Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't mind having only one spec. But I can understand how it can be annoying for those who want to diversify their experience. I really thought I had heard it would be implemented. Maybe just one of those rumors ...
    A friend of mine keeps his tank spec in pvp and he's very useful in warzones that way (and not just hutt ball). It's a different way of playing. You don't go for the kill with that spec but you're a real asset nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    There are two sets of qqers in swtor
    1 it's too like wow
    2 it needs lfd/lfr, dual spec and all the other wow features

Can't you just play the game and enjoy it rather than turning it into wow?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Considering the cost resets every week (happened twice on a week, once), and its no hassle at all, no, not a gamebreaker at all.

Stop the cry for LFG, dual-specs and what not, please.
    i had absolutely no idea that the costs for respeccing are reset every week, thats actually a fairly sensible solution. i'd still like dual specs, but i'm honestly not so worried about the cost anymore (i'm totally poor ingame).
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Its a rocky mistake on bioware part not having dual spec in, really really silly and lazy

Personaly i would love to have a pvp tank spec and a pve tank spec, since i cba to waste money on respecs i just do pve with the pvp spec period.. im not gonna waste money on respecs.. ill just wait until they introduce it to the game.

Deleted
    Oh for god sake.

There wasnt any dual spec pre-wow in ANY GAME. (same for the lfg thing)

People still played for years and years.

Now if they do not have a little thing they cry like there's no tomorrow saying that "ruins" the game, like, really ????

Money is earned so easily, just take 2 minutes to go respec when you want to !!

Having to respec all the time isnt the big issue, the fact that last time I checked in game the cost never drops and just keeps going up and up. I have seen forum threads where ppl are talking about the fee being 80,000 to 100,000 credits for them now. Thats not something that I am going to be willing to keep doing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I heal in PVP just fine on my BH pve spec.

Deleted
    Wow, 100K credits ?

Thats what, 3 or 4 dailies ? You can even do your spaces missions @ 50 and that will give you plenty of money to cover your respec.

I dont even know what to do with my credits in this game, I bought everything except the 1.5 or 1Million mount and i'm still over a million credits without ever farming !

Dual spec = Comfort, its not necessary.

I loved it when they introduced it in wow, but its not necessary, thats all.

I've played plenty of MMOs without dual spec, you just have to deal with it and stop saying nonsense.

I swear i've never seen so many people complaining for little things than on swtor forums, if someone gave you a yellow porsche would you cry because its not your favorite color ?

Choose a spec, stick with it if you dont want to take 30 minutes to do your dailies, or do you dailies, respec if you want, and stop saying it ruins the game.
    Last edited by mmoc70ab634a7b; 2012-01-27 at 12:43 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Oh for god sake.

Now if they do not have a little thing they cry like there's no tomorrow saying that "ruins" the game, like, really ????

Human ancestors lived outdoors for millions of years in pre-cave era.
    Then people lived in caves for thousands of years in pre-masonry era
    Now people are bitching when forced to live in a carton box.
    Fucking people, complaining about every little thing, heh.

Ruin is such a strong word, it's more of a minor inconvenience. Do I want it? Definitely! But not having it is not breaking the game, I am sure they will add it in at some point so just need to be patient and enjoy the game!

I don't really care about dual spec, but a reasonable respec cap cost would be extremely helpful.
    "Peace is a lie"

Its called a gold sink.

I don't know why everyone feels entitled to spec changes. Usually in an RPG you choose a path of growth and you stick with it, if you want a different path you create another character. People in WoW wanted duel spec then they wanted tri spec then they will want quad. Lucky for them Blizz is doing away with the old talent system and just saying switch your utility skills around before combat starts for free.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    There are two sets of qqers in swtor
    1 it's too like wow
    2 it needs lfd/lfr, dual spec and all the other wow features

Can't you just play the game and enjoy it rather than turning it into wow?
    There are some features that will help the game a lot. Dual spec and a LFG channel. Aside from that i am very happy with the game.

Oh for god sake.

Yeah, and 100 years ago we didn't have the internet or cars. Humans still got by and lived happily. What do you think will happen in todays society if internet was shut down tomorrow, and cars were forbidden? Huh?

Sigh, the "logic" of some people gives me the impression that they don't even bother to think about what they type. Yes, dual spec didn't exist several years ago in any MMO, and most players got by just fine. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean it's not a nice and convenient feature to have. It removes one annoying aspect of the game. I don't understand why people are even against it. Do you enjoy having "minor" (as some of you call it) inconvenience?

