Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Honestly guys it's a game based in U.S. so why would they take most of there servers down during prime time U.S. hours to please the minority of there gamers? Sorry to say but get used to maint. sucking for you, i don't see a change in the future on this because there's alot of other things more important to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    We pay money for it and we have a right to be angry if we can't use the service in our prime time, again and again.
    Also, I am struggling to see your objectivity. Would you be so kind as to advise how and who to contact regarding your blatant fan-worship of BW and how you are not fit at all to be a mod?
    Please quote the forums rule and conduct that the thread you locked broke...Please do. All I have even seen you do is lock anything that does not worship SWToR.
    good im pleased about this, it shows we have balance across these forums then although it is still overun more with mods at about 3:1 that when you speak bad about wow you get infracted or banned. Which is why curse should bring/hire neutral proffessional moderators and not some emo kid that bans for every opinion that doesnt agree with his own..like these forums.

Deleted
    originally the patch was the update that got postponed from earlier in the week. But in the course of updateing theyve fucked something up like last time and now they have to extend the maintenance to fix it.

Im not so pissed that their doing maintenance during primetime EU playtime (AGAIN)
    Im not so pissed that theyve fucked up and have to extend it way past the original estimate (AGAIN)

What i am pissed about is their basic lack of communication. i do customer service for one of the biggest phone bb and tv providers in the uk if something fecks up i tell the customer whats fecked up and let them know why its important to fix it. That way the customer understands that although they are without the product theyre paying for there is an actual reason and they know that we know what were doing to fix it. If i told a customer "Sorry theres a problem your install will take 2x as long as we originally thought" id not be getting any bonus that month i can assure you. Id be on a performance plan within a week.

Look at BW forums the few threads about this the ONLY BW responces are telling people to mind the language and look at the patch notes/server status page for info. and all that says is some crappy 1 liner "fixing a bug". A little more communication from their customer service reps that wasnt empty information would calm a lot of the whineing.

TLDR If bioware actually hired people who knew what customer service was and could keep the customers informed we wouldnt have all these whiners

Deleted
    Servers up ? Im at work and they still all down in the official site.

edit: Servers now up 13:35PM GMT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else see a similarity to Bioware's amazing release policy? ("countries not on the release list can suck it").
    Players will no longer randomly suffer falling damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I suspect if BioWare doesn't open the official forums tomorrow there is going to be hell to pay, ha ha ha! I always liked talking on the forums when the realms were down on WoW but to lock the community out is pretty bold.
    And then what? something is going to happen cause you wined? Seriously some of you act like this hasn't happened before.. and guess what its going to happen again and again and again..cause its a MMO and MMO's get patched, maintained, updated.. its the nature of the game. SO if your SO butt hurt over it I would suggest getting over it cause its the nature of the beast.

The forums are always down when they do a maintenance and this is still a surprise? I would imagine to avoid pointless crying like is happening in this thread right now. Oh and yes before you point out the obvious I am a American so I couldn't possibly care enough about EU issues ( just so I can get that out of the way now ) I cant play atm either btw. Oh I would like to, my kids in bed and this is when I get to steal some early morning game time but I aint going to cry about it. Nope instead im happy they are busting there ass to fix the game and I dont give a crap when they did it. During US prime time? yep sure bring it on cause its a MMO and thats what happens with MMO's its only for a few hours every few days and guess what? It improves the game!! sweet!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olocan View Post
    Honestly guys it's a game based in U.S. so why would they take most of there servers down during prime time U.S. hours to please the minority of there gamers? Sorry to say but get used to maint. sucking for you, i don't see a change in the future on this because there's alot of other things more important to fix.
    lol good way to create a worldwide success. i'm sure that eu players are glad they're b-series customers.

Deleted
    I find it hard to imagine what kind of bug would have warranted an emergency downtime during PEAK HOURS for half of their customer base.

If the regular downtimes weren't enough, doing it on a Saturday is adding insult to injury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olocan View Post
    Your telling me its hard for a company as big as bioware to split the maintenance so that both EU and US dont miss out on prime play time?

Blizzard made this same feckup 7 years ago you telling me noone at BW actually checked other MMO's to see what major fuckups they did so they could avoid them?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    We pay money for it and we have a right to be angry if we can't use the service in our prime time, again and again.
    Also, I am struggling to see your objectivity. Would you be so kind as to advise how and who to contact regarding your blatant fan-worship of BW and how you are not fit at all to be a mod?
    Please quote the forums rule and conduct that the thread you locked broke...Please do. All I have even seen you do is lock anything that does not worship SWToR.
    If you have a problem with my conduct igame please feel free to report me to Boub or Sunshine. You had an issue before when I infracted you and you were found to have been unanimously wrong in your appeal. If you consider me biased or incorrect for closing a thread that was page after page of non-constructive posting. If I, or any other mod, was biased against posts or threads critical of the game, there would be about half as many threads as there are now and far fewer posts. On the first two page alone there are threads about how this game needs LFG, this thread, a thread critical of the terrible state of crafting professions, multiple threads on bugs, lack of dual spec being a serious issue, a thread about the lack of customizable UI being a huge issue, and probably another thread or two I overlooked. These forums aren't just the rainbows and sunshine of SWTOR like you seem to imply. If it was you wouldn't be posting here because you would have been permanently banned like the overbearing mods on the official forums.

