Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Servers down on a Friday night?!

Sorry, I've had a few. I just got home from the bar (pub) to see that servers are down until the AM. What the holy fu*k is so important that I can't do some drunken PvPing on a Friday night?! (morning)

uploading a patch...down for 4 hours...but absolutely no warning on website..better be fixing major bugs

Nothing I can find on their official page. Says a patch is being deployed...

Edit: Yeah, no warning. Just, bam, SERVER SHUTTING DOWN IN 15 MINUTES.

Quote Originally Posted by ravette View Post
    uploading a patch...down for 4 hours...but absolutely no warning on website..better be fixing major bugs
    Ginormous + 10 (letters)

Yeah, on their forums, they don't say anything about fixing anything. In fact, it looks like some sort of routine server maintenance. I dunno. I sure hope it's something incredibly important.

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

3rd post down says they are having maintenance tonight.

This is the patch they are putting in.

-Implemented optimizations to improve performance on Republic and Imperial Fleets.

-Significantly improved the delay when activating player abilities, particularly when in lower framerate situations. This allows for improved ability responsiveness in hectic combat situations.

-Operations will no longer allow more than 16 Operations Group members to enter concurrently.

-In Karagga’s Palace, G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator will no longer respawn more than once if players have not defeated Karagga.

-Fixed an exploit that would allow players to repeatedly loot the chest after defeating Jarg and Sorno in Karagga’s Palace.

-Fixed an issue that could cause graphical inconsistencies, which most often manifested as random screen "flickering."

I guess it's now on the main community site like right when you click "Forums" or "Community," but who seriously thought this was a good idea on a FRIDAY NIGHT? I also never saw this until the red letters flashing "Servers are going down in 15 minutes" popped up. They need to put this shit on the login screen like Blizzard, otherwise only about 25% of the population is seeing their warnings. If they did that, we might have more happy party-goers this evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who in there right mind thought to do this? Or even that, nobody said "That's a dumb ass idea... Friday night is peak hours for ANY online game. Console or PC or w.e"

Plus, warning or no warning... They should post things on they're launcher like most all MMO's have now.

Usually when your competition comes out with a good idea in any industry, others tend to follow to try and keep up.

How about fixing my PvP daily that is STILL bugged?!

10+ Year Old Account
    What an utter joke, no one knew about it until it was said in game. To do it on Friday night of all nights rofl, just wow....

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    What an utter joke, no one knew about it until it was said in game. To do it on Friday night of all nights rofl, just wow....
    'Zactly! 8,9,20

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Edit: Yeah, no warning. Just, bam, SERVER SHUTTING DOWN IN 15 MINUTES.
    Maybe I'm crazy but isn't a server wide alert that the servers are going down in 15 minutes a warning?

I mean we may not have got anything prior to that but I'd say it still classifies as a warning. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

-Implemented optimizations to improve performance on Republic and Imperial Fleets.

-Significantly improved the delay when activating player abilities, particularly when in lower framerate situations. This allows for improved ability responsiveness in hectic combat situations.

-Operations will no longer allow more than 16 Operations Group members to enter concurrently.

-In Karagga’s Palace, G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator will no longer respawn more than once if players have not defeated Karagga.

-Fixed an exploit that would allow players to repeatedly loot the chest after defeating Jarg and Sorno in Karagga’s Palace.

-Fixed an issue that could cause graphical inconsistencies, which most often manifested as random screen "flickering."
    That was last Tuesday patch. 1/24. Like it said on the page you copy/pasted from.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Upcoming Patch + Scheduled Maintenance: January 31st, 2012 | Yesterday , 05:10 PM

Hi everyone!

Our upcoming maintenance for January 28th will begin from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 6AM CST (4AM PST/7AM EST/12PM GMT/1PM CET). All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than four hours, but could be extended.

There will be in-game notifications that the servers will be going down before maintenance begins.

In addition to this,
    we wanted to let you know that we will be performing scheduled maintenance for eight hours on January 31st, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET). All game servers and swtor.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours, but could be extended.

For our new players, this weekly maintenance is done in order to make general improvements and to check performance of the game so that we can continue to provide a consistent, quality experience. Quite often (but not always) after a maintenance period there will a patch to download. After the maintenance, please login via the launcher to download the latest patch. If your launcher was open during the maintenance, you must close and reopen it for a fresh login.

Scheduled Maintenance

Date: Tuesday, January 31st, 2012

Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET)

All game servers and swtor.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Sorry, what?

Its still stupid, but they did warn you several hours before hand.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2012-01-28 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    Sorry, I've had a few. I just got home from the bar (pub) to see that servers are down until the AM. What the holy fu*k is so important that I can't do some drunken PvPing on a Friday night?! (morning)
    Perhaps a few exploits that didn't take with the last patch IE the chest looting that the gold farmers have been taking advantage of. Perhaps the 17+ people in an Ops group when it's only intended for 16 people. You know, some glaring exploits and bugs?

Just a shot in the dark though. Ya I know the 24th's patch was supposed to fix some of those, however I know of a few that it did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

If it is those 2 things being fixed, I understand. Can't have content being way easier than it should be with endless loot. Totally understandable. However, you can't tell me they didn't know about this until today and couldn't have notified us sooner and better.

If this 'maintenance' is not incredibly urgent, I'm cancelling my subscription. 3 nights a week I can play this game, and yes, I understand they *have* to have maintenance times and no matter what they piss *someone* off...but seriously, push it back ONE hour, and you will make thousands of people happy.

As for ME: I've had enough of this. It's a new game yes, they have many things to fix...but taking 6 hours, and NOTHING gets fixed? That's awesome amirite?

**EDIT** If the issues fixed are the exploits, bugs, etc. Then I do not mind at all, those things need attention. Just makes me wonder it took them 3 days to find out and implement a fix.
    Last edited by OldManGaming; 2012-01-28 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love coming to the forums to get drunk off all this whine

but yeah i do agree that putting any upcoming info on log in screen would be beneficial to all

10+ Year Old Account
    saturday night from 4-10pm australian time, so lame.
    they also froze the forum so we can't complain there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my imitation of the internet:

Bioware: Here's our new game. Enjoy.

Internet: This has so many bugs, I'm gonna cancel unless they get fixed! FUUUUUUUUUU!

Bioware: We're taking down the servers to fix bugs.

Internet: I wanted to play right now, you guys are all idiots! FUUUUUUUUUU!