Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Help me with ultraxion 10 man heroic

Hello fellow priests.

Our guild has 1/8 hc on farm, and we decided that we should try Ultraxion next, but we struggle with it...
    I do not know if my healing is low, or our raid dps is low, but after 7th hour of twiligt we just die. First of all I try to be a better healer, so if you can point out what to do to make our raid last longer, please give me some advices.

Here is our best attempt, I heal with resto druid who takes red, I take green and then blue.

worldoflogs.com/reports/6ce7q7ss95mjnr8u/sum/healingDone/?s=4257&e=4602

My armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Drakez/simple

Thank you a lot.

Raid dps is too low

Also their uptime is really low which mean they're probably hitting the button too early and wasting valuable seconds of dps time.

Deleted
    Yea, I thought that may be the main problem, but we wipe 20 sec before the berserk, after 5th minute we use pally 4piece t13 Divine Guardian, then I pop Barrier, after that druid pops tranquillity, I pop divine hymn and we just die...

Is there no way to just last till berserk on 10 man?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have your DK get his 4p that should help immensely with the healing. Plus your dps are pretty low, waiting til the last second of Hour of Twilight and Fading Light are pretty essential to maximize dps.

Deleted
    Is there any sure way to make them use it untill the very last second, we had several wipes where they tried to use it at the least possible second, but I do not know if that was server lag, or their lag, but they got instagibed

I dunno what was wrong with our group but we had to end up using cooldowns at the 4 minute mark and ended up killing the boss at 5:22. I don't think it's possible to last until 6 minutes without a Holy Pally or 3 heals.

If you arent already, have healers port out with 5 seconds left on the pull timer, lust as soon as the fight starts. Relust later in the fight after you get time loop w/e the thing is called and the healers will have lusted heals for the majority of the last minute.

Deleted
    Yea, I see that we didn't lust again at 5 minute mark, that was probably fail from my side, I announce raid CD's at the end, our best pull was either way at 5:50 I think. But yes, we do use lust at the start with me and resto druid using heroic will so we can get lust at the end.

It's pretty damn impressive to be able to survive 45 seconds in soft enrage without a holy pala. Nothing wrong with the healing. Our kills are at like 15 seconds in at soft enrage. Your raid DPS is too low. Everyone should push a little more and your DK tank should L2P. Dunno what he is doing but our DK tank is doing 26-28k DPS on that fight, and your is doing 12k.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Deleted
    Zheryn, could you please link me your DKs armory? It would be most helpful

It doesnt really help anything that clearly your raiders arent doing anything to personally survive themselves. Zero healthstones used?

Deleted
    Yeah, I will make them use even healthstones at the end, I thought that they wouldn't have such big impact when everyone's health drops like 40k per second.

I mean, till 5 minutes mark we have no problem with healing, after the mark we just get slaughtered

Deleted
    The problem with the DK is that he never used Dancing Rune Weapon! With Thrall's buff (and using it before you get the buff to reset the CD) will mean a top end DK has ~80-88% uptime on it... That's 80%+ uptime of quite alot of dps. Just because he's offtanking it seems doesnt mean he shouldnt use defensive cooldowns.

Use more death strikes. Swap for dps trinkets if you havent already.

Also, if you DK isnt usually this bad (use outbreak on CD and youll get close to 100% uptime of diseases... he has 46% so it's a L2P issue really). Hoping he does learn to play a DK have him maintank it, seeing as DK damage (with dancing rune weapon) is amazing and paladin is so-so. Paladin wont lose that much dps offtanking other than the initial delay of his vengeance stack, but once it's maxed the slow decay and aoe damage /taunts when fading light will mean he'll do just as much damage as he is now (which I might add is still bad).

One question I do have, how do you handle the debuffs? Im working on this fight myself and we're mainly stuck on 'people being killed by HoT soaking'. Thanks for any help
    Last edited by mmoc241f3fedf6; 2012-01-26 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for giving me advice on what our DK is doing wrong, here is how we handle Hour of Twilight:

First: Prot pally + rogue (cloak of shadows)
    Second: Hunter (detterence) + Enha Shammy (Shamanistic Rage + Pain Suppression from me, he has to be topped off or he dies)
    Third: Blood DK + Fire Mage (cauterize)
    Fourth: Prot pally + rogue (same as first)
    Fifth: Hunter + Enha Shammy (Shamanistic Rage, Pain Suppresion is on CD, so our prot pally uses Hand of Sacrifice, shammy has to be topped off with PW:S on him or he dies)
    Sixth: Blood DK + Fire Mage (Iceblock here, as his healt does not drop)
    Seventh: Prot Pally + Rogue (same as first and fourth)
    Last edited by mmoc789d76e24f; 2012-01-26 at 09:04 PM. Reason: grammar -.-

Deleted
    Hi im the DK on this raid group

thanks for all the advice i admit i am still learning and doing a lot of things wrong so i will try to justify what i was doing so i could learn a bit more

So about the DRW i noticed after the raid i was not using it and saving for situation i might need a cd but VB and bones were enough so i was not using it and therefore losing some dps and i gave myself a punch for this. With the Thrall´s CD reset and half time on defensive abilities this is a really big dps burst.

