Which pieces of gear/What to reforge for my spriest?

I had been running this set up for the last few weeks:

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/Rishu/simple

4p set, 397 head/legs/shoulders, 384 chest

+

Gloves of Liquid Smoke 403 (Spine drop)

Generally I reforge so that I break the 2589 haste breakpoint as we don't have a lock in our core group... (2604 haste), and hit is slightly below cap at 1725. Everything left over is reforged into mastery. On normal Ultra 10, I average anywhere from 29k-31k (depending on Fading Light).

Recently I was able to acquire the VP 397 chest. The dilemma is, if I drop the LFR chest, I would have to drop the Spine gloves to keep my 4p (I have 397 tier gloves). However, I was not able to reforge my haste over 2589 (nearest is around high 2400's) while keeping a good hit rate because the Spine gloves give a lot of haste.

I am unsure which set up (gear/reforge) will garner me higher DPS. Am I doing anything wrong with the reforging priority? Am I wearing the right gear? Thanks for the advice in advance.

* Getting legendary in two weeks, that should help lots.

Your current set up is better itemized than swapping chests and removing the gloves of liquid smoke. For me, I've found that I always get higher return from getting as much haste as possible, as opposed to trying to hit certain points and forging out of haste. Haste is always extremely valuable, so double check that for your gear it is worse than mastery, because it may not be. I raid lead, and more haste helps smooth over my lag and any proc's or refreshes I may miss in the process (I do not have my four piece yet, so mastery values for me are going to be different then for you also). Run a sim and see where your stat values are sitting. You should be hitting much higher DPS on Ultraxion with your gear. Check out some logs for that fight, it looks like there is a bit of room for improvement.

Your spec is wrong. You should be using this spec, a lower CD on fiend is more DPS, especially with 4pc T13, and everything in DS is immune to paralysis.
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2012-02-03 at 08:30 PM.

Thank you very much for your help. I will do the necessary reforge/respec/regear and see how it goes next week. I do agree with you that I think I can do better DPS and I will let you guys know how it goes.

some changes u could do is first to craft the boe wrists( they are even better than Hagara's heroic version , cause of the +20 socket bonus) and secondly if u get the shoulders from Morchok heroic to replace the 403 gloves with the tier37ilvl.

idd DW is a great boost.

Quote Originally Posted by NAelyn View Post
    some changes u could do is first to craft the boe wrists( they are even better than Hagara's heroic version , cause of the +20 socket bonus) and secondly if u get the shoulders from Morchok heroic to replace the 403 gloves with the tier37ilvl.

idd DW is a great boost.
    The crafted wrists are NOT better than heroic Hagara wrists. The 410 Bracers of the Banished have 5 int less than Bracers of Unconquered Power (346 int versus 351 using brilliant queen's garnets), but you gain 29 haste and 41 mastery, which is worth by far and away more than 5 intellect.

I did the respec and reforged all to max my haste, sat at the dummies for about 10 mins and recount showed me at 23.5k.

I will try reforging some of that haste back to mastery (but still maintaining 2589+) and see if that improves my DPS (due to mastery increasing orbs DPS). Will let you know the results.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rishu View Post
    I did the respec and reforged all to max my haste, sat at the dummies for about 10 mins and recount showed me at 23.5k.

I will try reforging some of that haste back to mastery (but still maintaining 2589+) and see if that improves my DPS (due to mastery increasing orbs DPS). Will let you know the results.
    Don't rely on dummy DPS - I only do 18k on dummies but pushing close to 28k in raids (LFR gearead).
    I would try the full haste build with the respec in a raid before decinding wether or not you are better off with mastery after the breakpoint.

Yeah I know dummy isn't the be all end all of DPS measurement. I did reforge the 2589+ and more mastery build and it seemed to do 1-2k lower than the max haste build, but like you say, I will try it out in actual DS to see if my findings are correct.

Will also post logs next time to see if I'm doing everything right.