Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Movies] Star Wars: Episode I; in theaters February 10th +

Is anyone going to see this in the theaters? I know I am. It's always fun to see a Star Wars movie, and with the way technology has evolved, I'm sure it'll be a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Is anyone going to see this in the theaters? I know I am. It's always fun to see a Star Wars movie, and with the way technology has evolved, I'm sure it'll be a great experience.
    Na, I'm gonna pass. I don't find that movie to be any good. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, saw it recently at home and the "3D" feature in films is always disappointing.

It will be interesting to see if it even comes to my local theater. We have 6 screens with 2 being 3D capable. For example, Haywire this week wasn't showing but they showed Underworld 4. If it does come I'm not sure if I'll go or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post

yes, i hope they are re-showing all of them. i only watched the movies when i was really young so i cant really remember them that well, so this seems like a nice chance to watch it

Deleted
    In 3D I assume?

I might watch the original trilogy again, but I have no desire to re-watch the prequels.

Then again, maybe he modified them too ;D

15+ Year Old Account
    Girlfriend wants to see it so, I guess I will to. It's a good movie to see on the big screen again, so I won't complain. Sadly, still better than some stuff coming out. If and when they re-release 4-6 in theaters, I have a feeling they'll make a killing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, I have all the films on blu ray, dvd, video cassette twice, I think George has enough of my money for now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really worth it. Especially for EP1.

Ep2 and 3 would maybe be cool in 3D. I dunno.. seen them so many times though. Really milking the cow dry now..

Deleted
    Episode I is the worst of all the prequels so no, I wont watch it.

I won't. None of them have ever been any good, no matter how many times they try to re-release them.

only thing worth watching is 567, i just hope Lucas doesn't remake them in 3d, that would be horrible. nothing comes even close to these classics and 123 with 3d? he already made the teribad bluray ones, why keep fucking with SW?

I'd much rather see another movie like "Red Tails" which Lucas produced than an unneeded rehash of SW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    Episode I is the worst of all the prequels so no, I wont watch it.
    That is unfair to Episode I. Episodes II & III are equally shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    whyyyyyyyy

Na. I really wanted to like the movie but I've come to realize I liked the idea rather than the execution.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Good movie IMO but would never pay to see it again in theatres

Yep. It had some of the best moments of all the prequels, and I'm kinda interested in what the 3D will look like.

Unlike what seems like most people think, I do not hate the prequels. They are not great movies, but they are definitely enjoyable to watch.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Lucas would stop releasing his god damn movies over and over... it wasnt good the first time, it wont be any better the 2nd or 3rd time either god damn it! Graphics arent everything you fool!

-end rant

I will gladly take any opportunity to watch any star wars movie on that huge screen with awesome sound. 3D or not. I could say the same for the LOTR movies as well. Just something about seeing those epics on the big screen with amazing sound add so much more to the movie.

I'd pay too watch just the end light saber duel, since its the best one imo. But I guess that's pretty much what I'm going to be doing anyway lol. Any scene with qui-gon is also good.

Also, no poll?
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Doubt it. Not a very good movie. So much wasted potential.
    And more than 30 mins of 3d gives me headache. I dont know if im the only one who have this issue, but everytime something moves in a 3d movie, it feels like my eyes have to refocus on the screen.
    The only movies where the 3d effects adds to the experience is short IMAX/planetarium movies imo.