Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What is wrong with PvPers?

Maybe it's just my realm or battlegroup, but players that play high rated PvP often are huge jerks, bragging about their skills and how bads should quit and whatnot.

I just checked out twitchtv naoinv, the commentators seemed professional, but all I could see in the chatbox where other viewers are watching are all arguing about how to play, whos the best, whos the scrubbiest, mocking people who aren't gladiator, etc.

The same can be said about players in PvP guilds, trade chat, youtube comments, and even on this forum.

Superiority complex or what?

15+ Year Old Account
    Short bald man syndrome but online.
    Sig by Safhira

Yea, most highend raiding guild raiding with baddies dont do that.
    No, they are way better than that.
    Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Same thing can be said about MOBA and FPS games, COD coming to mind. Team vs Team games in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I've found that its usually not the super high rated people. Most gladiator players are generally either very nice and helpful or just quiet and reserved. Its the duelists and challengers that are absolute asshats and think they're the best players in the world.
    I also noticed that, the super good players tend to be quite helpful tbh.
    Last edited by BananaInsane; 2012-01-28 at 03:05 AM.

I've found that its usually not the super high rated people. Most gladiator players are generally either very nice and helpful or just quiet and reserved. Its the duelists and challengers that are absolute asshats and think they're the best players in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Ive no idea what ure talking about sry. Im not the biggest PvP fan at all. I mostly do PvE for fun 3times a week. But when a join a random BG. The only thing i see is kids who forgot to take their medicine, and got some serious L2P issues. sry to tell, but atleast its the true same with LFR.
    Welcome to WoW

I have a feeling this will turn into PvE vs PvP "high end" rant..
    But since i do both, what you are saying is true.. Most "high rated" PvPers are jerks, (I said MOST). But dont let it bother you, just ignore/avoid them. And its the same for PvE ranked players.
    Tho PvPers tend to rage and smash keyboards and emo quit more than PvErs would while wipeing on a boss DD (fact!)
    I try to be as nice as i can to people tho, i even got ignored by some player who said "You were too nice and i thougt you were a hacker or something so i ignored you" What a world this is!
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres nothing wrong. What you said is what makes PvP attractive and more challenging than any other content in this game.
    Deal with it.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both pvE and pvp have this problem.

PvE example - >
    OMFG YOU DIDN'T EVEN KILL HEROIC RAG OR MADNESS YET = Scrub

Pvp example - >
    OMFG You didn't even break 2200= Scrub you have no opinion

And it is true MOST pvpers are a bit well have an ego of their own however that also applies to pvE people as well.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-01-28 at 03:31 AM.

It's the competitive spirit in people. It's been somewhat corrupted by everyone's entitlement to everything (imo), resulting in what can only be known as "elitist jerks".

( PS: Also Alcatraz, creepy avatar/sig = )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Its the duelists and challengers that are absolute asshats and think they're the best players in the world.
    It's the internal struggle of the mediocre player. They know deep down that they're only marginally better than the people they talk down to, but desperately want to be seen as one of the elite big boys. You see it in raiders too. You can get a good measure of their mediocrity up front by how loud they are.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOutlaw View Post
    It's the internal struggle of the mediocre player. They know deep down that they're only marginally better than the people they talk down to, but desperately want to be seen as one of the elite big boys. You see it in raiders too. You can get a good measure of their mediocrity up front by how loud they are.
    Oh man that's always a great time in LFR, It's like a comedy show of elitist flaunting each other.

@Swift: It's just an eyeball xD

Its not PvPers.

It's everyone. Pay attention.

Deleted
    Oh joy, another one today, we lost a match while playing 2k MMR teams and one of them made a level 1 alt to whisper us and tell us they frapsed it, going to put it on warcraft movies so everyone can laugh at the "worst team EU"

For an MMO, most of the players are assholes and can get away with it.

It's due to internet anonymity and isn't just limited to PvP. People can act like asshats and get away with it, so they do it. :\

I've noticed the same and my best guess would be that its more personal skill required in arena because of smaller teams. With only 3 players there, for high ratings no one can slack.

In PvE it's usually the guild is thought to be good first, then the player. In PvP, the opposite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOutlaw View Post
    This post is bang on. They want to stand out from the crowd, and act aggressively towards others to do so.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have never been one to push a rating in arena's hardcore, but I do however enjoy battlegrounds. That being said in randoms when I see people fighting in mid/farming hk's and not going for flag returns or protecting/attacking a node in an AB style game, I do tend to start calling people out for being stupid. All the time I hear "who cares, its just a random bg". I think that attitude is bullshit. Don't participate in a competitive aspect of the game if you aren't playing to win. The thing that I don't understand, is when you queue into a random bg, and some dumbass starts giving people shit for being in leveling greens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnarchyEU View Post
    Oh joy, another one today, we lost a match while playing 2k MMR teams and one of them made a level 1 alt to whisper us and tell us they frapsed it, going to put it on warcraft movies so everyone can laugh at the "worst team EU"
    There will always be those types out there who take the game like life and death. Brush it off, because like karma, they'll get their own 15 minutes of fame, too (oh, the drama t-h-a-t would bring).

Deleted
    Had a guy today telling me he watched me playing arena with a priest and how bad I am, and how I must be 14 year old kid, when I never even played arena with a priest on this character