Yes, it's annoying when you have to go farm credits (it's not difficult, but it requires time to finish your daily and stuff), go to the respec guy, THEN you have to put points into the trees, and then you have to customize your action bars. It's not 2 min, but closer to 15-20 mins for this entire "respec routine".

Another argument is that it's a credit sink, and the game needs that. True, I won't argue against that. But that can be solved by making dual spec costs a lot, for instance.

Bottom line: Dual spec it not really required, however it's a good feature that makes the game less annoying and tedious. Why are some people even against making the game more fun by removing the annoying aspects? Why? Beats me.

Deleted
    I don't think people in here are understanding my issue.

I'm currently torn into deciding if I want to PvE or PvP, because if I want to do both I will go broke much before the cost resets. Yes, money come easy in this game, but they don't come infinitely. I can't keep respeccing and respeccing because there is currently no cap on the respec costs. I wouldn't mind doing it if there was one. it's 100k now, but who knows how much it will become tomorrow? Gold sinks only work if you can afford it, and I soon will be unable to.

As I said, I'm reaching a point where I have to decide what to do between PvPing or PvEing... if I stick to PvP, my guild loses a healer and I won't be able to see the PvE content; if I stick to PvE, I pretty much lose one of the reasons I'm keeping my sub running and I could just log the evening to do my daily flashpoint and log off for the rest of the day.

It's pretty gamebreaking to me and hardly a minor incovenience.

its only 1300 credits to respec at 50 now, which is quite cheap. I suppose if you wanted to change your spec half way through operations/flashpoints then it is annoying.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Oh for god sake.

Yeah, and 100 years ago we didn't have the internet or cars. Humans still got by and lived happily. What do you think will happen in todays society if internet was shut down tomorrow, and cars were forbidden? Huh?

Sigh, the "logic" of some people gives me the impression that they don't even bother to think about what they type. Yes, dual spec didn't exist several years ago in any MMO, and most players got by just fine. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean it's not a nice and convenient feature to have. It removes one annoying aspect of the game. I don't understand why people are even against it. Do you enjoy having "minor" (as some of you call it) inconvenience?

Yes, it's annoying when you have to go farm credits (it's not difficult, but it requires time to finish your daily and stuff), go to the respec guy, THEN you have to put points into the trees, and then you have to customize your action bars. It's not 2 min, but closer to 15-20 mins for this entire "respec routine".

Another argument is that it's a credit sink, and the game needs that. True, I won't argue against that. But that can be solved by making dual spec costs a lot, for instance.

Bottom line: Dual spec it not really required, however it's a good feature that makes the game less annoying and tedious. Why are some people even against making the game more fun by removing the annoying aspects? Why? Beats me.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dual spec (I really hope for a clever any-number-of-spec system) should've been implemented in 1.1. But it won't be implemented even in 1.2. That's pretty sad and limiting me in my gameplay experience, I just cba to physically go to the trainer, reset talents, pay for it, distribute talents manually again, redo action bars. These are all unnecessary activities that have nothing to do with "playing the game", are "blast from the past" and therefore are annoying as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    its only 1300 credits to respec at 50 now, which is quite cheap. I suppose if you wanted to change your spec half way through operations/flashpoints then it is annoying.
    Do it more than once. It is WAAAAY more than 1300
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    The game was designed to make it easy to play solo as a tank/healer by using a well geared dps companion. Maybe your companion isn't geared enough?

OT: Dual spec will come in the future, but I feel no immediate need for it just yet. They stated that dual spec is more more mature games. WoW didn't get it until, what, 4 years after release? SWTOR will get it relatively sooner, no doubt.
    At some point I think we have to stop talking about how WoW didn't get a feature until x years after release. Many of the things people are asking for are considered standard for the last 3 or 4 years. My personal expectations for video games in general is alot higher now than it was in 2004. Just because WoW failed to get something right isn't a free pass for other MMOs to plug along without any innovation; and especially not take a step backwards. This issue as well as a few others is a perfect example as to why WoW dominating for so long was bad for the genre. If the reason why a feature isn't currently in game is along the lines of "well WoW didn't . . .", then we are just creating a scapegoat. There's nothing wrong with asking for more and better, especially when we're paying for it.