Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    8) Downloaded 11.9 AMD drivers, no dice. 12.1, no dice. Finally installed 12.2 preview drivers and it works.
    New drivers you say? Only interesting or informative thing in that entire post. Have to check them out

---------- Post added 2012-01-28 at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Woops. I forgot. No arena. DAY 1 PURCHASE AND SUB.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    New drivers you say? Only interesting or informative thing in that entire post. Have to check them out

---------- Post added 2012-01-28 at 06:25 PM ----------

Woops. I forgot. No arena. DAY 1 PURCHASE AND SUB.
    Arena is the furthest thing from my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Arena is the furthest thing from my mind.
    You'll forgive me then. Your after what exactly? Rated bgs?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    Im thinking of buying this game, but what do you people think who already play it, is it worth the retail price / subscription?
    If your looking for a game that provides a challenge even while levelling, meaning you can actually die when you pull 2 packs or try going in heroic questing areas then you will enjoy it. If your tiny bit smarter then a zombie then wow would be a better option, but since I don't know you I can't tell you which game to go for.

Deleted
    I started playing SWTOR in the Beta and pretty much enjoy it up to know.

I have a Main on lvl 50, started this week doing raids (or so called Operations) and i think they're made great! Bossfights really have a discting feeling to them.
    I also have two alts, one on lvl 41 and the other on lvl 12 so far.
    Questing is really interesting. In comparison to other MMOs where you'd just read through a wall of text, in SWTOR you are having auditive dialogues with NPCs and you're able to make choices during those conversations. the choices sometimes alter quests or rewards, which gives some will to alt characters.

Well ... to sum up, what i really like:
    - Questing is interesting
    - Space Combat is a neat mini game
    - Operations are fun (also there are couple of difficultys)
    - Hardmodes are quite hard if you group isn't that good (and if you're not overgeared)

What I don't like so far:
    - too many sorcerers / consulars ^^
    - kinda annoying down times (i'll explain in the next paragraph)

Downtimes:
    SWTOR is down once a week for weekly maintance work and about 1-2 times additionally for implementing crutial patches.
    Though i don't think that patching bugs is a bad thing, i pretty much hate the time they're taking off the servers.
    Maintanence happens simultaniously all around the world and for residents of america it is during the night or early morning ...
    for players from europe it is from morning to mid-afternoon (that's were i come from) ...
    but for players in australia it's the most annoying: their downtimes are in the evening ...

Also: If you decide the get the game and want to play something that is very rare or uncommon ... choose the Smuggler / Imperial Agent and play it on Gunslinger / Sniper ... rarest class there is ^^ but it's pure dps.

No.

End game is terrible right now. Aside from being incredibly bugged and broken it's just plain easy and boring. The only difference between normal mode, hard mode, and nightmare mode is that the bosses hit harder and have more health. No new mechanics are introduced, but there are more bugs on harder difficulties.

PVP is a mess.

Deleted
    Game innovates in no areas, it's been done before and done better. Combat is sloppy, PvP is a mess, endgame is incredibly meh.

I can't really recommend TOR to anyone, I guess if you're a massive Star Wars fan...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    Game innovates in no areas, it's been done before and done better. Combat is sloppy, PvP is a mess, endgame is incredibly meh.

I can't really recommend TOR to anyone, I guess if you're a massive Star Wars fan...
    Companion crafting. Innovation. Just because you dismiss it or fail to recognize it as such, does not mean it doesn't exist. Nice try though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, this thread again!

Here's the skinny. There are basically three camps on this:

Camp 1: Great game, nothing wrong, everything about it is amazing: buy, buy, buy.

Camp 2: Bad game, everything is wrong, everything about it is awful, avoid: avoid, avoid.

Camp 3: Good game, has some problems, some really fun stuff, some really buggy shit, some really boring crap: try it and see if you like it, try it and see if you like it, try it and see if you like it.

Guess which camp has the least biased opinion!

Deleted
    Companion crafting. Innovation. Just because you dismiss it or fail to recognize it as such, does not mean it doesn't exist. Nice try though.
    Oh wow yes, how could one overlook the amazing companion crafting system, which involves clicking 1 button and waiting for 5-60 minutes for them to magically "craft" the item (which we never see). Instead of actually crafting it ourselves which involves WAIT FOR IT: clicking a button.

Seriously, boasting about companion crafting is pretty shameful.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a story, HELL YEAH.

