10+ Year Old Account

The Seeker achievement bugged?

Couple minutes ago i've reached 3000 completed quests according to statistics yet achievement tracker says i did only
    1447 quests even tho i have achievement for 2000 quests completed?
    I have heard that achievement is bugged but that was at the start of the expansion dont know if it still is, so i wanted to ask if anyone acquired this title any time soon and did they had the same problem as me?

Thanks in advance.

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't gotten my seeker yet but my tracker and stats differ as well. Some days i have 1500 quests completed and sometimes its like 2700.
    "Ok, fuck it, I lied. It's drum and bass."

I think there's a difference because of all the quest changes they did when cata launched, the counter for Eastern Kingdom and Kalimdor reset pretty much. My rogue is about 250 shy of the seeker achieve but when I log in the achievement shows i'm a little over 2k. But after you do a daily or complete any normal quest, the counter will be at the correct number.

Sadly since Cata you have to do the whole rest of the quests for the Seeker. When 4.0 came out, The Sundering, reset a LOT of quests and counters because 80% of the quests out there were taken out. So you can't go by Stats because they Stats go back before 4.0, whereas the achievement doesn't anymore really.

Diagnosis - BE - Mage - Shattered Hand - US <--Main
    Absolutia - BE - Mage - Shattered Hand - US
    Sanctius - BE - Paladin - Shattered Hand - US

Did you faction-change? I only ask because your avatar is undead and your signature is draenei. When I faction-changed from horde to alliance, I dropped about 1000 quests from my seeker achievement, though my statistics read otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you didn´t have the achievement before quest changes you do as mentioned need to do all the quests again to get the correct number.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Doesn't the statistics "Quests Completed" include dailies? You have to subtract out the dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    Doesn't the statistics "Quests Completed" include dailies? You have to subtract out the dailies.
    Yeah, I'm fairly sure it is this.

[edit] Yep:

Quests completed: 2871
    Daily quests completed: 1513

Subtracting those gives 1358 which is what your achievement says you are at.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2012-01-28 at 12:36 AM.

Pretty sure it is bugged, I recently got the 2000 quests achivement yet my counter for the 300 quest one now shows 1700 out of 3000, even though I got the 2000 quests one.

The counter is bugged, but it did trigger for me not long after the shattering (i was at 2700 or so before the patch but showed as 2000 after patch), and it triggered when i was at 3000 or a few beyond in the statistics pane. Altough faction change could easily alter that seeing as you wipe your quests done for your current faction and only get the counterparts of the still remaining quests you've done. As in, all quests done before the shattering that are not currently still there will effectivly vanish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgles View Post
    Did you faction-change? I only ask because your avatar is undead and your signature is draenei. When I faction-changed from horde to alliance, I dropped about 1000 quests from my seeker achievement, though my statistics read otherwise.
    Yeah i forgot to mention i faction changed >.> I remembered later that it could cause the problem with quest counter ...

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Just go do 1 quests and the real number will be brought up

its do to EVENT such as Elder etc. every newyears eve it resets those quests. elder. noble. etc. making the achiev being a bit dodgy. track achiev. do one quest. and zone somewhere. then it shows the realm number
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

It's not really related to seasonal events. I've barely done any of those on my druid, but I still jump a few hundred quests up and down from time to time after turning quests in (at least I think that's when it changes, might also be changing zones). Went from 2.200 to 2.600 after turning in some Ulduar Relics today.

The more quests you did pre-Shattering, the larger the jump is.

Just go do Loremaster /wink

10+ Year Old Account
    Just put in a ticket for a GM.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Just put in a ticket for a GM.
    The OP's quests aren't bugged though; Blizzard just doesn't erase an achievement once you get it. If your [Quests completed] - [Daily quests completed] in your statistics tab does not equal what the number says for the X Quests achievement then it would be a bug, but that is not the case for the OP.

Some quests didn't get transferred over when the OP faction changed but a GM won't just add quests to his counter. He will have to go back and do the quests. A similar thing happened to myself when they redid the old world. Some of the quests that I had completed pre-Cata but then got removed in Cata got subtracted from my quest count and brought me below 2000 quests even though I had the 2000 quests achievement. I just had to go back and do some other quests that were added with the old world revamp to make up for what I lost.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2012-01-29 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestamgpwn View Post
    Yeah i forgot to mention i faction changed >.> I remembered later that it could cause the problem with quest counter ...
    It is. My Warrior has the 2000 quests completed achievement while he only has like 800 to the counter because i mostly played him as Horde.

Yeah, I faction changed and my quest counters are totally random. I think my total gold earned from quests is, too, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

i spoke with a gm about a week ago and he told me they had recived hundreds of reports on The Seeker aswell as X-number of daily quests achivements keep reseting.

i have had this problem for a real long time, i am at 3000 but it keeps reseting to 2100.