Ye about outbreak. The problem about outbreak is....ME! I am just stupid and was forgeting about it so if you could recommend me some addon that might help me with this i would really appreciate it.

Death strikes. I am using the a lot when the fight start where i dont tank at all. But after the first hour i was saving them for when i taunt so i would not die but ok i will use them more and try to time my runes better.

I also swaped my weapon (original was shannox HC axe with SSG) for Gurthalak /w fallen crusader. And also swaped my spine dodge trinket for spine str trinket to gain the str boost.

If there is anything else you could tell me about my gameplay or character every constructive feedback will be really appreciated. Dont worry i am a fast learner so hopefully next save i will be much better.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ View Post
    Zheryn, could you please link me your DKs armory? It would be most helpful
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lection/simple He is good geared but it shouldn't make a difference from 12k to 26k DPS.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i6...?s=7750&e=8064 Here's his log from the last time we killed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Any reason your pally doesnt use sac on the shaman every time? It will be back up... My suggestion for you is put your shaman and blood dk together.. Stick people who can completely negate dmg together (hunter and mage<cauterized>). If you know a group is coming up that doesnt need to be topped off... well then its easier on the healers. "oh shit here comes shaman/dk group" top them off. And the pally can make 100% that his DG is active during the group that cant completely ignore the mechanic and will take dmg.

Put your tank soaking groups as 2 and 3. Higher DPS uptime for the first group that gets to port out 1 less time. So probably put your mage/rogue in g1 since they can continue to dps while soaking.

So to summarize

1: Mage/rogue
    2: DK/Shaman(Sac)(DG)
    3: Pally/hunter
    4: Mage/rogue
    5: DK/Shaman(Sac)(DG)
    6: Pally/hunter
    7: Mage/rogue
    Last edited by kynd; 2012-01-26 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lection/simple He is good geared but it shouldn't make a difference from 12k to 26k DPS.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i6...?s=7750&e=8064 Here's his log from the last time we killed him.
    Thank you so much, I envy your raid, their dps is awesome compared to ours

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kynd View Post
    Any reason your pally doesnt use sac on the shaman every time? It will be back up... My suggestion for you is put your shaman and blood dk together.. Stick people who can completely negate dmg together (hunter and mage<cauterized>). If you know a group is coming up that doesnt need to be topped off... well then its easier on the healers. "oh shit here comes shaman/dk group" top them off. And the pally can make 100% that his DG is active during the group that cant completely ignore the mechanic and will take dmg.

Put your tank soaking groups as 2 and 3. Higher DPS uptime for the first group that gets to port out 1 less time. So probably put your mage/rogue in g1 since they can continue to dps while soaking.
    I do think that our prot paladin uses it every time he can, but I am not so sure of it. Nice suggestion, I will consult it with ppl in our raid to see what their opinion is. Topping off isnt an issue really, I think I know how to heal before s*it hits the fan, so topping off in a timely manner is not an issue, my main concern was really what could I do to make our raid last longer than 5:40, which seems to be the breakpoint where I almost pee blood from spamming, but our raid just dies. I shall see if our dps will make some effort to push better numbers

Deleted
    Bagro, I apologize if I came off as rude!

Regarding DRW - use it on cd, the dps boost is that good.
    Dont worry about timing DS with taunting, unless you deplete all of your rune JUST as youre about to taunt youll be fine. The bloodshield will stack (the shadowdamage aoe wont eat it up, so you can build it up for the entire fight if you so wish) so just focus on doing as much damage as possible.

Use AMS more often. 30 sec cd (iirc!) and you used it once on the 5.45 attempt.

I would say any good unit frame that allows you to clearly see your debuffs would be good. Or just get in the habit of clicking Outbreak. Diseases have a 33 second duration and outbreak has a 30 sec cd, so just keep it somewhere clear and make sure to click it regurarly. For some reason you had a Icy Touch, this will never be needed.

I would suggest removing your points in Butchery.

3 our of 33 crits on DS is sad to see RNG on that attempt wasnt on your side. And speaking of crits, try and convince your paladin tank to use SotR on 3HP and preferably on a Sacred Duty proc! This means using judgement and Avenger's shield on CD.

Also, once you get this sorted try and let your DK maintank it (first tank to take Ultraxion and keep him for ~40 seconds until his first HoT). As a DK he/she can outdps the paladin by miles.

Regarding gear - as long as you dont die from melee damage (with the amount of magic damage fueling your Death strikes you shouldnt be anywhere close to the danger zone HP wise) using another weapon and trinket is smart.

DrakeZ - thanks for the info, Ive been working on a similar rotation but so far our frost DK (replace shaman with frost and we have similar comps) keeps dying. It might just be him not being topped off and/or HoS being too slow.

Deleted
    About AMS i used it on every HoT but ye during the fight itself i was not using. That will change. OMG i have butchery speced how did that happen. Eh I really dont know how that got there. Also i was thinking to reforge some of my avoidance into crit so i would get more crits in DS do you think thats a good idea?

And no I dont think you were rude. I am happy for any help I can get.
    Last edited by mmocb2e5eb2bee; 2012-01-26 at 09:31 PM.