This is a forum for constructive posting, both in favor and in criticism of the game. That is it. No mod on here is going to take issue at all with anyone having a constructive critical opinion about the quality of Bioware, EA, or the game itself. No one thinks that this game is perfect (or they are insane). Posts like yours, the "mod worships the game" post and others in the past not this one, that are constantly critical without being constructive are not the type that are welcome though. That is why threads get closed, people get infracted, etc. Not one single person in this thread, out of the dozens of people with critical opinions, has been infracted because they have all posted constructively. It is perfectly fine to dislike the game as long as it is done constructively. This thread is filled with that. The other thread was not.

And yes, if all they fixed was that issue it was incredibly stupid to do an emergency maintenance now. It is a bad issue that I am sure is affecting plenty of folks, but that doesn't sound like an issue that needed to be addressed prior to the scheduled maintenance unless that issue had suddenly gotten much worse and was affecting a massive amount of players all the sudden.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-01-28 at 01:41 PM.

Seems to be ALOT of qq. BUT this game is played around the world, anytime they do a maintence some timezones are gonna be worse off. That is life get used to it. And btw you aussies are not the only ones getting "screwed" dont be so conceded.

15+ Year Old Account
    People should all calm down. This is a new game, and this is to be expected. The same thing happened with wow when it launched, and rift went down quite a bit for the first few few weeks at odd times. Everyone is so quick to rage, its scary...
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    waaa waaa bioware dont fix bugs waa waaaaaaa bioware are fail.....
    ...*next day*..
    Waaaa waaa bioware are bastards and fail because they patch and fix bugs this week waaaa...

Yes this is how you all come across, pathetic and whiney emo's.
    Get the fuck off your fat asses, go get some fresh air and have a word with yourselfs.
    Why is this post even allowed? All it does is aggravate and instigate people :|

OT: I am glad that the game is fixing the various problems it has, I really enjoy the game as well as many other friends. Just how they go around informing people of these things, there seems to be more complaining all the time and a large amount of it is justified if you take the time to read the logical ones (It isn't hard if you have a brain, just ignore the "omg SWTOR is down, I hate Bioware"). That said at least the January 31st is a good time (New Years and it has been given a decent notice).

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    People should all calm down. This is a new game, and this is to be expected. The same thing happened with wow when it launched, and rift went down quite a bit for the first few few weeks at odd times. Everyone is so quick to rage, its scary...
    I thought that to, but this game was released with a lot of bugs. This is just what I was informed but I read and was told that people on beta pointed out many problems with this game but it was still released WITH those errors that were pointed out. Yes, a lot were fixed but at the same time a lot were over looked. As I said, look at more of the logical complaints and you can probably agree that they are justified. I know people dislike comparing WoW to SWTOR but look, WoW is the king of all mmo games so you would figure that Bioware would just learn from the mistakes of WoW. Proper timing for bringing down servers, better notification and explaining to your player why rather than leaving them in the dark, better patch testing, etc. I won't quit this game or WoW, I will still play regardless but my experience playing WoW at the start has been a lot better than playing SWTOR at the start. Just my experience though.
    Last edited by Forgottenone; 2012-01-28 at 01:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Why is this post even allowed? All it does is aggravate and instigate people :|

OT: I am glad that the game is fixing the various problems it has, I really enjoy the game as well as many other friends. Just how they go around informing people of these things, there seems to be more complaining all the time and a large amount of it is justified if you take the time to read the logical ones (It isn't hard if you have a brain, just ignore the "omg SWTOR is down, I hate Bioware"). That said at least the January 31st is a good time (New Years and it has been given a decent notice).
    It isn't allowed and was infracted 10 minutes ago by Dakia (must have been right after you quoted it). Posts like that are the type not wanted you are 100% correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    BW is in a tough spot. Their really damned if they do damned if they don't. People complain they released a buggy game. They fix buggy game people complain. Can't make everyone happy. I remember the downtime when warcraft started, that's when i was actually able to log on. Good times Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    It isn't allowed and was infracted 10 minutes ago by Dakia (must have been right after you quoted it). Posts like that are the type not wanted you are 100% correct.
    Ah, sorry for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    BW is in a tough spot. Their really damned if they do damned if they don't. People complain they released a buggy game. They fix buggy game people complain. Can't make everyone happy. I remember the downtime when warcraft started, that's when i was actually able to log on. Good times Good times.
    You completely missed the point.

Were not pissed because Bioware is fixing the game, anyone who thinks that is simply an idiot. We're pissed because systematically these downtimes take place during European prime time. No effort is taken WHATSOEVER to compensate. No effort is taken WHATSOEVER to "spread the pain" and do it during US primetime for a damn change. No explaination as to why is give... WHATSOEVER (<- kinda my thing this post, you understand)

And that is why we are pissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    You completely missed the point.

Were not pissed because Bioware is fixing the game, anyone who thinks that is simply an idiot. We're pissed because systematically these downtimes take place during European prime time. No effort is taken WHATSOEVER to compensate. No effort is taken WHATSOEVER to "spread the pain" and do it during US primetime for a damn change. No explaination as to why is give... WHATSOEVER (<- kinda my thing this post, you understand)

And that is why we are pissed.
    Out of curiosity have you carried this polemic to the CS forums? MMO champion can do little about BW's policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    so, more importantly, are they back up?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Out of curiosity have you carried this polemic to the CS forums? MMO champion can do little about BW's policy.
    Yes, on several occasions. Never made a thread as there are plenty around to post in. Which is why its hard for me to understand why they still havent given any feedback on this.