that awesome tank that happens to be online.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    Try putting a little more effort in your LFG messages. Whisper people. Be sociable.

A protip from someone that has never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes looking for Flashpoint groups.
    It doesn't matter how much effort I put into it when people aren't looking for a DPS for a flashpoint.........
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Let me just start off by saying, thank god, because no one will miss you with that attitude. World of Warcraft spoiled you and now you pay the price. Good riddance.

Now, on to the matter at hand. The idea of looking for group/dungeon tool is a good one. But it created this massive amount of lazy for everyone who couldn't even be bothered to find the dungeons entrance in the first place (For those of you who played the first few months of cataclysm). Not only do I think the implementation of this into World of Warcraft was a horrible mistake, but going beyond it and rewarding players for completing the dungeons without leaving was even worse. Specially for tanks and healers who could just instantly requeue again, get another maybe better maybe worse group and do it all over again depending on what happened.

The ideal group of people we wanna call "pro", that can go straight into a dungeon, know what they are doing, know the boss mechanics without anyone asking, have good communication and kill everything in record time - Only exists inside small groups of friends and guilds with the right mentality. People don't care about being good at a game anymore and they don't care if they fail. I'll give you an example that I recently ran across.

I play an Operative in Medicine. I was asked to join Black Talon with a full group of people around level 14. After much agony we managed to clear trash up until, what I like to call, The "It's a Trap!" Boss, just because he looks like the admiral. Now I thought to myself "Well, I hope these guys know that fire is bad" - but surprise surprise, standing in fire drones apparently means standing on the edge of a rainbow watching a unicorn leaping over it and I just missed the memo. Not only did we wipe 4-5 times, even with my explanation of "Don't stand in the fire", these guys didn't even bother to respond and just kept doing their own thing and I ended up leaving after about half an hour to do my laundry because I would rather do that, than stay in the group.

In the words of Yathzee, excuuuuuuuUUUUUuuuuuuse me for trying to help you guys out so we can finish the instance and move along. I realize SWTOR is still rather fresh from the box, but everyone knows fire is bad and if people can't even do this at level 10-15... You know where I'm going with this.

I know there's always gonna be a few bad apples out there, ruining the game experience for others because they simply "cannot be arsed" to do a little research on how to play their character or bother to read the tooltips of their spells so they at least know what to use and when to use it. Those are the players I don't wanna end up with. That's why I don't do LFD in WoW without at least 2-3 guild mates and why I only log on to raid half the time. Because I simply cannot stand the people who die to stupid and easy mechanics, which are EXTREMELY easy to spot might I add.

At least by grouping up via the chat, you talk to people, you communicate and you don't just be silent and do your designated role.

Blimey that was quite the rant. So I guess TL;DR would be, no, please no, don't put in a LFG tool. I understand the people who wants this, but honestly, it would ruin the game for me personally and probably for a lot of others as well. I didn't play SWTOR to play another version of WoW. I play it because it's an amazing piece of craftsmanship in the MMO genre. I don't play SWTOR because I wanna play an easy game where you get free purple pixel with every step you take.
    How is not waiting around for hours looking for a group to form considered "spoiled?" I'm pretty sure people pay for the game to play it, not wait around forging groups wasting time that could be spent doing other things while being in a queue. Forging your own groups will still have baddies regardless unless you background check everyone you get into your group before you start, why the hell waste the time? With an LFG system, it's queue and go; someone sucks dirt, kick 'em and move on. I don't understand your logic of how More Efficient = Spoiled. Also, how does adding an LFG System make it a copy of WoW? Because they use similar tools to get the job done? You don't have to use an LFG system, you know. A lot of people don't, even in WoW.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with Bioware creating a group building tool, as long as it is:

1 - Server only
    2 - Doesn't not provide additional rewards that promote it's use over just grouping with your friends.
    3 - Has a fair system to remove disruptive players, yet can't be abused by pre-made groups who like to kick people right before the last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    By room do you mean sitting in fleet spamming the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... ? Cause I would agree.
    I have no idea why people sit in fleet all day and expect everyone else to be there. I rarely hang out in fleet and I think most people don't either. Unless you are on a high pop server, /who in fleet is almost empty. Look at LFG for your level range and ask those people if they are looking to run something.

I think what would really help is a global LFG channel though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    You know that just because you added them to your friends list doesn't really mean they're your friends, right? I'd be amazed if even half of the people on your "Chinese Wall friends list" remember your name after a week.
    considering i have done ops and hardmodes with everyone on my friends list your point is pretty invalid

Quote Originally Posted by ANewStart View Post
    Aslong as it's not going to be cross server then it will be fine. I have just quit wow and this was one of the reasons the community got destroyed. Started playing this 2 days ago and loving it so far.

*LFM hammer station* spamming it in general for 30-60 minutes is really an awesome community act! tor needs LFG cross server
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    I have no idea why people sit in fleet all day and expect everyone else to be there. I rarely hang out in fleet and I think most people don't either. Unless you are on a high pop server, /who in fleet is almost empty. Look at LFG for your level range and ask those people if they are looking to run something.

I think what would really help is a global LFG channel though
    Global LFG would be at least a step in the right direction, but I am not going to sit and whisper random people. That is an antiquated system and it is invasive.

On any given night in fleet there are ~150 people, but finding a group is still like pulling teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I'd be okay with realm only lfg. Cross realm would fuck it all up.
    This is something I would also like for WoW as well as TOR, in all things considered. That fact of being able to choose the pool of your LFG would be a great option.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    whats wrong with chatting to your fellow gamers rather than recreate the silent wow df groups where no one says anything and you never see the people again.
    thats not the issue. the issue is of the 200 in the fleet 100 were probably lvl 50s, 50 were either slicing alts or lvl 10 people trying to find where to change their AC, and only 50 of them were between the lvls of 10-50. and when you are leveling you really only go to the fleet to run in/pick up daily quests and maybe hit up the GTN.

if they just expanded on the LFG tool they already have it would work fine. make it galaxy wide, you click tank/heals/dps, select which instances you want to do, and maybe have a short note on it. it would need a tutorial to go with it(same with MVP in WZs but that's another story) but a quick 2-3 minutes read to save you 45 minutes off every FP you run is a no brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    I will give up on MMOs if SWTOR ever puts in a looking for baddies system or nerf the outdoor "HEROIC +X" missions.

That will tell me, they are in it for the quick cash and not a quality game.

This kind of thinking, destroyed the videogame market in the early 80's and it's really working on destroying MMOs, atm.

GOD I KNOW

The Pong community was ABSOLUTELY RUINED by LFG tools.