Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    What are you, 12 years old?

WoW has been riding on the shoulders of other MMO giants -- Everquest, Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies to name a few -- and have borrowed many fundamental ideas, from simple concepts to complex systems, from these games.

Blues have even gone on record, on the forums, saying that Blizzard does not innovate, they mainly put polish on others' ideas.
    Can you please show us the quote where Blizzard stated on the forums, on record, "we do not innovate".

right....

I didn't think you could.

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    Can you please show us the quote where Blizzard stated on the forums, on record, "we do not innovate".

right....

You're hanging a bit too literally on his words. Blizzard has stated that a HUGE number of the mechanics / aspects of the game were copied/borrowed/evolved from earlier MMO titles, several of which the founding members of wow's dev team loved and enjoyed (sidenote: those people aren't working wow anymore). His main point is that anyone claiming that SWTOR is "stealing" from wow is ignoring that wow "stole" from every other past mmo. Had wow not existed, swtor could have easily existed. There is not a SINGLE specific aspect of the game that you could directly tie to being influenced by wow. You could easily substitute EQ, DAoC, Ultima Online in on any number of elements swtor uses. And I'm ignoring the more niche or less remembered titles which each had some pretty interesting elements themselves such as Asheron's Call and Shadowbane.

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post

right....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595372038#11

I thought people would atleast have a bit of fun on the nao invitational team names but NOOOOOOOOOOO. We all start to argue about who stole game ideas from who. I shall tell you something what te f does it matter if the product is great i dont mind if they took something out of other games. The wheel has already been invented so dont try to reinvent it try to improve it. Point is all games take something from other games its not stealing its just you are not going to reinvent something that already works great.
    Last edited by Shamocra; 2012-01-29 at 09:07 AM.

Deleted
    Dragon Soul Difficulty Changes Don't forget that the previously mentioned Dragon Soul changes are supposed to be going live next week, so this will likely be your last chance to complete the encounter before everyone has access to the 5% buff.
    hmm seeing us wiping on 2-7% on some bosses this will help us but I think it's a bit too soon to nerf DS

Those are last weeks comics, btw.

The gladiators is... getting worse - if such a thing was even possible. I keep wondering why they keep getting put on the front page. Are they paying MMOC for the linkage?

Heh, DLC never fails to amuse; darn those meatless bears!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Heh, DLC never fails to amuse; darn those meatless bears!
    Don't forget the hooves!
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    I see removing the gap between pve and pvp a big mistake. They're already giving baseline resilience. I know personally I love blowing up noobs who have no gear. Its part of the learning curve. If you don't ha e that what the hell are the new guys striving for? To be only SLIGHTLY better? Cmon now. Blizzard is removing everything that takes a bit of work and rewards you with a feeling of accomplishment. They already gave every class a mortal strike and a self heal. What the hell are they doing. They're going to end up with o e big lame bg with everyone hitting like they're weilding nerf bats.If you hit everyone for 20k, that's alright. But when you hit that one guy for 50k, that's awesome. This is BS. Stop trying to reinvent the bicycle.
    PvP should NEVER be about gear just skill. So your argument is dumb.