Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i dont care, as we have Saturday and i dont have to go to work. i can lie down and do nothing..

Seeing as blizz did this many times before it's not a big deal. WoW prepared me for this lol.

lol @ the complainers.

Seriously? You have to play the game that bad? Well I guess that's a good thing for the game at least...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De-nied View Post
    lulz so the other thread was closed by an american mod with the snide remark "sorry that bioware is improving their game when it isn't convenient for you"
    hilarious. i guess that goes for us too then. Sorry europeans and australian gamers youre just sol
    At least he/she has a sense of humor. Improving their game might be a stretch though. We don't even know what is being done at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Yes, Bioware is doing this at a time that could be considered inconvenient for some folks. It happens. Any maintenance period is going to be inconvenient for some people. Yes they need different maintenance periods for each region, but they are getting the game in an improved functional state right now. This isn't them adding in new raids and stuff. They are fixing bugs and getting the game working perfectly. Chances are it is far easier for them to issue these sort of updates to every server at the same time, rather than US on Tuesday, EU on Wednesday, etc. which leads to just as many people bitching about how it is unfair that the US gets stuff earlier as bitch about the EU downtime being slightly more inconvenient then it is for the US. Today is my day off. I was planning on playing this morning because I will be out later today. I'm not here whining about it because I realize, this might be shocking, that the game isn't going anywhere. If I don't get to play RIGHT NOW the world isn't going to end. I would rather have them improve the game and fix the small bugs like Ilum than just say "fuck it, we can't fix anything ever because someone somewhere will be pissed" and leave the game to die in an unsupported state.

The servers are down. They announced it, but not soon enough for some of you (although I would love to know what soon enough is as people still don't understand WoW maintenance and that has happened at the same time for years). Their communication issues have always sucked (hello not announcing their own pre-orders and leaving Kotaku to do that). Any maintenance period is going to be annoying for some people. Right now they are annoying for a large chunk of EU players thanks to there being no divided maintenance periods for whatever good reason I am sure they have. This isn't the first time this has happened. Why do you all feel it necessary to start threads and complain about these unpreventable issues when this has happened several times since launch while they are doing emergency patches? If the previous dozen emergency patches at EU "peak" times didn't make you quit, stop acting like this one is going to.
    I have never experienced the bug that took out my saturday.
    I dont care if they are improving the game, and wait, what? improving the game? by fixing a bug me and most people never experienced?
    Dude, i payed for this game to PLAY it i dont care if it has bugs noone notices, i want to PLAY.
    Here it is, laid out simple for you to read it:

When people have free time, they want to PLAY.
    People have free time on weekends+mainteances on weekends=unhappy people.
    That minor bug COULD have waited to be fixed on monday but but nooo.
    And the most annoying is that we dont get compensated! 30 days of game-time, yeah, and they take rougly 2 days from us with theese mainteances, i dont care if 2 days cost 15 cents, they are still 2 days and i want them

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes EU and Aussie players, along with early AM US players, are presently SOL. For a couple hours, not for the rest of time. Everyone always acts like the world is ending in these situations and gets so incredibly pissed when they can't have their precious for a couple hours.
    And why shouldn't we get pissed? It's prime time, or almost that, down here in EU, we don't know why the servers are down (what is being fixed? why is it so importaint they do it now? I don't see anything about this being an "emergency fix" anywhere), we don't have an ETA on them coming back up, and we pay money for something we are not getting. And it's not the first time this has happened, and somehow the EU always gets hit more or at a more inconvenient time. I'm sorry but "they have always sucked at communicating this stuff to the public, so why are you surprised now" is not a good excuse.

Deleted
    I have never experienced the bug that took out my saturday.
    I dont care if they are improving the game, and wait, what? improving the game? by fixing a bug me and most people never experienced?
    Plenty of people notice it, including myself. I've been kicked out of warzones back to the loading screen on several occasions. Just because you don't experience it, doesn't make it insignificant, it just makes you lucky.

