• Sniper/scoundrel

5 9.62%
  • Mercanery/commando

0 0%
  • Powertech/vanguard

5 9.62%

Which class do you think worst in pvp ?

and is it the class you are playing ?

You mixed up the smuggler/imperial agent advanced classes.

indeed, it's Operative/Scoundrel and Sniper/Gunslinger also Assassin has 4 "S" in it

Do Jaggernaut's get a RedBull companion?

Deleted
    I'm not super good at identifying all the advanced classes in the heat of combat but I have a general idea of what's doing well and what not:

On the weaker side:

Guardian/Juggernaut - They tend to die fast and easily and don't have many defensive tools unless specced into tanking.
    Sentinel/Marauder - Occasionally they do some insane burst damage but other than that they don't seem to have much going for them. At least they have a few escape tools though.
    Shadow/Assassin - Good opening burst but not much outside of that. Have a fair amount of "escape" tools however.

Unsure

Gunslinger/Sniper - Fairly rare so hard to judge. Have some incredible burst occasionally, but not sure if they're OP.

On the stronger side

Sage/Sorcerer - Stun Stun Stun dead is what it often feels like when fighting Sorcerers. Add Shields, Heals and Range and the class has lots of Strengths with few Weaknesses.
    Scoundrel/Operative - The melee spec especially is very overpowered and deals insane damage.
    Commando/Mercenary - Just seems very durable while dealing lots of damage. And lol @ Tracer dart spam.
    Vanguard/Powertech - Again, very durable healers with lots of utility and few weaknesses.

But that's just my personal take playing a melee class to valor rank 40.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2012-01-28 at 01:55 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    operatives are arguably the worst at pvp.

at least when i play one

Ops aren't very good until level 36 when they get hidden strike and can have 2 points into their knockdown ability. Then they're mediocre until lvl 40 when they get acid blade. After that, they're pretty wicked at burst damage. Their sustained damage is quite lacking though.

With sorc/sage and merc/commando though, I was able to just plain melt faces off from very early on. With either, I was topping charts at just about whatever I wanted by level 20. Shadow/assassin is slow to ramp up. I needed level 20ish on shadow before I even felt like it was worth queuing up for a warzone. They're fun after that, with some good utility and decent sustained damage.

Juggs/Guards are by far the worst imo UNLESS you are specced tank AND ACT LIKE A TANK. I PvP as a Defense Guardian and my Protection stats often make the difference between a win and a loss. Its unreal how much damage I can keep my teammates from taking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Vanguard/Powertech - Again, very durable healers with lots of utility and few weaknesses.
    Vanguards/Powertechs are not healers, they are tank/dps.

OT: I haven't really felt anything being too strong or too weak in this game. I kill everything and get killed by everything. The only class I have troubles with are OPs (but they are getting nerfed) and I've yet to feel like a class just doesn't have any chances against me when they had the same amount of gear.

I find my Jugg to be very good at PvP. Especially with the ability to reset Force Charge, it's extremely easy to escape as long as you know when to use it. Force Push + Lightsaber Throw + Charge + Force Choke also doubles as great CC, interrupt and rage builder combo to burst down an oppenent as Vengeance spec. As Immortal spec, you're basically the single entity on the field that all other classes on your team should bow their heads to and beg for protection. It's a different playstyle, but it can pretty much change a losing game into a win. Or keep a winning game a win.

Juggs might not be the epitome of PvP classes, but they sure as hell aren't the worst class. I'd even dare say that they are one of the better PvP classes if played in a pvp-oriented way instead of adhering to the standard PvE rotation. It's just that most players who do PvP as a Jugg, play as if they are fighting NPCs. That's a surefire way to fail hard.

On my mercenary I have more problems in PvP against good players. Sure, I can do insane damage and I have a lot of good tools at my disposal, but the cast times are horrid against anyone who knows what 'LoS' means and anyone who knows what 'Interrupt' means. Haven't tried healing spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I'm not super good at identifying all the advanced classes in the heat of combat but I have a general idea of what's doing well and what not:

On the weaker side:

Guardian/Juggernaut - They tend to die fast and easily and don't have many defensive tools unless specced into tanking.
    Sentinel/Marauder - Occasionally they do some insane burst damage but other than that they don't seem to have much going for them. At least they have a few escape tools though.
    Shadow/Assassin - Good opening burst but not much outside of that. Have a fair amount of "escape" tools however.

Unsure

Gunslinger/Sniper - Fairly rare so hard to judge. Have some incredible burst occasionally, but not sure if they're OP.

On the stronger side

Sage/Sorcerer - Stun Stun Stun dead is what it often feels like when fighting Sorcerers. Add Shields, Heals and Range and the class has lots of Strengths with few Weaknesses.
    Scoundrel/Operative - The melee spec especially is very overpowered and deals insane damage.
    Commando/Mercenary - Just seems very durable while dealing lots of damage. And lol @ Tracer dart spam.

But that's just my personal take playing a melee class to valor rank 40.
    Shadow/Assassin weak, seriously?
    Shadow/Assassins are very gear dependant, but once they are geared they can tear pretty much everyone apart, they are pretty hard to kill, they got guard which is pretty awesome to save healers/ballcarriers and got like a million ways to get away.
    I saw an assassin open with a 6k crit, stun and another 2 5k crits on me, while i am mostly pvp geared (all pvp gear besides helm and gloves)

10+ Year Old Account
    Strong:
    Merc/Commando
    Sage/Sorc
    Scoundrel/Operative (until next patch)
    - These 2 Ranged classes are clearly the best overall. They do good damage and both have good survivability, although they do it in different ways. Scoundrel/Op burst is obviously the best in the game for now.

OK:
    Sentinel/Marauder
    Assassin/Shadow
    Powertech/Vanguard
    Juggernaut/Guardian
    - The 4 melee classes all have mobility problems of varying degrees, but they make up for it in other ways

Bad:
    Sniper/Gunslinger
    - Being a class that literally roots itself in place in order to do damage in a highly mobile PvP situation is not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by H3ll View Post
    Shadow/Assassin weak, seriously?
    Shadow/Assassins are very gear dependant, but once they are geared they can tear pretty much everyone apart, they are pretty hard to kill, they got guard which is pretty awesome to save healers/ballcarriers and got like a million ways to get away.
    I saw an assassin open with a 6k crit, stun and another 2 5k crits on me, while i am mostly pvp geared (all pvp gear besides helm and gloves)
    Guard makes their survivability go up so much, and the best part about it is that dps isn't too affected. The pvp spec I use right now is a 31 deception spec based on using guard so it has none of the surging charge skills. The only people that really give me problems are usually battlemasters, I'm only rank 51 atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post

OK:
    Sentinel/Marauder
    Assassin/Shadow
    Powertech/Vanguard
    Juggernaut/Guardian
    - The 4 melee classes all have mobility problems of varying degrees, but they make up for it in other ways
    I really think the melee classes should get some form of run speed bonus at present, like 10-15% run speed but only when in combat or something. Its extremely frustrating trying to get to your target currently when your target can just shoot the crap out of you while you slowly walk towards them.