Deleted

Guardian spirit issue.

Casting Guardian Spirit right before someone dies won't save him/her, instead you get normal cooldown, and no Guardian Spirit at all.
    It's like the spirit has a travel time and got lost in between.
    Pretty annoying that you still get a CD.
    This is an old issue that haven't been fixed for a looooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Croomer View Post
    Casting Guardian Spirit right before someone dies won't save him/her, instead you get normal cooldown, and no Guardian Spirit at all.
    It's like the spirit has a travel time and got lost in between.
    Pretty annoying that you still get a CD.
    This is an old issue that haven't been fixed for a looooong time.
    The problem is caused by lag and every class suffers from that. Doesn't matter if you are Gouged in your deterrence or two warriors charging each other, it's all the same problem and not fixable for what I know.
    Sorry to say that, but get used to it and use GS earlier if possible.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arazen View Post
    The problem is caused by lag and every class suffers from that. Doesn't matter if you are Gouged in your deterrence or two warriors charging each other, it's all the same problem and not fixable for what I know.
    Sorry to say that, but get used to it and use GS earlier if possible.
    What this guy is saying is basically that your GS target is already dead on the server
    Same when you play fps games like battlefield or call of duty, and they kill you behind the corner. You died before you rounded it.

Deleted
    Well yea, though about that after posting, since it's always 1sec responding time from Computer to server.
    But, wouldn't it be great if the game could notify that you just casted Guardian Spirit without sucess(like this problem) and gave your Guardian Spirit back.
    In other words with no cooldown up.
    Shouldn't be a problem adding that imo.

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arazen View Post
    get used to it and use GS earlier if possible.
    Well, if i'm playing PvP and i'm in a hurry to save some guys who's defending a base, i need to cast GS right before they die since i otherwise wont be able to save them, it usually happens that i arrive right before they die and casts GS without sucess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubity View Post
    What this guy is saying is basically that your GS target is already dead on the server
    Same when you play fps games like battlefield or call of duty, and they kill you behind the corner. You died before you rounded it.
    Only issue here is that with those game it could be lag but it could be wallhack.

But yea, if GS doesnt proc its cuz ur target is already dead on the server.
    In PvP its more of an issue than it is on PvE as u can easily see the timers when theres a need for a CD like this, which makes it easier to give GS 2 sec's sooner.

Unless the blow is to hard and GS wont be able to save him because it doesnt work like Argent Defender.
    Last edited by mmoc3c8522fde4; 2012-01-27 at 11:03 AM.

It's not even already dead that's the issue. The server also prioritizes what numbers it crunches first if the dmg and healing is simultaneous.
    Since vanilla, healing is always calculated after damage. GS falls in the former category.

The only real lame bug is that the GS cd is triggered and that would be nice if it was fixed.

Yup that's just how it goes, got to use it a second or two early and hope you don't waste it. Alternatively use it more as a mitigatory ability for specific boss abilities on timers like say hagara's focused assault or when you have a purple ooze on yorsahj etc.

On Hagara's special, that's completely on the tank to know how to handle the mechanic. If you stand at max melee range and just step back the moment she channels her special, she stops doing it. But yea, GS is a very good CD that's not just for tanks. Most of the time when I use it, it's on a DPS.

Not on heroic, if you step back all that does is she runs at you and swings with both weapons at once nearly killing you. You have to CD through it for heroic.