A) Not a snide remark. I am honestly sorry it is happening at an inconvenient time. Yes it is incredibly stupid that they don't have independent times, but you have to realize that any time they do maintenance is going to anger hundreds of thousands of players.
    B) Yes EU and Aussie players, along with early AM US players, are presently SOL. For a couple hours, not for the rest of time. Everyone always acts like the world is ending in these situations and gets so incredibly pissed when they can't have their precious for a couple hours.
    It doesn't work that way they don't have to anger hundreds of thousands of players if they would make individual times. Why strap an EU label on server if that server runs after the US timezone? And to the people who say "but aussies have it like that all the time" i must say and i don't wanna be a dick, there are no Oceanic servers, there are only US and EU servers that should work based on those timezones

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowesdower View Post
    Guess who has no where else to go....

I suspect if BioWare doesn't open the official forums tomorrow there is going to be hell to pay, ha ha ha! I always liked talking on the forums when the realms were down on WoW but to lock the community out is pretty bold.
    On the spot. And I was wondering what am I doing here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Plenty of people notice it, including myself. I've been kicked out of warzones back to the loading screen on several occasions. Just because you don't experience it, doesn't make it insignificant, it just makes you lucky.
    Still it isnt as inconvenient as wiping your prime-time off the floor.
    They could have waited till monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamander View Post
    On the german forums, there is a post with the patchnotes:

Patch Notes für heute (Samstag, der 28..Januar):

Allgemein

Es wurden Verbesserungen durchgeführt, welche die Anzahl der Verbindungprobleme, welche zur Rückkehr auf die Charakterauswahl führen, reduzieren.

This maintenance should reduce !! the counts of disconnects kicking you back to your character selection screen.
    We had a guy the other night who could not join any Warzone without being insta punted... he persisted and got in
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    A) Not a snide remark. I am honestly sorry it is happening at an inconvenient time. Yes it is incredibly stupid that they don't have independent times, but you have to realize that any time they do maintenance is going to anger hundreds of thousands of players.
    B) Yes EU and Aussie players, along with early AM US players, are presently SOL. For a couple hours, not for the rest of time. Everyone always acts like the world is ending in these situations and gets so incredibly pissed when they can't have their precious for a couple hours.
    Well ,one has to vant his/her frustration somehow. This kind of thread used to make wow downtimes fun for me. I'm sure one can explain his/her frustration without animosity, like I have. It's just always blown out of proportion.
    Do I know the need for patching and fixing stuff up ? Sure, doesn't make it less annoying not being able to play. I'm not raging at bioware for making the game better... simply frustrated I can't play.
    Plus I have this horrifying feeling that we always get the worst deal in Europe as far as those downtime go. Can't help thinking it's quite unfair. (perhaps it's even worse for australiens from what I've read)
    I'll just do something else instead even though my first choice was playing. Oh well, no big deal there's this fun series of documentaries about the worst jobs in the Middle Ages, I'm going to watch the last part.

Yes, Bioware is doing this at a time that could be considered inconvenient for some folks. It happens. Any maintenance period is going to be inconvenient for some people.
    The definition of "some people" seems to be all the European players. And with "it happens", you mean "like clockwork every week, plus some extra maintenance also just about every week". Then you are spot on. We're pissed because its always us to take the bullet. If they insist on doing this at the same time in europe and the us, how about they do it during us prime-time for a change?

Yes they need different maintenance periods for each region,
    Im glad we agree. No one should be getting screwed over.

but they are getting the game in an improved functional state right now. This isn't them adding in new raids and stuff. They are fixing bugs and getting the game working perfectly.
    apparently fixing massive bugs and striving to achieve a perfect game seems to be less important then inconvenienceing the US-side. Heavens forbid.

Chances are it is far easier for them to issue these sort of updates to every server at the same time, rather than US on Tuesday, EU on Wednesday, etc. which leads to just as many people bitching about how it is unfair that the US gets stuff earlier as bitch about the EU downtime being slightly more inconvenient then it is for the US.
    Back to my original remark, if they insist on doing it at the same time. Spread around the pain a little...

