Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Exclamation More action bars REQUIRED

i really need some more action bars, preferably in the middle if at all possible but i have so much shit i need to bind being biochem

i got stims relics adrenals buffs cds including all of my combat abilities there is simply not enough space on the ui for everything

also switching from tank to dps stance and then switching out my offhands because you know derp theres no macros in this game so thats 4 spots by themselves

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you can't bind everything you have by using the 48 (or something around that) number of keys you can bind?

Because you do have bottom, bottom center, right and left quickslots all there just waiting to be bound as long as you have a keyboard and a mouse combination that can handle it well. Other than that, you can still bind it to the "UI" and go clicky clicky on 'em.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is definitely a common complaint, even before you begin to consider anything outside of base class abilities at level 50.

They really either need to add and additional bottom bar or work on reducing the skill bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahorius View Post
    Wow, you can't bind everything you have by using the 48 (or something around that) number of keys you can bind?

Because you do have bottom, bottom center, right and left quickslots all there just waiting to be bound as long as you have a keyboard and a mouse combination that can handle it well. Other than that, you can still bind it to the "UI" and go clicky clicky on 'em.
    yep theres A LOT of shit dude and i dont click im not a casual

i actually have to go through when im pvping unbind a bunch of stuff i think i probably wont use then go in and put stuff i know i will need that i dont use in pve

10+ Year Old Account
    or macros

/10

Please refrain from /10 or /10char posts. Either elaborate or hold off on posting. ~ Dakia

You must be a pretty low level if you don't think this is a problem. No offense meant, but really, after abilities and consumables, you really do start to run out of space pretty quickly. I have 3 bars full, last one half full and that one is where my companion bar goes when it's up. So I have to keep the little short companion bar most of the time. I'm 44 so I can totally see by 50 not having enough space.

I know some abilities are situational for PvP or PvE, but i still need to keep them all accessable so that I don't have to sit there and re-do my bars everytime I go to do something different.

Deleted
    I don't need an extra bar so much as I need a 3rd bar at the bottom of my screen.....and yes, I do use keybinds.....

I have 35+ keybinds with my mouse alone using alt/shift/ctrl modifiers. Add to that any keyboard keybinds and it quickly gets over 48. In WoW, I use the bindpad addon and have tons of keybinds set without them taking a an action bar slot. I really wish I could get this functionality in SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post

i actually have to go through when im pvping unbind a bunch of stuff i think i probably wont use then go in and put stuff i know i will need that i dont use in pve
    I agree with the lack of space and the absolute need of macros but...

...clicking doesn't mean you're a casual. It means you're a hindrance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    This is definitely a common complaint, even before you begin to consider anything outside of base class abilities at level 50.

They really either need to add and additional bottom bar or work on reducing the skill bloat.
    EDIT: Nothing to see here, move along.
    Last edited by Layuth; 2012-01-27 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Topic
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

My bars as usually full by 30. I could drop some skills that are obviously related to the AC I didn't pick, but sometimes they come in handy.

They need dynamic paging too. More action bars are nice but I don't need them all visible all the time. You would think someone would take the hint from some of the more popular UI addons in WoW.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    If they didn't homogenize everything for 10man raiding this would not be a problem. I agree with reducing the "Guitar Hero" bloat that Ghostcrawler and his team think is "fun".
    We're talking about SW:TOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    We're talking about SW:TOR.
    Another case of people who simply go to the most recent forum posts without bothering to actually look at what the topic is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post

You kind of got my post wrong, I say click because you mentioned you use a lot of space for Gathering/Crafting, which if needed (to acomodate current state of the game) you can just do the clicking, but of course you shoudn't click on PvP, that's just...bad.

Anyway, what you must do is acomodate and adapt how you can with the game the way it is right now, and bind your most needed keys (Relics/Pots/Stims/Skills/and such) and the other "casual moment" stuff you can come to use click, which is what I end up doing with mounts and so. It comes down to A) You click stuff that are not combat-involved B) You re-adjust key binding all the time. Personally I go with A.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    You must be a pretty low level if you don't think this is a problem. No offense meant, but really, after abilities and consumables, you really do start to run out of space pretty quickly. I have 3 bars full, last one half full and that one is where my companion bar goes when it's up. So I have to keep the little short companion bar most of the time. I'm 44 so I can totally see by 50 not having enough space.

I know some abilities are situational for PvP or PvE, but i still need to keep them all accessable so that I don't have to sit there and re-do my bars everytime I go to do something different.
    No offense taken. I'm Level 38 and I'm all PvP as an Assassin (that's a self explanatory point) but between Stims/Relics/Pots/Abilities I honestly do NOT need more than the bars that the game gives me, except for when it comes to Crafting on which I just do some clicks since it's a casual thing.

As for companions, I don't Pve except for the main class quest and even when I do, i don't take my time to use my companions abilities thoroughly because honestly it's not that hard to pew pew mobs by yourself.
    Last edited by Ahorius; 2012-01-27 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    I reckon the bottom bars need to become longer

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post

Honestly, they need to deal with the latter. There are simply too many abilities that need binding for a toon at lvl 50. WTF will it be like at 60....or 70...if the game makes it that far. The combination of core class/AC skills + talent based skills is just stupid. And sprint...really...this needs to be off/on clickable ability?!?!? Who would ever want to run in slow motion?

You kind of got my post wrong, I say click because you mentioned you use a lot of space for Gathering/Crafting, which if needed (to acomodate current state of the game) you can just do the clicking, but of course you shoudn't click on PvP, that's just...bad.

Anyway, what you must do is acomodate and adapt how you can with the game the way it is right now, and bind your most needed keys (Relics/Pots/Stims/Skills/and such) and the other "casual moment" stuff you can come to use click, which is what I end up doing with mounts and so. It comes down to A) You click stuff that are not combat-involved B) You re-adjust key binding all the time. Personally I go with A.

No offense taken. I'm Level 38 and I'm all PvP as an Assassin (that's a self explanatory point) but between Stims/Relics/Pots/Abilities I honestly do NOT need more than the bars that the game gives me, except for when it comes to Crafting on which I just do some clicks since it's a casual thing.

As for companions, I don't Pve except for the main class quest and even when I do, i don't take my time to use my companions abilities thoroughly because honestly it's not that hard to pew pew mobs by yourself.
    I too am an assassin, 44, Tank Spec. When I get home if I think about it I'll post my keybind layout and you'll see it's pretty full. There are a couple things that I don't use on there and could probably take off though.

What I really want is to be able to make my screen look more like a UI I used in WoW. MazzleUI/ArkiveUI/UITat. UITat being the current one that is updated.

Here is what it looked like after I modified it to my tastes:

Basically I want my map in the bottom center with 3-4 bars on either side, chat window to the left of all that and the nonexistent combat log to the right. On the right are my 3 main bars, top bar on the left pet bar, bottom 2 clickable stuff like fleet pass, stims things of that nature. I don't REALLY need 3 bars on the left, but they need to be there so it looks symmetrical. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

I'd say not action bars, but interface mods.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I put all my common spells on my side bars since I'd never click them and my Q, E, X, F, V, Z + shifts + alts are there. On my bottom two bars are my less frequent used items that would require me to either move my hand or (le gasp) click.

With wow all my keybinds were on toolbars so small you couldnt really see them as you know whats on Z, why do you need prime real estate for Z?

I don't know how I'd function without an Opie Bindpad and Bartender type bunch of addons... my sympathies to all the hardcore keybinders out there. I keep waiting to hear something about mods or more keybind options... hopefully it comes soon.