I personally love the game, and I'm not leaving it anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow yes, how could one overlook the amazing companion crafting system, which involves clicking 1 button and waiting for 5-60 minutes for them to magically "craft" the item (which we never see). Instead of actually crafting it ourselves which involves WAIT FOR IT: clicking a button.

You can tear down any innovation like that. OH WOW LFD.. clicking a button and waiting for 10-15 for the server to magically form a group. Instead of actually forming it ourselves which involves WAIT FOR IT: Clicking a button. Move on.

Seriously talking shit about something of which you haven't fully thought through is pretty shameful.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Yay, this thread again!

Here's the skinny. There are basically three camps on this:

Camp 1: Great game, nothing wrong, everything about it is amazing: buy, buy, buy.

Camp 2: Bad game, everything is wrong, everything about it is awful, avoid: avoid, avoid.

Camp 3: Good game, has some problems, some really fun stuff, some really buggy shit, some really boring crap: try it and see if you like it, try it and see if you like it, try it and see if you like it.

Guess which camp has the least biased opinion!
    I haven't found really boring crap. I haven't found much buggy shit either.

Worth $30, but not $60+subscription. This is going to catch lots of heat, but this is probably the worst MMO launch I've been a part of since SWG. And that was 8 1/2 years ago.
    It's an absolute bugfest. The servers are stable, but the engine is trash. It's a bugfest. The classes are horribly imbalanced, and their response is not to balance them but to nerf the least played into oblivion. Not tweaks, not changes, nerfed 40% in one swoop. These knee-jerk reactions are pretty common thus far in terms of everything. Huge, sweeping changes rather than tweaks. Customer support is a nightmare.

I actually feel really bad for getting some of my WoW guildies to buy this game rather than just quitting outright.

Deleted
    You can tear down any innovation like that. OH WOW LFD.. clicking a button and waiting for 10-15 for the server to magically form a group. Instead of actually forming it ourselves which involves WAIT FOR IT: Clicking a button. Move on.

Seriously talking shit about something of which you haven't fully thought through is pretty shameful.
    Well you failed quite terribly with this example, since LFD removed the need to ask around for people to join the group, check their gear (if needed), and travel to the instance.

What will you come up with next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you failed quite terribly with this example, since LFD removed the need to ask around for people to join the group, check their gear (if needed), and travel to the instance.

Well you failed quite terribly with your example since crafting removed the need for you to actually be online or do the task yourself or even limit yourself to crafting or upgrading one skill at a time or be in front of a forge/anvil.

Will you come up with next?

Just like how companion crew skills removed the need to farm stuff and stand there crafting stuff yourself etc?

I mean, I agree it's not that innovative, but if you'r gonna say LFD was innovative just because of those reasons it's just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Artravus View Post
    Welcome to camp 1

I think his point was while you simply click a button to craft something you can still do OTHER things while your companion does the crafting, want to craft an item while in a flashpoint? Click a button and continue on your way without disrupting the speed of the group. In WoW if you try to do the same thing(depending on your role) and you're holding the group back for 10+ seconds depending on whats being crafted, sure it's not much of a disruption but its still a slight inconvenience for the rest of the group.

That said I do think some of the crafting times could be lowered a bit as an hour to craft a single Magenta Power Crystal is a bit absurd though.

I'm definitely in the camp for trying it if you can afford the initial $60 cost, if not wait for a trial to show up(it's bound to happen imo).

A few of the obvious bugs being Ravage(and the Knight equivalent) and Full Auto(as well as the Bounty Hunter equivalent) not dealing any damage when used, or not dealing damage till it goes through an animation that lasts for half the cast(believe this one has been fixed), though this has mostly been fixed I have still had it happen a few times though not as often. Another very annoying one is when the UI bugs and you are unable to click anything, I do bind my abilities but when I need to drag something out of my bags and onto my bars but can't because the interface bugs, it gets annoying because it happens so randomly and quite often for me it's not game breaking because a simple ctrl+U usually fixes it but it does get frustrating having it happen so often.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2012-01-28 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the collect 30 weapons and/or kill 30 players in Ilum is pretty damn boring if there are no enemy players and a bunch of your own guys. You just drive in circles for 45 minutes. It isn't the end of the world anything, but it isn't much fun either. I've definitely run into some buggy ass shit though. Whenever I zone into a flashpoint, my mouse cursor disappears. I just have to right click to get it back. No big deal. But, some of the foaming ragers here and on the official boards probably have a stroke whenever that happens.