Today is my day off. I was planning on playing this morning because I will be out later today. I'm not here whining about it because I realize, this might be shocking, that the game isn't going anywhere. If I don't get to play RIGHT NOW the world isn't going to end. I would rather have them improve the game and fix the small bugs like Ilum than just say "fuck it, we can't fix anything ever because someone somewhere will be pissed" and leave the game to die in an unsupported state.
    Yes it must be awefull getting to lose an hour or so once in a while... No but seriously, if this happend once in a while most wouldnt care. But besides the standerd every week mid-day maintence for Eu. We also get every single extra maintenace down our throat. Its about problems with the management, not related to game issues at all.

Any maintenance period is going to be annoying for some people.
    We already covered this. Some people = always EU.

Right now they are annoying for a large chunk of EU players thanks to there being no divided maintenance periods for whatever good reason I am sure they have.
    Thats another thing. What is their reason anyway? They never explained or even said sorry.

This isn't the first time this has happened. Why do you all feel it necessary to start threads and complain about these unpreventable issues when this has happened several times since launch while they are doing emergency patches? If the previous dozen emergency patches at EU "peak" times didn't make you quit, stop acting like this one is going to.
    Maybe because most of are now comming to realize this wasnt a bumpy start, but has turned into a consistent event. And they have not explained on this or shown any intention of improvement or care towards their european players.
    Dont worry, eventually the QQ threads will get less as european people start to leave and only the goodie truebelievers remain. Goodluck with that.

Deleted
    Improved service to reduce the number of player disconnections to the character selection screen.

BW better put their flamesuits on. Saturday night promises to be entertaining.

Do you complain when your GF is on the rags for the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    lol @ the complainers.

Seriously? You have to play the game that bad? Well I guess that's a good thing for the game at least...
    Do you want a game where the player base does not demand accountability and quality service? The problem is that often with online games, there seems to be a lower expectation of customer service. Don't you think these games could be managed better if there was a higher level of quality expectations?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellrae View Post
    Be glad that they even offer servers to play on in Europe. Be glad that they are actually trying to fix things that are broken so you won't have to piss and whine about broken stuff and your 15 euros a month being wasted. Every major piece of software with the size and scope of this from a company who's doing it for the first time has growing pains. You'll live, I promise.
    Wait, what? You're presenting it here as some kind of grand gift from the benovelent rulers of Austin.

We're paying; even more than American players, and we get worse service. If BioWare doesn't care about offering us the same kind of 'experience' (you have to remember that all companies are selling an 'experience' these days) as the average American player, then it should be frank about it. Now they're just ignoring and rediculing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Do you complain when your GF is on the rags for the weekend?
    No, she has a mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Still it isnt as inconvenient as wiping your prime-time off the floor.
    They could have waited till monday.
    I'd rather they fixed as much as they could as soon as possible.

This is my prime-time as well, i just prefer to have this fixed.

Deleted
    This tends to be the answer unemployed people give. That isn't an insult btw incase anyone wants to get ban-happy.

'Don't complain. Its only a couple of hours.'????

TOR is built for the casual player. Casual. Casual players don't have 10 hrs a day to play. If they did then your argument would have merit imo. They don't hence the naming of 'casual' being applied to them.

Work/University/School/Kindergarten etc...9-17 in most countries with the weekend free.

For the EU (which isn't 10% of the game's population but more close to 40% - PM me for link) primetime is when we're not at work/university/school/kindergarten...afternoon evenings AND the weekend.

Long story short...too late?...it makes a large impact on a casual's gaming time to have servers down in the evenings and weekend afternoons. Large impact...EU market...hence some whining.

If we were all unemployed/free all day then Primetime would be considered 24/7...it isn't and the current TOR downtime schedule wouldn't impact/enrage as many.