Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I would love that too, a dual-spec. I am just doing PvP in my PvE spec, and tbh, I get away with it pretty easy wearing full pvp-gear.
    But would love an extra spec to mess around with.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Leveled as dps, will respec to tank. Rerolling a healer to have one. No problem with dual spec not being there, and probably really shouldn't be a problem until dps meters come out and people start min/maxing anyways.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I was very sad to hear there was no Duel-Spec system in the game, I play a healer primarily but occasionally I like to test some DPS builds for fun. However, after a few weeks of playing and occasionally respeccing I've found the system that currently in place to be fair and it works well for me. For anyone who doesn't know the costs of respeccing after a week (maybe just on Tuesday's I haven't been able to test it well enough yet) will actually drop back down to zero. So last night even though I'd been DPS specced for a week as I did some PvP I was able to swap over to a healing spec to help out some group mates for no charge at all and then later that night I was able to run the new Heroic FP as a DPS for the low, low price of 1200 credits.

Is it something I would like to see in the game? Absolutely...
    Is it something I will use? Yup, no questions.
    Can I live without it with the system that's currently in place? Yes.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Minor inconvenience.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Dual spec (I really hope for a clever any-number-of-spec system) should've been implemented in 1.1. But it won't be implemented even in 1.2. That's pretty sad and limiting me in my gameplay experience, I just cba to physically go to the trainer, reset talents, pay for it, distribute talents manually again, redo action bars. These are all unnecessary activities that have nothing to do with "playing the game", are "blast from the past" and therefore are annoying as hell.
    I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic here, but that's not really the issue for me. I can do it foreve rif I could, but the problem is that I soon won't be able to.

15+ Year Old Account
    been running EV as an off tank for a few weeks now and i've had no problem dpsing as a immortal jugg and we dont even come close to enrage timers

I changed spec 2 times in the last 3 days and it was 1300 both times, so how quickly does the price go up? Are people really changing specs like 10 times per day?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Nope, I have no problem with respeccing, but that's just me.
    Same. I pvp, flashpoint and quest as tank spec. Never had any problems, never had to respec.

Deleted
    As sniper, i don't need dual spec. I found spec fitting for both pve and pvp.

Suddenly wow doesnt seem all that bad huh.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I only respec to a healer when I'm going to be doing a string of WZs. Other than that, I haven't really found a need to.

I'd certainly love to have dual spec, but I don't think that it is really hurting the game right now.

Just a note for people saying the cost resets each week. This is partially true, but the week timer resets when you respec. So you have to wait 7 days from the last time you respecced, which is somewhat annoying for people playing dual roles frequently. Feel free to correct me if im wrong.

@Infighter

You are complaining that spending money to respec is game breaking, No it isnt, its a minor inconvenience. Alot of games out their do not let you edit your spec at all once you have started. You are playing an RPG, they dont let you change your build after its been started. You should be thankful that this game allows you to without having to create a new character.

You are being spoiled wanting to have everything your way. Well thats not how the genre works. RPG's are all about building a unique character where if u pick some options then other options become unavalible. If they wanted to give you everything then they wouldnt give you options to begin with they would give you everything once you reach a certian level. (im looking at you MoP) not that their is a problem with the MoP system as i think it is what blizzard had to do under the circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a question, why do I keep seeing threads asking for the stuff people left wow for because they had?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Just a question, why do I keep seeing threads asking for the stuff people left wow for because they had?
    It happens with any new MMO release. People tend to be more bored with the content or upset with upcoming content than the quality of life features of WoW. That is why we see people asking for crossover of this features.

1) 200k is really easy to make.

2) Roll healer, stay healer. Done.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    @Infighter

You are complaining that spending money to respec is game breaking, No it isnt, its a minor inconvenience. Alot of games out their do not let you edit your spec at all once you have started. You are playing an RPG, they dont let you change your build after its been started. You should be thankful that this game allows you to without having to create a new character.

You are being spoiled wanting to have everything your way. Well thats not how the genre works. RPG's are all about building a unique character where if u pick some options then other options become unavalible. If they wanted to give you everything then they wouldnt give you options to begin with they would give you everything once you reach a certian level. (im looking at you MoP) not that their is a problem with the MoP system as i think it is what blizzard had to do under the circumstances.
    I'm spoiled because I want to have fun in my game and play it to its fullest? Without having to decide if I should ditch my friends or play the other side of the game? Please, you are not into my position. Maybe for you it doesn't matter and it's just an inconvenience but for me currently it's game-breaking. It's ruining my game time.

Spending an INCREASING AMOUNT of money everyday so I can enjoy the game, might be an inconvenience at start but it will become a severe issue for me later, because I simply won't be able to afford it or anything else in the game.

EDIT: I also never talked about WoW or any other game, can we please keep it out of the discussion? It's unrelated. Thank you.

Deleted
    Sure, some people do like to change role, they like the diversity. In WoW I had 4/5 active PvP chars that I would switch around to heal or dps with multiple specs, dual spec was a great thing for people like me, who don't change role because they have to but really like using other rotations and setups frequently. I can't see it being a huge problem for me personally with my Commando, as I have no obligation to switch spec and currently quite enjoy it but I'd welcome a duel spec, no doubt I will at some point wish to heal some Warzones instead of DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    Suddenly wow doesnt seem all that bad huh.
    Probably not for the easy mode crowd, most I know left after the disaster called Firelands following the catering to all the other crybabies wanting to spam 1 button and duel spec every ten minutes but hey, some one has to be bored out of their skull making Pandas

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Having to respec all the time isnt the big issue, the fact that last time I checked in game the cost never drops and just keeps going up and up. I have seen forum threads where ppl are talking about the fee being 80,000 to 100,000 credits for them now. Thats not something that I am going to be willing to keep doing.
    There must be some cost reset mechanic in place, but it's screwy. I heard it was reset weekly, but then last night I respecced for the first time this week: 9700 credits. I repsecced again about 30 minutes later: 530 credits. WTF?