Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Any point in crafting profs ?

Hey guys,

I have been diligently levelling my profs throughout the game.
    Slicing
    Scavenging
    Armormech

Now i am getting to the end game, and stuff i can craft for level 49-50 is no where near as good as stuff i am currently getting from quests .... oO

So is there any point sending my companions on scavenging missions ?

Thinking of picking up
    Slicing
    Bioanalysis
    Biochem

So that i can have those oh so expensive potions .....

Do armormech etc really do not provide anything beyond level 50 ?

Biochem for sure, I dropped max cybertech scavenging and underworld trading, and power leveled biochem, bioanalysis, diplomacy. Its ultra useful, but I don't know why you want to keep slicing. Its barely profitable anymore and you'll be losing money buying the blue and purple mats you need if you don't take diplomacy

I am still of a mind that BW will see that only Biochem actually has a use past 50 (the armour/weapon skills really don't) and look to introduce new stuff for said skills in order to compete or at least offer an alternative that isn't mahoosively below that that can be gained from PvP/Daily Commendations etc

Depends on your goal. I found that armortech is useful for my commando, and quite easy to level. I am about 100 at level 20 with mats left over. Far cry from other games that make you spend more time gathering than you do questing.

Deleted
    I think you get two items (belt and bracer) that are very good and bind on pickup at level 50, but they'll probably have to nerf biochem even more.
    They could either make biochem reusable items usable by everyone (and make a slightly improved version only usable by biochem), or just simply remove them completly from warzones / illum / high end pve.

Deleted
    Biochem is at the moment the only crew skill that makes sense in endgame

"potions" (aka adrenals) and medpacks are waaaaay to expensive, at least the good ones - you get a reusable one with better stat-boni, and the rakata medpack and the adrenals are really useful.
    "flasks" (aka stims) are okay, but you get a better, reusable one

you're able to craft "rakata" (ilevel 58) wrists and waists ( you get a chance to craft them critical, so you get an augment slot for secondary stats - might be useful) - but level 58 wrists and waist also drop in hardmode/nightmare operations

there do drop some recipes in hardmode/nightmare mode, you'll need crafting material that only drop in hardmode/nightmare mode (Alien Datacubes, maybe even an Epic drop from Soa HM or Nightmare bosses) but this stuff is itemlevel 56 and by the time you get the recipe and the mats you'll most probably have a Columi Setitem (ilevel 56 too) for that slot from hm Flashpoints or normalmode raids

Setboni are quite sick tbh, like 15% critchance on certain (useful!) abilities, etc. - so you shouldn't ignore them

10+ Year Old Account
    Biochem all the way. I just dropped Artifice/Archeology for Biochem/Bioanalysis and leveled them both to 400 in about 3 days, best decision I ever made. Once you get the right mats from running heroic flashpoints and normal mode operations you can craft reusable stims/adrenals/party-healing medpacks. The reusable adrenals are like having a third relic so there's that to think about as well. I still have slicing atm but I'm debating dropping that and picking up diplomacy at lv50 if only to get extra LS points and companion gifts to max their affections. Once their affections are maxed I would LOVE to see how some of the missions start to turn out.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Deleted
    i'd say biochem is the most usefull of all. there rest is just temporarily usefull

Only crafting set that seems to remain useful at the max level seems to be biochem/bioanalysis the rest just become terrible as there is currently no real perk system in the game beside's reusable stims/med-packs from biochem

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Thinking of picking up
    Slicing
    Bioanalysis
    Biochem
    I also have this set-up on all 3 of my characters. I told my guildies I had slicing and the conversation went something like this;

Guildie: 'Omg, why do you have slicing!? It was nerfed to death! Without diplo, you'll pay loads for mats!'
    Me:'Perhaps. But I passed the 1 million credits mark at lvl 38.'
    Guildie:'And I can't even pay for my skills... O_O'
    Me:'Want a loan? Only a 15% interest rate! >=D'

I'm going to switch one alt to diplo though, since I'm already swimming in money anyway and I can't be bothered with bothering guildies or navigating the horror that is the GTN every time i need something. Might also get UWT on another alt to farm custom schematics.

