Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Yes, on several occasions. Never made a thread as there are plenty around to post in. Which is why its hard for me to understand why they still havent given any feedback on this.
    Probably because they don't need to. You made an agreement that the game will have its downtime.

Deleted
    Personally I don't understand why BW doesn't use a different time for EU servers like other MMOs

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Just a reality check for you EU people, blizzard is one of the very few mmo companies around the world that does staggered maintenance like that. Most games do maintenance during whatever time zone they are in. Just for example square enix always does maintenance on ffxi during japan mainland time, it has been like that for 9 years now over there. Yes there are complaints but its not going to change really.

Also in before game is dead or doesnt matter etc.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Deleted
    Also in before game is dead or doesnt matter etc.
    You're a few hours late

Also, worth locking this down now as the whole dramafest is over?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Look, if you're going to unsubscribe because they're deploying an emergency patch, then please do so and save us the whine threads.
    I agree with this guy (or girl). Theres really no need to rage over this. People seriously need to calm the fuck down.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerevan View Post
    No one is complaining about the patches. It's the times they implement the patches; they do this with absolutely no regard to European players and with a typical American centric vision that involves a whole solar system rotating around Washington DC. We have to swallow a patch at a time when a lot of us want to game (weekend, hello?), while the Americans get their patch when they're going to sleep. De facto European consumers already pay more (on the ground of the exchange rate), but we get less de facto play time.
    Newsflash: Bioware uses times that are most efficient for their company. It has nothing to do with European players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    Just a reality check for you EU people, blizzard is one of the very few mmo companies around the world that does staggered maintenance like that. Most games do maintenance during whatever time zone they are in.
    We know that. Believe me, when you live in a small country the first thing you do before spending money an online game (or any service for that matter) is find out whether there's going to be localization or whether it's another game that's only for American or Japanese hours.

And for this game they sold us a lie that there's European localization when there isn't. Given the popularity of Star Wars, there are advertisements on my TV during programs that have nothing to do with video games, all promising us localization and convenient game times. I go to a video game store and there's a pile of SWToR boxes with advertisement telling us that there are European servers for European game times and localization.

If they had simply announced that their services are entirely US-centric and Europeans get what they get, I don't know if I would have bought the game but I certainly wouldn't be this angry. We wouldn't be pissed off if we had spent our money knowing that the game is going to be unavailable to Europeans so often, we are angry because we were led to believe that the game has proper localization when it doesn't have it.

I'm so pissed off about this that I actually contacted the local consumer protection agency and showed them some of the advertisement they've been putting out here and they told me that yes, basically I can make a good case for misleading marketing and probably force them to give me a refund... but I don't want a refund! I want to play this game and I want to be able to tell my mates who unsubbed because of the constant maintainance during EU prime time that they can come back. All it would take is the trivial step of giving EU servers different maintainance times for all these not terribly critical patches. Why would they make the huge investment to get a datacenter in Europe for separate European servers and then lose so many costumers by not actually having the European servers up during European gaming hours?

The funny thing is I don't like Blizzard games that much but I'm still a huge Blizzard fanboy because when you are an older guy with limited entertainment hours you'll spend them with the company that has the best customer service, the least amount of disappointing surprises and the least marketing lies and in video games that company has been Blizzard since before they even had WoW. With Blizzard you know what you get: if they decide that offering some service in my small country is not worth it, they'll just tell you that, if they promise localization, they'll deliver it, and that just makes them so much more respectable than any other video gaming company I've wasted my money on. Once Blizzard releases something new that I probably won't even like as much as this game I'll just probably go back to them because a video game is not worth this amount of frustration and I know I'm not going to have the same headaches with Blizzard.

I feel really sorry for you guys if you get this angry about not being able to play a game for a little while.

15+ Year Old Account
    oh man this thread is lulz so you want some game exploits to remain in game so you cry baby eu players can play nice way to look at it

Deleted
    Wonder how many US players would QQ if the times affected them

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Wonder how many US players would QQ if the times affected them
    honestly i wouldnt care because the game isnt my life try going outside once in a while

Deleted
    If you don't care don't bother answering, let the thread for people who care to see this system prosper and grow to be convenient for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    honestly i wouldnt care because the game isnt my life try going outside once in a while
    Lol, It's not the fact that they wanna play the game or it's their life. It's the fact they took the game down on a Saturday (Which is odd for an MMO) they did so with with little warning. All these people who are crying "Zomg I'mma unsubcribe QQQQQQQQ" are just being plain stupid.
    Last edited by Zellery; 2012-01-28 at 08:57 PM.

Yaay patching instead of playing yet again on a weekend!

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree.

I think that they shouldnt bring it down @ uknown times/dates ... few days ago they also did that and it was @ a time i was off work.

I got a bit annoyed over that.

With wow u know that it gets maintenance on wednesday and can keep that in mind.

But i bet it had to get offline for some reason, they dont want to have downtime at all (logic)
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Newsflash: Bioware uses times that are most efficient for their company. It has nothing to do with European players.
    So..you are saying that they put themselves over their customers?...I would expect a GOOD company to go out of their way for their customers over saving a few dollars.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well this has turned into a personal and regional bashfest. Hopefully Bioware can find a better system in the near future. Closing.