Biochem is the only crafting skill that has merit in taking it. The rest is pointless and too much of an effort to see any benifit (if at all). During levelling you could craft artifact gear thats better then commendation/FP/quest gear, but it's be replaced in no time and you just have to hope you get augment slots. Atmax level, it's beyond useless to have anything but Biochem for both PvE and PvP.

Biochem and Cybertech are the only useful professions. But if you want a cash mule do what im doing. Park a level 20 at an Ilum chest and send your 2 companions on slicing/T-hunting/UWT missions all day long while you play an alt and switch over every 10 mins to loot the chest. Made 400k in 2 days.

In a month or so once people are mostly 50 and start rolling alts the other crafting professions will make good money selling epics to people with loads of credits looking to gear out their characters to make leveling easier. Already have a guy on my server making a killing off epic lvl 21 epic implants. Hes got like every single stat and sells like 15 a day for 5k each.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-01-27 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Biochem and Cybertech are the only useful professions. But if you want a cash mule do what im doing. Park a level 20 at an Ilum chest and send your 2 companions on slicing/T-hunting/UWT missions all day long while you play an alt and switch over every 10 mins to loot the chest. Made 400k in 2 days.
    I hope you realize people have banned for doing exactly this.

Deleted
    the ones who where banned where the bots/sad acts who sat at the spot most of the day just waiting for the respawn. bw have stated they have no problem with people going for them at low lvl. what they dont like is people spending the whole day there.

Im pretty sure hed be fine as i doubt he logs on every 10 mins exactly that would look suspiciously bottish to any gm watching

Well, you're free to do so, but it wouldn't be the first time BW swings the banhammer at people who don't really do anything. I'm not risking it for a few measly credits when I make ~100-200k every day by slicing and selling the crew skill missions. I just take out 5 seconds of my playing time to send my crew on missions that last about half an hour. If I happen to get artifact Bio missions, I make a crapload of money just selling the mats.

And no, I don't play 8hours a day. I have a full time job. Well, not full time since I'm posting this from work. :P

Deleted
    oh im deffo not suggesting its something id do reavyn. its quicker and more profitable to do a sliceing run then it is to camp those chests anyway

dunno what im doing wrong though as im nowhere near a mil and im almost lvl 50

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been diligently levelling my profs throughout the game.
    Slicing
    Scavenging
    Armormech

Now i am getting to the end game, and stuff i can craft for level 49-50 is no where near as good as stuff i am currently getting from quests .... oO

So is there any point sending my companions on scavenging missions ?

Thinking of picking up
    Slicing
    Bioanalysis
    Biochem
    Obviously the stuff you will craft is nowhere as good as anything you will get from drops, you can only craft premium quality gear, you ignored the profession that allowed you to obtain the required mats to craft anything good.
    You took the profit route, not the crafting route, to get good crafts you will have to either buy the mats or drop slicing and get the required profession.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post

Setboni
    The plural of 'bonus' is 'bonuses'.

If you were following Latin grammar then it would be 'bona'.

Under no circumstances is it 'boni'

Brush up on your forum rules and regulations. We do not permit grammar policing. - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-01-28 at 01:48 AM.

Crafting professions currently are (outside of the already nerfed biochem), but there's been dev posts saying they're planning on fixing it.

I'd also suggest looking into taking all gathering professions, or 2 gathering and a mission. You could pickup bioanal/scav/arch (or whatever is profitable on your server) and make a ton off endgame mats both now and when the new items get released.

Quote Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
    I hope you realize people have banned for doing exactly this.
    Those were peope literally sitting at the chests for 24/7 running a bot program so no one else could open them. I just log in every 10-15 minutes to loot it, and refresh my missions, and then log back out. Im not preventing anyone else from getting this chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    oh im deffo not suggesting its something id do reavyn. its quicker and more profitable to do a sliceing run then it is to camp those chests anyway

dunno what im doing wrong though as im nowhere near a mil and im almost lvl 50
    If you're saying that you're doing a slicing run as in mission fests, then that's what you're doing wrong. Unless you're doing missions to try to get augments, slicing is not worth doing for money; for that you want to actually go physically harvest the nodes.

That having been said, crafting professions are wonderful for making money. Especially if you whore out premium and artifact mods, armoring, etc. Plus, lower level implants and earpieces (which are almost always better than the quested ones) make a killing.